Best Fat Burning/Weight Loss Supplements?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Gals,

Now that I'm finally back in the gym, I've been on the hunt for a good boost to get rid of this extra baggage I've been carrying around... A few years ago I used Stacker 3 (with ephedra) and although I felt like a jumpy mess on it - I did drop like 40 lbs in like 3 months. Welp, we all know about ephedra - and that its no longer available... (I really didn't like the feeling anyway) but all the supplements out now either don't work, or don't work but are loaded w/ caffeine to make you feel like it's working. LOL I used Lipo 6 before, had some ok results from that (maybe if I was at the gym more then it would've been better) but I ran out of it... and I've been looking for something else to try. I actually just bought some caffiene free Hydroxycut tonight, so we'll see how that works - but does anyone have some good ones they've tried???

I've never even thought about using diet pills or weight loss supplement pills. I dont think they're widely available over here anyway but if you find some Janelle, send the name my way! I'm in need of a few
biggrin.gif

Dont know u believe or not but two things in your kitchen can make u slimmer.

For your convenience im describing in detail.

1- PURE HONEY: No, dont look it for calories just listen its two way miracle which is use for being fatty (in milk) and for slimming (in water)

How to use:

In the morning before ur breakfast and before going to bed use 1-2 tea spoon full of honey in warm water (1 glass) , it works too good if lemon juice (1 teaspoon in one glass) is added.

2- number two is GARLIC yes off_course it smells bad and mousy but u can use it in your salads and foods several times daily or even once in an empty capsule.

More, dont go to gym but briskly walk daily and take it into your routine.

Start this plane and after 1 to 3 month tell others after success.

(Best of luck) Regards:

Dr. Lubna Zubair Alam

Originally Posted by dr.lubna zubair Dont know u believe or not but two things in your kitchen can make u slimmer.
For your convenience im describing in detail.

1- PURE HONEY: No, dont look it for calories just listen its two way miracle which is use for being fatty (in milk) and for slimming (in water)

How to use:

In the morning before ur breakfast and before going to bed use 1-2 tea spoon full of honey in warm water (1 glass) , it works too good if lemon juice (1 teaspoon in one glass) is added.

2- number two is GARLIC yes off_course it smells bad and mousy but u can use it in your salads and foods several times daily or even once in an empty capsule.

More, dont go to gym but briskly walk daily and take it into your routine.

Start this plane and after 1 to 3 month tell others after success.

(Best of luck) Regards:

Dr. Lubna Zubair Alam

Thansk for the advice! I'll have to try that! Do garlic pills have the same effect as whole garlic? (Like the pills they sell in vitamin stores) ?? I have just recently started going back to the gym - doing cardio mostly.I want to lose more weight first before I start toning with weights... I do walk briskly on the treadmill, varying speeds and incline for variety. I've also been doing the bike & elliptical... I really don't run or jog because it hurts my knees... but I'll definitely have to try your ideas... thank you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I dont know garlic pills contains garlic or something else with the same effect . Can only say its too simple to have fresh garlic in an empty capsule.

why u cant jog , If there is no bone or arthritis problem, u should make it as a habit slowly, the gradually.

Regards:

YOURS SINCERELY

Dr. Lubna Zubair Alam

I haven't brought this up in ages, but I am basically one of those Oprah people. I've been skinny (bone skinny: 5'10 tall and 125 pounds) most of my life until I started birth control pills. I started them when I was about 19 and I gained 30 pounds in very little time. I felt hungry and ate 6 meals per day, I was depressed and gained more and more until I was 210 pounds at the age of 22. It was crazy, I was so big and I didn't know what happened to me. I got so depressed, I started trying to commit suicide. If anyone showed me a thin picture from the past, I would go crazy. Not to mention, the boyfriend at the time told me I was fat (in a "nice" way) and I felt so ugly! He bought me Herbalife, ephedra based supplement, which was about $200 dollars per month, and I lost all the weight I gained and was back to my usual 125 pounds.

Yes, there were side effects. I was in the hospital a few times for related bladder infections and I couldn't drink alcohol because my stomach was messed up from the pills. BUT I was happy. I felt so pretty and great, and I didn't do any excersise! heh.

