Best BB Cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mszJessica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried Skin 79 samples off their website it was I believe.. They were 2 for 1$ and I really love the hot pink one. A little goes a long way with that too! But it took nearly a month to get to my house

Cool.  I just looked them up and found this for free samples:

http://www.skin79northamerica.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=129&Itemid=102

I can't confirm that it's legit, but thought I'd share.

I am really really pale and I know most of you said BB creams are mainly for lighter skinned people, but I just wanted to make sure there is a kind out there that would work for me. I hadn't even heard about BB cream until I got my Birchbox, I'm pretty much a makeup newbie.

I recently received a couple of sample foil packets of  Missha's BB cream and absolutely love it.  It looks grey going on, which scared me.  I left it alone for a few minutes to do it's thing and looked again and it had blended in with my skin and looked great.  So different than a foundation!

Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cool.  I just looked them up and found this for free samples:

http://www.skin79northamerica.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=129&Itemid=102

I can't confirm that it's legit, but thought I'd share.
I emailed them about it (their page being non-active) and got this auto-reply immediately:

Thank you for responding to the current promotion.

The samples promotion has reached its limit.

We will start the sample promotion again on a later date, which at that time will have notifications on our "facebook Page".

Thank you,

SKIN79 North America, Promo Team.

Originally Posted by Naun-Negotiable /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them about it (their page being non-active) and got this auto-reply immediately:

Thank you for responding to the current promotion.

The samples promotion has reached its limit.

We will start the sample promotion again on a later date, which at that time will have notifications on our "facebook Page".

Thank you,

SKIN79 North America, Promo Team.
same thing here :/

I have to second CaliMel! I love it! the only thing that I dont like is the price, but I did manage to get it cheaper at buyapowa.com! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just purchased the Estee Lauder one, and I really really like it. It smells like cucumbers and aloe though, so be aware of that if you are scent sensitive!
But the formula is really pigmented without looking like foundation. It looked too yellow on me initially, but it blended right in and evened out my skintone nicely. I still have to use concealer on my undereyes/eyelids, and blemishes, but it makes the rest of my face look more refreshed, evened out and not so ruddy.

I like the garnier but it's a little too dewey looking for my taste. I actually put it over the Estee Lauder one and it was perfect, since the EL one is more of a matte finish, it was like they met in the middle, plus it warmed up the color a little more.

i went the ebay route after all and got 2 different kinds of skin79 samples from 2 different sellers with really high ratings. they are shipping from korea so it is going to take a couple of weeks but it would take that long hemming and hawing about it anyway.
if you are interested, one of the sellers is cosmetic.love and she has a bunch of 3-pack samples for under 2 bucks with buy-it-now instead of bidding (and free shipping)

Originally Posted by onthecontrary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wondering if the base shade will even be too dark though :/. I usually get whatever lightest color is offered by a brand (right now using MUFE and Hourglass), but in the winter that's even too dark. 
I am looking at buying a specific brand's line just for this reason. well not me, i am about NC20 but my bff is a whiiiiiteeee girl so we are going to buy together. anyway the brand is Holika Holika and the line is Peach Girl BB Cream. It gets really great reviews and the swatches look great. check out the pink sith's review to see the light shade ! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

p.s bonus, it has a cream blush in the cap (i am a little girl haha)

Originally Posted by Naun-Negotiable /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am looking at buying a specific brand's line just for this reason. well not me, i am about NC20 but my bff is a whiiiiiteeee girl so we are going to buy together. anyway the brand is Holika Holika and the line is Peach Girl BB Cream. It gets really great reviews and the swatches look great. check out the pink sith's review to see the light shade ! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

p.s bonus, it has a cream blush in the cap (i am a little girl haha)
Oh great! I will definitely check that one out. After being thoroughly disappointed with the Dr. Jart that Birchbox sent out I ordered a tube of skin79 intense classic from prettyandcute.com. I like it so far, but it isn't perfect so I'm definitely going to try some others when I run out.

Originally Posted by onthecontrary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh great! I will definitely check that one out. After being thoroughly disappointed with the Dr. Jart that Birchbox sent out I ordered a tube of skin79 intense classic from prettyandcute.com. I like it so far, but it isn't perfect so I'm definitely going to try some others when I run out.

report back if you do! i am hoping this is The One but who knows til i slap it on my face, and we aren't ordering til 2 weeks from now so you might beat us to it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I recently ordered the hot pink bb cream from skin79 off of Amazon. Usually I'm hesitant because of fakes but the seller (Pink Gelee) had nothing but positive reviews and guaranteed labels of authenticity on the products, plus the bottle I ordered comes with a sample of the Gold bb cream. I also ordered one of the hot pink in a travel size, as well as a travel size of the Skin79 diamond bb cream. Now I just need to wait for everything to get here and I'm so excited and antsy, LOL! I have the Garnier "bb cream" and eh... like everyone else has said, it's a tinted moisturizer. I like that it has the SPF but it just feels really greasy... and the smell is pretty overpowering.

Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the Garnier "bb cream" and eh... like everyone else has said, it's a tinted moisturizer. I like that it has the SPF but it just feels really greasy... and the smell is pretty overpowering.
I 150% agree with that. It's nasty feeling and smells horrible.

i used bb cream for the first time today. i have the boscia bb cream sample from Sephora and it is amazing.  Here's a pic of me with it on:  it makes my skin look extra smooth, even, and glowy

I made a challenge on statigram involving me wearing a different type of lipstick/lip cream or lip pencil each day of the month.  Don't mind me lol. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I 150% agree with that. It's nasty feeling and smells horrible.
agreed, it is super overly scented for something that is going on your face.

Is there anywhere to buy Missha in the US in stores and not online? I live near a large Korean community, if anybody knows if some of those stores would carry it!

Originally Posted by Smahama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there anywhere to buy Missha in the US in stores and not online? I live near a large Korean community, if anybody knows if some of those stores would carry it!
I know that H-Mart carries it (in the one near me at least) in their cosmetics shop inside.

Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know that H-Mart carries it (in the one near me at least) in their cosmetics shop inside.
I have heard this too @ H-Mart in Atlanta.  I have yet to check it out & confirm, though.

Latest posts

Back