Best coverage MMU?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I'm totally new to this whole MMU thing. I've been reading post after post (as much as I can while taking care of my little one!) and can't seem to find which brands give really good coverage. I have many existing acne marks and would like to cover them as much as possible without looking like I have a face full of MU on. Any suggestions would help! Thanks!

I like Aubrey Nicole full coverage foundation powder. It really gives good coverage with minimal amounts!

Another good one, but slightly less coverage (you'll need more layers) is Elemental Beauty. This one is great for it's staying power!

I thought that Monave had very heavy coverage, which in my case was way too much.

I use Monave and it gives wonderful coverage.....I'm old...haha and it covers all my imperfections, age spots, dark circles, etc.

Lumiere provides light to med coverage IMO and the same goes for Meow. It all depends on what type of coverage you intend to achieve. Personally, light to med works awesome since i don't have too much to conceal:) Hope that helps some
wink.gif

So far I find EDM intensive gave me the fullest coverage. On the other hand it does not look heavy at all. Oceanmist coverage also very good, but it has talc,so if you have sensitive skin like me, it may break you out.

I've tried over a dozen brands of minerals. The heaviest I've found is Monave. It has great staying power. I don't use it because it was too heavy for me and I couldn't find a match.

I use Lumiere and sometimes Meow. I find Lumiere (and actually the others I've tried) all have buildable coverage.

I use the Cashmere and FF in Lumiere and get medium coverage. It could probably get heavier if I added another layer or so. Also, I apply the minerals wet so it makes them a little more sheer.

Good luck finding what you need.

Originally Posted by peachycheeks /img/forum/go_quote.gif So far I find EDM intensive gave me the fullest coverage. On the other hand it does not look heavy at all. Oceanmist coverage also very good, but it has talc,so if you have sensitive skin like me, it may break you out. I agree with EDM intensive... it gives good coverage but does not look heavy or cakey...

Mineral Boutique Cover It provides very heavy coverage and Amy (the owner) offers excellent Customer Service! She's got other formulas too and all w/or w/out Vitamin E. One of my favorite blushes is from MBO-Lou Lou, it's a warm "sugary" peach. Her samples are very generous so I highly suggest you try some!

Originally Posted by peachycheeks /img/forum/go_quote.gif So far I find EDM intensive gave me the fullest coverage. On the other hand it does not look heavy at all. Oceanmist coverage also very good, but it has talc,so if you have sensitive skin like me, it may break you out. Oceanmist no longer contains talc. They took it out a few months back. I ordered some of their new product and it works great. We probably have the same type of skin because all of the products that work for you work well for me too!
flowers.gif
I am a great fan of Oceanmist, EDM (all formulas), and Aubrey Nicole. I switch off between these 3 because for me, it seems to work better that way.

CooCoo

I think the best coverage mmu foundations that I've used are

Monave

Bare Faced Minerals

Cory - heavier but apply lightly and it's natural looking and covers flaws very well

Kt Naturals

I love Monave's full coverage too, because I have acne scars as well, and it covers all!! I also like EDM's coverage. Both companies give plenty of foundation in their samples, but EDM is free, you just pay shipping and handling.

Meow, Lumiere, EDM give me great coverage. Aubrey Nicole really did nothing for me. I'm looking into Monave, and definitely the brands geared more towards light skinned ladies.

I completely agree with the other ladies that Monave has the most coverage. A few others that I've noticed that give really good coverage is Buffd, Milan Minerals, and Jenulence.

La Bella Donna has a gorgeous coverage. You have to be careful because it is totally buildable and if you get too much on your brush it's too heavy. This is my favorite brand of MMU. It's pricier though.

I'm not very up on ingredients and if they are natural or not. Is Monave all natural? Looks like a great product, I'm thinking of trying it.

Thanks

Kris

Yes Monave is all natural and they do provide quality products. They have 2 foundation formulas that offer lighter and heavier coverage.

Back