Best creamy formulas?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it just me or do a lot of polishes make not so great cream formulas? I did a white Julep polish for a skull themed accent nail and it was a horrible streaky mess to apply. Recommendations for better brands/polishes or maybe your worst encounters! Sound off ladies!

I do find creams to be a troublesome set of polishes. My favorites creams are probably my Essies, Orlys or my OPIs. Cheap cream polish is usually a chipping nightmare. It also seems that the lighter the cream the more streaky and weird it is. Don't get me started on pastel yellow and pink.

Oh man, creams are a nightmare for me. The one I love most, oddly enough, is from the Revlon Moon Candy line. It's the purple one and it is seriously the ONLY cream I've ever used that was opaque in ONE COAT. I was shocked (in a good way).

Yes, a pain in the tookus! They're always extra thick and too heavy or a streaky mess. But I like the look at times and figured better ask around lol. I'll second the lighter creams and streaking. I find darker creams usually run a little thicker, but I'd prefer that over major streaks. I do like Revlon polishes. Drugstore brands have come a loooong way lol.

If I find a cream I want to wear and don't want to put on 4593245 coats of it, I just put on a coat of white base and then a coat or two of the cream. It has worked for most colors so far.

Julep has been very hit or miss with me! Some of their nail polishes are opaque after one layer, while others need 2 or 3 to get the same effect. They can also be quite streaky.

I prefer Illamasqua nail polishes which have great formulas and last long. China Glaze is also very good!

My fav at the moment are Orly polishes. Great coverage. Also OPI's No Chip Top Coat & OPI's Fast Freeze Quick Dry.

Creams are  my favourite finish as I'm not much for glitters.  Some creams are definitely worse than others and I've never found a white formula that isn't a streaky pita to apply.

I seriously believe the Wet n Wild has some of the best cream formulas ever.  I don't think I've ever had a problem with any of their creams...I have never tried their white one though.

Latest posts

Back