Best eye shadows??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm in need of finding new eye shadows! I do a lot of high fashion shoots. I want BRIGHT and COLORFUL pallets or singles. There's this website called witch Slap Cosmetics, BEST eye shadows ever. But I need more!!!! Other than MAC, Urban Decay and all that. I would appreciate some suggestions!!!!! Please and thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-MaKenna

Have you tried anything from etsy? People there make awesome mineral shadows which are very pigmented even without a primer. If you're interested I can recommend a couple of sellers I loved

Originally Posted by MaKenna13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey everyone,

I'm in need of finding new eye shadows! I do a lot of high fashion shoots. I want BRIGHT and COLORFUL pallets or singles. There's this website called witch Slap Cosmetics, BEST eye shadows ever. But I need more!!!! Other than MAC, Urban Decay and all that. I would appreciate some suggestions!!!!! Please and thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-MaKenna

witchslap actually has a pretty bad reputation due to the fact she sells Lady Burd cosmetics and has in the past (don't know if she's still doing it) sold the Lady Burd Paint Wheels as eye shadows and as being eye safe. Also I know a few indy companies have complained she stole their images from their site to market her products. She's definitely one company I know I would buy because there's no way to know if the products she's selling are safe for the eyes. Buyer beware.

If you're looking for reputable companies that sell bright and colorful shadows or pigments go with Sugarpill or Fyrinnae.

Sugarpill is amazing, Sleek has some great crazy colored palletes, also Lime Crime just made a pallete (i really need to buy it)

Depends on if you are looking for solids or loose minerals. For loose mineral shadows, I like to use LA Minerals or Pure Mineral Elegance. Good stay power,  easy to blend to make other colors. Really fun colors. If you want something bold with stay power, I love love LOVE L'Oreal Paris' new Infallible 24 hour eye shadow. No creasing, great colors, bold, frost, and some mattes. Easy to blend, easy to apply with just of you finger. Greatest eyeshadow I have ever used since my first mineral shadow!

I find it surprising that you have gotten to a point that you work on high fashion shoots but don't know what eyeshadow to get. Are you new to it?

I would suggest Make Up For Ever

I can't rave enough about LORAC palettes - they're amazing. Pigment is great, blend beautifully, don't crease. On the pricier side but definitely worth the retail cost. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> HauteLook carries them every now and then too, for $2 for singles and $15 for palettes - so if you see any LORAC shadows there, go for it!

Sugarpill, Inglot, and Illamasqua all offer bright and bold colors in their eyeshadow palettes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. You might want to look into Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics as well; I know that their lip colors are bright, and from a glance, they seem to have bright shadows too.

Don't forget Wet n Wild, cheap but good. Also those new Maybelline paint pots (I forget the name right now, and being lazy, but they are paint pot copies.) And I second the L'oreal infallibles. You don't always have to spend a lot (or wait by the mailbox for indie pigments lol) You can sometimes get instant gratification at the drugstore.

MaKenna13 you might wanna try Profusion,Almay,Revlon,L.A.Color,NYC Color,and Physician's Formula;they have great eye shadow's and their all cruelty-free.

buy a costal scents or bhcosmetics 120 pallette! I have one and its GOLD.

Also take a look at fyrinnae pigments

Back