Best body oil for skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that winter is pretty much here, what type of body oil do you use? I'd like to try some sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil, something nourishing for the skin...what body oil do you thin is the best?

this is the one i use, eo body quencher in rose chamomile scent. i mix it with my body lotion or moisture gels in the winter. i've included the link so you can check out the ingredients.

body-quencher-rose-and-chamomile-8oz-large.jpg

EO - natural and organic personal care products#

I usually use lotions, not oil. But, I have used The Body Shop's Dry Oil mists and I like those. I can't stand that greasy feeling and these don't go on like that.

Alpha Keri bath oil. Just a tiny capful in your bath and it stays on your skin when you get out, but not in a greasy way =)

I love using Massage bars !

especially from Lush and Skindecent!

they are natural,no mineral oil,smell wonderful!awesome!!
sheep.gif

Originally Posted by pure25honey /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like neutrogena sesame oil I agree, it smells great!!I used to use oil after every shower but I have now found something better........Olay in shower body lotion............it's the best stuff I have ever used on my skin!!

sweet almond is great but takes time to be absorbed. instead i go for macadamia (hmmm, hazelnut smell !).

No doubt in my mind, SESAME oil! I began using it three years ago when I read about it being used in Ayurvedic medicine practices, as I was researching all-natural healing options while healing from a motorcycle accident (and five surgeries after it). It's been awesome! You use it for a daily (or before each time you bathe, if not daily) full body massage, from head to toe. I even use it on my scalp and face. It doesn't clog pores or cause oily hair because it is naturally absorbed in the body (and I have a tendancy toward oily skin on my face). Also, it seems to have completely cured my dry scalp that I usually get from the dry heat of the indoors during the cold months.

Part of the health benefits of a daily massage is with the glandular system, that it stimulates the passing of toxins out of the body. It's great for keeping the skin from drying, which in turn helps with the skins elasticity. This all helped me with the surgeries, since I was on a lot of medication and I wanted to do everything I could to keep the after-effects to a minimum. It has also helped with decreasing scarring.

Of course, please feel free to research on your own the purpose and other benefits of Ayurvedic medicine for more info.

You can find sesame oil in some natural food stores, on the internet (like Deepok Chopra's site has it, as he is an Ayurvedic doctor) and at stores like Whole Foods and Metropolitan Market (these are here in Seattle).

I use it year round, but I'm sure you would find it works perfectly for what you're looking for during the winter months.

Enjoy!

P.S. Sesame oil doesn't really have much of a scent, but you can add essential oils for that. Be sure to consult a professional about amounts and scent combinations though, as some essential oils can be more irritating than others. However, I sometimes use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Body Oil because I love the cocoa butter smell! It's so, so yummy!

My favorite is Origin's Calm to Your Senses, it's lavender and vanilla, smells really nice.

Originally Posted by pure25honey /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like neutrogena sesame oil I soo wanted to like that stuff, but it made my skin itch for some reason.

I use baby oil myself. I love it in the summer after being in the sun all day. Come home get a shower, lotion up and dab a little oil on.

Latest posts

Back