Now I'm 28 and the weight is coming back. I feel like I'm ugly again. When I passed the 150 pound mark , I started to panic. 160, panic/depression and now I don't know what I'm at. I am too scared to look.

Although Ephedra was a scary substance, I just want to thank whoever put it into pills so I could be skinny for just a little while to enjoy myself again. I've tried it all since it was banned. TrimSpa, Hot Rox, Xantrex, Hydroxycut, everything, no pounds lost. I do have to say that the Carb Cutter pills I take work a little bit, but the articles I've read say you lose up to 6 pounds per month. I guess its better than nothing.

I don't work out because I'm in school full time and I am rarely here at home. I want to work out so bad, I have a gym membership and everything!

Politely butting in as my post is not Weight Loss Supplements related:

Scarlette, what kind of foods are you eating when you are hungry? I've put on so much weight in the past 2 years (about 30lbs) and have been quite depressed about if for a while. Since October i've been trying my best to eat as healthy as possible & i really feel the difference now (losing weight gradually, feeling healthier & i'm more positive about things). I eat a healthy breakfast, lunch & dinner but i also have my treats. I just try & limit myself to 1500 a day & i've stopped drinking alcohol coz its so fattening. I don't exercise. I know i should but i can never motivate myself when i get home from work. I rented a Cross Trainer a few weeks back & did great the first few weeks but then i stopped using it!

Scarlette you are not FAt & you should have smacked that old boyfriend in the face for saying that to you (in a nice way or not).. I hope you feel better soon. Do try & start eating healty because as i said, not only will u lose weight, you'll feel better about yourself too.
biggrin.gif

dear scarlet,

Have you ever saw a person who is selling his product by lingual tricks , like he is about to showing some miracle and by proving that he goes to extreme for false comments and promises. Just like this sister, they are the business people who catch up us every day. Among them who works in real or a little they stay behind due to lack of publicity and lack of psychologically tantalizing offers thats why we look for them who are every where.

BEING SLIMMIER IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE but a hard and patient journey. I have already post a message in this form for loosing pounds slowly may happen it works well for u(AMEEN)

REGARDS

Dr. LUBNA ZUBAIR ALAM

Reply for Laura:

I only eat when it's breakfast, lunch or dinner and one snack mid day. I usually eat the same thing everyday. I have a bowl of Nutty Nuggets (a less carb infested version of Grape Nuts, which has very low sugar in it) with no-fat milk (which has a lot of sugar in it ahhhh!). Around one pm, I have either a little bag of pretzels or crackers with water. About 3 pm, I eat my lunch which is a Lean Pocket 6 grams of fat, and apple sauce with water. Dinner (this is where my fat comes from) is usually eaten out at a restaurant, very large portions, but in the past few weeks I've been getting salads with no croutons, usually Atkins style. I don't eat anything after dinner and usually no desert or sweets ever. I think what is killing me is the excersise and the dinner thing.

Dr. reply:

Yup, I saw your post and I think I may try it. I walk briskly at school going around campus and I know my heart is pumpin hard once I reach my destination. I have a stationary bike here at home and it seems to help, but I have recently had serious lung problems and I have frequent athsma attacks when I try to work out. I am getting better now, though with my medication. I quit smoking, it was really hurting my body bad since I am an athsmatic, there was a point to where I wasn't able to sing anymore (my other career in progress) and I began to feel like I was falling apart, I am slowly starting to sing again, but it's not the same, but I am not giving up.

I am a firm believer in exercise and eating right. No dieting! For some reason when people go on a diet, they may lose, but are completely depressed, so they go on a binge and gain it all back. If you change your eating habits and choose good food, there is no reason to diet.

A couple of years ago, I was 130 and lost 25 pounds in 3 months just from exercise alone. I'm 5'6 so I'm guessing most of you might think that's crazy. It was a combination of Step and other cardio classes and lots of walking everywhere. I was determined to get leaner. At 105, I looked sick and unhealthy. I started adding light strength training to the program and little by little my body started changing. I saw muscle where there was none and finally had a toned mid-section. I cut out fast food, except for the occasional slice of pizza and added more "clean" food to my intake. I wasn't big to begin with, but I didn't like the way my body looked, no muscle definition, no toning anywhere. I'm no where near disciplined enough to have a six-pack, but I'm happy with the way I look now. I feel better and have lots of energy and have crawled back up to 130 with a lot less meat on these bones and more muscle mass than before, but I still need to work hard at it. It takes a lot of determination to hit the gym and after a hard day at work, it can definitely curb your enthusiasm to get on that treadmill.

