Best Drugstore Makeup!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My faovirte foundation is almay smart shade, I love maybelline the falsies mascara, and revlon nail polish is great too. Revlon lip butters are my favorite lip anything, from any brand. 

Loreal HIP has good eye products. I especially like that they can be found at the dollar store every once in a while. I've picked up an electric blue eyeliner, and 2 cream shadows from there.

I don't have a favorite foundation but I love Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream because its nice and light and you can also mix it with a foundation if the foundation color doesn't match:) My favorite powder is Rimmel's Stay Matte because it does a good job at covering pores The concealer I love is Elf's under eye concealer/highlighter because the formula is nice and wet and easy to blend:) I love the 32 color Elf eye shadow palette for Fall. Most colors have very good pigmentation. I love Maybelline's The Falsies for volume and the Lash Stiletto Voluptuous for length For lipstick I love NYX round lipstick in Pumpkin Pie and Maybelline Baby lips!

Originally Posted by Karinalicious /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's my favorites! They've all become HG products for me, so it's great that they are so cheap! I included an estimated price for each.

Loose Powder: Coty Airspun in Extra Coverage Translucent - $6

Mascara: Maybelline Volum'Express Falsies - $5

Bronzer: NYC Matte Bronzer (No glitter!) - $2

Chapstick: Nivea Milk and Honey Lip Treatment -$2

Nailpolish: Sally Hansen Insta-dri nail polish - $6

Eyeliner: Any Physicians Formula Liquid Eyeliner - $8
I second the Maybelline Falsies. Colossal lashes worked pretty well for me too.

Foundation: Right now I am using Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light Sheer Tint and I love it! I never wore foundation every day before, but I wear this about 75% of the time now because it also has an SPF and covers the bit of redness I seem to get in the winter time.

Powder: I have used several. I loved the Palladio rice powders, but right now I am using Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in Creamy Natural.

Concealer: NYX HD Photogenic concealer, also doubles as a better coverage foundation for me when I want more coverage (streak it on with the wand, then dab it outward with a sponge).

Eye Shadow: I have a few but none I use very often.

Eye Liner: I recently used a Wet N Wild eyeliner pencil that I really liked. I also like the Jordana Easyliners because I hate sharpening pencils. I use Rimmel eyeliners as well, but the smudge/blend badly in my experience.

Mascara: E.L.F. Lash Extending mascara (from Target, which I guess is not technically a drugstore) is absolutely wonderful! I have never had a mascara that did not clump but gave me longer lashes, but this one does.

Lipstick: Sonia Kashuk lipstick in Sheer Rosebud and Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Red Revival are my two favorite lipsticks. I tend to favor the Red Revival for events and I wear the Sheer Rosebud more for photoshoots because it is a bit less glimmery to me.

Lip Gloss: Hard Candy Plumping Serum in Cake Walk (pink) is great for when I want just a bit of pink and gloss, or to go over nude or pink lipstick and Maybelline ColorSensational High Shine Gloss in Gleaming Grenadine is a great semi-opaque red gloss.

Wet n Wild liquid eyeliner (non-waterproof) Mega Liner has been my HG liquid eyeliner for a few years. Easy to remove. Very thin brush allows thin crisp lines. Only about $3 per tube

• Foundation: Neutrogena liquid healthy skin liquid foundation and Revlon Color stay
  • Powder: Milani Powder face
  • Concealer: I havent try that many yet
  • Eye Shadows: Maybelline color tattoos, NYX, Wet n Wild, Profusion
  • Mascara: Maybelline the mega plush
  • Lipstick/Lipgloss: Revlon 

Foundation cover girl nature Lux foundation aka the Green natural one that Taylor swift promoted. It's amazing and doesn't cause breakouts plus it protects the skin and has amazing coverage Lipstick/lipgloss Maybelline lip butters!! I am so in love with these! Really moisturizing an amazing color selection! Great pigmentation!! Try it! Concealer- garner fructics it's amazing and covers it all. Powder Maybellime Fit Me it's light and has great coverage I recommend this in the winter and I recommend Almay Pressed Powder for the warm and sunny weather. It has a SPF and great coverage and feels very light weight and doesn't cause breakouts! Eye shadow- anything from Almay it Maybelline tattoo Mascara- Maybelline the rocket!! I swear by this what normally takes other mascaras 3 coats to get black lashes it does in one coat. I seriously am in love with it and you should try it !!

Eyeshadow: Wet 'n' Wild (trios and 8-pan palettes)

Mascara: Maybelline Colossal Lash

Lipstick: Cover Girl Lip Perfections

Honorable mention to Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation, because I really enjoy the formula (lightweight, sheer, evens out complexion) but I never wear it because my skin is quite hassle-free. I feel like foundation is an unnecessary step for me. 

Also, I don't use it every day, but Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer is the only one I've tried, but I love it, and it works well. (Although I think in terms of pigment, there may be better options out there, likely at the department store). 

Unfortunately, I haven't found any drugstore liners, blushes, or glosses that really wow me. :/

elf's HD blushes are an HG for me, not sure if they've been mentioned yet. apply with a small stipple blush; PERFECTION. i only have one, in the shade "superstar" although i want to grab a couple more. it's what got me into/excited about blush again!

i developed large pores within the last six months (seriously, one day i just noticed they were there!) and unless i'm having a great skin day i just can't do blushes with ANY hint of shimmer, sparkle, etc. these are matte - hallelujah! - and the formula is great. with a stipple brush, you get away with very little product and just tap it on lightly, less "stuff" on your face to bother it. 

Latest posts

Back