BEST eye cream?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Eye cream seems to be one of the most important to fight aging.

Do you want to share what eye cream you currently use? Please comment whether or not you like/love it and reason.

I am 23 and starting to worry about these fine lines i have in the bottom of my eyes. They start right where the dark circles start underneath the inner eye.

I am currently using Vichy roller-ball eye cream - feels nice but I'm not even sure whether or not its working or not. It feels pretty light.

So ladies, please let me know what eye creams you would recommend!

shakehands.gif

I have been on the hunt for the perfect eye cream for about 10 years now (I started when I was 19) I have been using an eye cream that I got from CVS for $20 by Glyloxane. It is for drak circles, and bags and I think it works better than all of the others I have tried (Clinique, Origins, the list goes on....) I don't think it has anti-aging stuff in it though.

I also have been using an anti-aging eye cream from Clarins. It was just a sample tube though. That seems to work pretty good. I bet it's expensive though....

i just use my moisturiser (nivea blue pot). someone told me you didn't need to start worrying about anti-ageing products until you're 25!
biggrin.gif

I'm using the Biore one, since it was on sale... I don't feel like it does anything though. So I'm gonna try the Garnier roller next, then AVON Clinical. I need to find something that works, cuz my hood and bags are getting out of hand.

I just use a regular moisturizer. You really dont need a special eye cream as they don't prevent aging. Moisturizers in general don't prevent aging but can make fine lines less noticeable by pumping up the skin.

I use two, depending on whichever is closer to me when I'm moisturizing. I have Bliss All Around Eye Cream and Sue Devitt Microquatic Eye Concentrate. I honestly can't tell the difference between them (although there's a $72 price difference), both moisturize the same, and fill in my little crinkles underneath my eye just fine.

Make sure to put sunscreen on your eyelids and under your eyes during the day! (Sun damage is a huge cause of ageing). It just dawned on me that these parts get sun too! Just make sure to use a sunscreen that doesn't irritate like Vanicream. Everything irritates my eyes, but vanicream sunscreen doesn't. Also wait a moment to let the sunscreen sink in before applying eye primers.

I use Clinique's "all about eyes" and find it very moisturizing, although it did nothing a/b dark circles. It did however make my under-eye lines less noticeable b.c. it moisturized the area well. (P.S. we all have lines there, looking back, I had lines there as a pre-teen!) So some under eye lines may never go away completely b.c. you were born with them there. They just get more noticeable do to dryness, stress, dehydration, and sun damage.

Crow's feet however are a different story. I recently bought Strivectin for some, ahem, stretch marks, and decided to also use it around my eyes. I do believe it is decreasing any slight crows-feet lines that were begining to show.

Tally7 - It can be so hard to find a SS for the eye area. Vanicream is great suggestion for SS around the eyes.

don't be fooled by the garnier roll on reese! it does NOTHING, it's pretty much just a gimmick.

Yeah, i agree about Garnier products.

Clinique all about eyes cream is great for the moisturising part, can't say i've noticed any improvements on my dark circles while using it.

Considering you're young, target anti aging by using a sunscreen. I like to use my La Roche Posay sunscreen, the one for combination to oily skins. It has a light texture, and i also make sure i apply sunscreen under my eyes after i've applied it everywhere else, so i'm sure i don't have too much product on my fingers. It works well for me.

I also use my regular moisturizer.

I also tried Garnier brightening eye roll-on and it kinda soothes my eyes. But I can't say it does have an effect on dark circle in the eyes though it does help in the puffy eyebags.

i think some people do like the cooling effect it gives, as its an alcohol gel stuff with a metal roller ball, it will feel cold on your eyes, which is nice, and will reduce puffiness to some extent and make you feel a bit more awake, but i don't think it does more than that though. and you could get the same effect with chilled teabags.

I've been using Avon's 24Hr Eye Moisturizer from their ANEW Rejuvenate line for about a month or so and so far I really like it. I'm 22yrs old but I've always had lines/wrinkles under my eyes as well as dark circles since I was young. It's very moisturizing and I like that there's 2 creams in one jar (one for day w/ SPF 25 and the other for night). I'm hoping it'll really help with the lines
smile.gif

I just picked up Olay Complete Ageless Eye Brightening cream today after hearing great reviews about it. I don't have a big wrinkle problem but want to focus on prevention for now.

I have heard wonderful things about Clinique All About Eyes too.

I've been using Egyptian Magic around my eye area, and whereas my eye area feels much smoother, and my eye-makeup goes on better, it doesn't do much for darkeness around my eyes.

I've used Prototype for me and it does worked, gave good result. I never faced any side effect even. But, it costs around $150, i think. If anyone get any other side effects, please share here which will be useful for everyone.

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif don't be fooled by the garnier roll on reese! it does NOTHING, it's pretty much just a gimmick.

couldn't agree more....utter rubbish. I gave mine away.

I've only been applying this for a short time of time and I already see results. My eyes are lighter and brighter and all sorts of around better. I possibly could not have picked a greater product to make use of than this one. If you have the same problem with those tiny little wrinkles that I do, I completely have to recommend this to you. This made those little wrinkles so much less noticeable and I feel so much better already. I feel more youthful and I am kind of taken aback that this worked this well and I hope it works as well for you too!

Latest posts

Back