Best Blush for Olive skin tone

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm having trouble finding a good blush for myself.  I have a mediterranean-type olive skin and am not sure what colors would look best. I'd also be grateful for specific product suggestions (as long as they aren't too expensive).  I have an oily t-zone but pretty okay otherwise, so should i'm not sure if I should go with powder or cream.

Hello fellow Austinite!

I don't have a lot of experience with blushes but what little I have been experimenting with, I have found I like the look of bronzer as blush best.

As for cream or powder, I think that is more of personal nature. I've only dealt with powders myself but am looking for a nice cream blush

Originally Posted by william55623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try MAC
Thanks! do you have color suggestions? I'm not too familiar with MAC since I've never had a store near me.  But now that i'm in a bigger city I might

If you go to the store and talk to the girls, they will do swatches on you so you can see what it looks like. Its one of the main reasons they are my fave store. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks! I'll have to try that.  Unfortunately it's kinda far away from me and I don't have a car :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  i'm a poor grad student haha.  Maybe i'll beg one of my roomies to take me!

Stick with colors that already look good you... plums, nuetrals, copper peaches, warm pinks... if you're more daring, magenta's (bright pinks) done right look amazing on olive skin.

You can start with Avon's Mineral Blush in Golden Glow and Blushing Mauve may be good (and affordable) way to start.

(Images are off of Google search)

Colors like this work well too on Olive/Yellow skin

In regards to powder vs. cream it is trully a personal preference.  My skin has changed, but I was never able to wear a cream blush because I was oily all over... now that my skin has calmed down a bit, I experimented with cream and felt that it gave me a dewy look - which is fine... but not different than when I was already oily - so I'm looking dewy on purpose this time. 

So, I decided to stick to powder blushes to have a more matte type look.

Just remember, when getting your makeup done at the mall - they lighting is very different than any real or natural lighting you will experience outside of the mall.  So, if a color looks AMAZING under 1000x bright white light, it may look horrible under natural sunlight... the same is true visa versa.  You might think you look horrible at the mall and realize that you look fabulous at home.

My suggestion is to try out different looks, and then go outside or elsewhere to determine if the color is a good match for you... even just walking from the MAC counter to main area of the mall where the lighting is softer, you can see the difference in the store mirrors.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you go to the store and talk to the girls, they will do swatches on you so you can see what it looks like. Its one of the main reasons they are my fave store. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have olive skin and have always searched for the perfect blush for my skin. i like pimented products and got so happy when I found this one from YSL. A bit pricey but i cant live without it now!!!

With olive skintones I love bright apricot pink shades. They add a nice pop of color when applied lightly.

I ended up getting a more natural color first, since i'm still not very adventurous!  So I got (mostly just to see what colors I like best and try it out) Maybelline Fit Me's Medium Nude.  So far I like it!  It shows up pretty well on my skin.

*I took this picture from the Maybelline site

That was a great color choice Java...

Experiment and go beyond your comfort zone...  Remember, its only makeup and it washes off with water and soap if you don't like it!
wink3.gif

I never use to wear blush, my olive skin got away with not much make-up. BUT! On a recent trip to ULTA, I began speaking to the make-up artist working that day, she gave me some simple tips and a quick demonstration which provided very nice, dramatic results. I LoVe "12-hour Amazonian Clay Blush" in color "Flush" by tarte cosmetics. Also, a very good, slightly slanted blush brush makes a world of difference. I've received so many compliments sice I've been wearing it.

Originally Posted by Heather Marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never use to wear blush, my olive skin got away with not much make-up. BUT! On a recent trip to ULTA, I began speaking to the make-up artist working that day, she gave me some simple tips and a quick demonstration which provided very nice, dramatic results. I LoVe "12-hour Amazonian Clay Blush" in color "Flush" by tarte cosmetics. Also, a very good, slightly slanted blush brush makes a world of difference. I've received so many compliments sice I've been wearing it.
I just received the Tarte blush in Flush in the latest NBTT. The color looked very intense so I haven't tried it yet. But now I will.

Thanks!

If you want to keep it simple, an old stand by is the Mocha Pink by Clinique but it looks pretty close to that Fit Me Blush. I recently have been playing with the Tarte Buff and finally used the NARS Orgasm after a long time and it is quite stunning on Olive Skin Tones. To stay in budget, NYX has quite a few pretty colors and dupes like Dusty Rose and they even have dupes for Orgasm. I have a few but have not used them yet, but love the products I have used from them. The prices are reasonable which makes it more fun to play, especially with the 20% off they are doing this weekend. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hr Blush in Expose.  Love this color-very natural.  Dollface is great too.  No parabens and great for all skin types.

Product Description: 

Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish for an amazing 12 hours.

For oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place. Those with dry skin will benefit from the clay's nourishing and hydrating properties, which naturally restore skin's moisture. Combination skin types can rely on its ability to zero in on skin concerns and deliver benefits to restore complexion harmony. 

Latest posts

Back