Best coloring brands

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, a few weeks ago I dyed my hair back to it's natural color (dark brown). I had blonde highlights everywhere. Everything has been okay up until the last 2/3 weeks. It's fading and it looks horrible!
scared.gif
What's the best coloring brand I could buy in the store that lasts a long time or atleast a few months?

I would get it done professionally, but I just cannot afford it right now.

Thanks!

The reason that it has faded so badly is because you had highlights in there before. Which bascially means when the color molecules attached to your prelightened hair, they didnt penetrate that well. I am a hair stylist so what I normally do is I put on a "filler" which is a shade lighter than the color that I would like. After that processes, I then apply the color that I do want, and this will give the color molecules something to grab on to. So basically, you'll need to buy two boxes.

Originally Posted by Stylist101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif The reason that it has faded so badly is because you had highlights in there before. Which bascially means when the color molecules attached to your prelightened hair, they didnt penetrate that well. I am a hair stylist so what I normally do is I put on a "filler" which is a shade lighter than the color that I would like. After that processes, I then apply the color that I do want, and this will give the color molecules something to grab on to. So basically, you'll need to buy two boxes. I'll have to give that a try. I buy 2 boxes anyway because my hair is thick and long so 1 just won't cut it. Thanks for the advice!
laughing.gif

Please post pictures of your finished beautiful dark brown color when you have the chance! =)

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif Please post pictures of your finished beautiful dark brown color when you have the chance! =) No problem!
smile.gif
I'll probably do it Saturday or Sunday so I'll update then.

No problem and good luck.

Oh, another thing that could be a reason that it has faded is due to the sun or the UV rays from tanning beds. So if you do tan, cover your hair
smile.gif

same thing happened to me...then the second time I dyed my hair...it didn't wash out. Both times were done at home using clairol. Getting rid of the blond is hard!

Back