Best cleansing cloths???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering what the best facial ones out there are. I've never used them, but I want to get something to bring to the gym with me to clean and freshen up when I'm done with my workout. Sometimes I can't always come straight home and although I don't mind being all stinky and sweaty after a workout, I hate the feeling my face gets.

I absolutely love MAC's cleansing cloths. They smell so nice and leave your skin feeling soft and fresh. I just got them and I love them. They tale off all of your make-up and don't irritate your skin at all. Here is the description from MAC's website:

Swipes away smudges, dirt and grime, pronto! Oversized, luxurious, super-saturated with a mild, alcohol-free cleansing emulsion. Highly efficient: totally refreshing. Wipes are the quickest, most convenient way to cleanse and tone the skin. They hydrate, soften and condition, leaving the skin perfectly primed for makeup or a moisturizer, like Studio Moisture Fix. Wipes are made of a silky soft, strong fabric that won't fall apart, and the re-sealable lid keeps the Wipes fresh, moist and ready to use anywhere. A favorite of models at the International Collections, Wipes gently and effectively remove all makeup, including waterproof and longwearing products, with no rinsing required.

HTH!

I was using Ponds Cucumber exfoliating cloths....Those were nice - I ran out, and the store didn't have any left, so now I got Biore Daily Deep Pore Cleansing cloths.... These things get down deep into pores to keep away the clogs, and takes off every stitch of makeup!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks, I'm not big on MAC at all. In fact I never buy their stuff anymore-too irritating for my dry skin. I was looking at either Neutrogena, Dove, or Ponds. It seems like Biore products are more for oily skin, I think it would dry me out too much. Maybe I'll just get them all to compare. UGH, I can't wait for my man to come back, he's the only one who can keep me from buying too much when I go out.

Originally Posted by envymi Thanks, I'm not big on MAC at all. In fact I never buy their stuff anymore-too irritating for my dry skin. I was looking at either Neutrogena, Dove, or Ponds. It seems like Biore products are more for oily skin, I think it would dry me out too much. Maybe I'll just get them all to compare. UGH, I can't wait for my man to come back, he's the only one who can keep me from buying too much when I go out. LOL! If you don't have oily skin - I'd go with the ponds... I love the cucumber exfoliating ones... great little cloths! They have these tiny green dots on them to help take off dead skin while you take off your Makeup. (but its not harsh at all)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i just use baby wipes that have aloe! lol. but it just use them to take off my make up because i wash my face with after i take it off.

i dunno if they're good enough as a cleaner though. i do want some cleaning cloths because sometimes i go to the gym during the day and am so tired that i don't want to wash my face. lol.

Originally Posted by shiso Olay Daily Facials, Total Effects, I *love* these. I've never tried these - mainly b/c I think you need water to get them sudsing up...? I just want something you can just pop out & use anywhere.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

So, I got the Ponds. I'll see how I like them later when I go to the gym.

I use Boots Cucumber Cleansing Wipes & i love them but i don't think they're available in the US! Let us know how you get on with the Ponds wipes

Olay Daily Facials are great! But just FYI, they work themselves into a lather (not sure if you want this for the gym or not).

Ok, so the Pond's don't work at all on me! My face felt soooo dry and I turned pink for a while. I was gonna go grocery shopping after the gym, but came straight home cuz I looked like I was sunburned or something. Thank god I still had some Rose Healing Cream left cuz as soon as I put that on I felt much better. I've heard about some cloths that are more for babies faces, but I think I might try them. I think they're from Mustela? Guess I'm going to Babies R'Us tomorrow.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 why don't you try baby wipes? I have and they don't irritate my skin, I used to use those to freshen up my face on sets back in the day. I'm just looking for something different. If I don't have any luck finding a good face cloth, I might just end up packing the baby wipes for the gym.

Originally Posted by envymi Ok, so the Pond's don't work at all on me! My face felt soooo dry and I turned pink for a while. I was gonna go grocery shopping after the gym, but came straight home cuz I looked like I was sunburned or something. Thank god I still had some Rose Healing Cream left cuz as soon as I put that on I felt much better. I've heard about some cloths that are more for babies faces, but I think I might try them. I think they're from Mustela? Guess I'm going to Babies R'Us tomorrow. Wow! You have really sensitive skin huh? These dont' seem to bother me, they just work good @ taking off my MU.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Olay now has an "express wet" version of the facials. I have sensitive skin and like these a lot. Takes all of the mu off too!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I've never tried these - mainly b/c I think you need water to get them sudsing up...? I just want something you can just pop out & use anywhere.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ok, so I've found 2 brands I like now. I got the Mustela baby facial cloths and they're good-especially for sensitive skin. I also really like the Comodynes towellettes. There are 3 different kinds I think and I got the Oats ones since it's supposed to be for dry skin and it worked well for me. Yay!

I got it at a local beauty store here, but they are also available online. In fact I think the Comodynes are cheaper on their site.

Latest posts

Back