BEST COVERAGE mineral foundation (oily skin) ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello gals
satisfied.gif

First, i'm sorry for my english, i'm from France
icon_neutral.gif

I'm a beginner in mineral make up (actually trying some mineral foundation at the moment) and would like your advice

Mineral make up is not really well known here in France, so it's hard to known what to buy or not

I'm looking for a mineral foundation with a very very good coverage (i have redness on my cheeks) for oily skins

I already tried :

- Lily lolo but it doesn't stays long on my skin.. the coverage isn't enought, better for dry skins i think

- Meow in pampered but the coverage isn't enough again, and it doesn't stay either

- Signature minerals but the coverage is very light, so not for me

- Sephora pressed mineral powder, and although it was quite good, couldn't find the right colour for my skin

- EveryDay Mineral in Matte, which is the best mineral foundation i tried so far, very good coverage (it doesn't stay long on my skin though), but the shipping costs to France are crazy (35$), that's why im trying to find another foundation

I've already looked at the topics in this forum about the coverage and saw that some foundations brands could be good for me :

- Buff'd in concealing

- Monavé

- Cory

- Melange

- Jenulence

- Lumière

I would like to know if any of you already tried some of them and could tell me the difference between these brands?

I'm trying to find a foundation that has at least the same coverage as EM in Matte, or better

Hope you can help me
eusa_pray.gif

wave.gif
divadoll

yeah i did, it doesn't really change anything..

do you know a good primer?

I use Monistat chafing gel.  Totally cheap and works like a charm if you use a pea size amount...  don't use more than that.

I have also been using the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) which has dramatically changed my skin from dry/oily to normal.  

Hi,

I use Siblingz Mineral Foundation Powder. It doesnt have bismuth, talc or kaolin. I am from Malaysia so u can imagine how hot it is. I also have oily T-zone. So far its not cakey, no breakouts and it stays all day looking flawless. I never even need to touch up or use primer. So far so gud. Their info www.siblingz.co.uk

I think currently they are offering free shipping. Send them an email.

Very oily lady from the Philippines here.

I've been using Buff'd concealing mineral foundation since early March of this year.

That sample size lasted me more than a month.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oil control: i'll rate it high(the highest among my stash) because I dont get ugly oily that fast anymore when using buff'd.  usually I oil after 10 minutes but with Buff'd I see tiny oil beads after 2 hours on my nose.  But nothing to worry about cause the oil blends nicely so it doesnt look disgusting(read: I don't need to blot yet at this point).

coverage: buildable.  I use a flat top kabuki brush if I want to go full, and I sometimes dampen the brush.  

it definitely covers my dark spots and dark under eye circles and it doesn't settle that bad on fine lines either.

effect: "glow from within".  this doesn't make my face matte flat. hurray when you're nearing your late 20s! about a year ago, I wanted matte so badly but that's not my cup of tea anymore so Buff'd definitely gave me a good amount of definition like as if I've put a good highlighter at the right places without even putting any. 

longevity: til the end of the day, about 60 to 70% is left without it sliding off from my face and that's without primer.  You just see some parts of dark spots comin' through but is still a little bit faded.  Definitely does not make my face look dirty.  Thank heavens!

There's no need to retouch either, you just need to blot a little bit and you're make up looks fresh again.  Saves me makeup and time!

others: the first time I had this on, it was itchy around the nose for more than 2 hours.  But after that, I no longer experienced itchiness. 

I've yet to find my perfect shade.  Which is hard since I can only get swatches online and make guesses from there.

By the way,

And friends have noticed how my skin got smoother and got "right".  Again, "glow from within".

Did not break me out either.

In 3 weeks my 2nd sample will be consumed, which means I'm ordering a full sized jar because this will be my official HG foundation.

I am soooo not buying any other foundations.  This mineral foundation really makes my very oily skin face/skin look good the whole day.

Back