I would be afraid to try supplements, because you just don't know how your body would react to them.

I think Sophia really has the best suggestions. Losing weight isn't something that happens overnight. It takes more than a few weeks to put the weight on and realistically longer than that to take it off. Proper nutrition balanced with regular exercise will enable you to lose and then maintain a healthy weight. Not to mention all the other benefits that come with a healthy lifestyle. Starting gradually is always good because there is never any shock to your system. Cardio and weight training is ideal though. Despite what many may think (including me initially) Light weight training will not cause you to become big and thick. The more muscle your body has, the faster your metabolism becomes, in effect burning more calories. Once you get yourself on a routine that you are comfortable with you may want to try NOT weighing yourself regularly. Go by how vibrant and healthy you feel, how good your clothes start looking. Your ideal #weight may be a misleading representation of who you want to be. Try getting out of your head and start listening to what your body is telling you. 2 websites you may want to check out are www.freetrainers.com & www.kinetixliving.com The Kinetix site is great if you want a time friendly highly effective exercise regimen. Free trainers is awesome too. They personalize workouts for you based on what your needs, goals, skill level, health, activity level and equipment access are. Both web sites are full of a variety of wonderful resources. They helped me greatly. I have lost 20 pounds over the past year (my Dr. told me because I don't weigh myself) it has been gradual but I have loved every minute. It was hard at first but I took it slow and now it is all part of my life. And I don't exclude everything all the time, I still enjoy Big Mac's and pizza, I just don't have them everyday. Check out the web sites and I wish you all the luck. It is a hard battle but one you will be proud of when you have conquered it... And you will
smile.gif

My ex who's into weightlifting and all that is always trying to be really lean. He drinks this stuff called Redline. It's like redbull or other energy drinks. It's supposed to make you shiver and sweat to burn fat. I tried it for awhile, but I hated the taste. Never liked redbull, so I didn't like this stuff. It does make you all yped up though. Look it up and research it first. If you do end up using it, only drink half a bottle each day.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Hey Gals,Now that I'm finally back in the gym, I've been on the hunt for a good boost to get rid of this extra baggage I've been carrying around... A few years ago I used Stacker 3 (with ephedra) and although I felt like a jumpy mess on it - I did drop like 40 lbs in like 3 months. Welp, we all know about ephedra - and that its no longer available... (I really didn't like the feeling anyway) but all the supplements out now either don't work, or don't work but are loaded w/ caffeine to make you feel like it's working. LOL I used Lipo 6 before, had some ok results from that (maybe if I was at the gym more then it would've been better) but I ran out of it... and I've been looking for something else to try. I actually just bought some caffiene free Hydroxycut tonight, so we'll see how that works - but does anyone have some good ones they've tried???

Hey Angel...I think we all know the basics of healthy weight loss. Exercise, eat less, make healthy choices, etc. No big mystery there. So, not dissing anyone who talked about these things! That said.......You sound like you are going at this with the right mindset; you are not searching for a magic pill that will make you lose weight while you eat everything in sight and sit on the couch all day. Wouldn't you agree, the problem a lot of us experience is will power...the ability to actually follow through with what we know we should. It's hard! We eat not just to sustain life, but to celebrate, comfort, socialize, even to numb pain. People are even addicted to food. Eating is not something you can just stop doing, like gambling or drugs. So, the temptation is constantly there. Also, if you've yo-yo dieted or gone through hormonal changes, your metabolism is probably slower than slow. Many of us seek something that would give us that "edge", and hopefully speed up a sluggish metabolism.

I have tried a lot of things myself. I had fab sucess with Phen-Fen but we all know what happend with that. Since then I have tried Xenadrine but it didn't work for me, however it had worked wonders for my sister-in-law. Then I stumbled on the Release products. They really worked for me. The SA at GNC tried to tell me there was no ephedra in them but upon closer inspection I learned they did have a form of it, it was just derived from the root instead of the leaf, or something like that. Knowing this I decided to go ahead and try them. I ended up losing 25 lbs in only 2 1/2 months, with no exercise or will power. I feel like they worked for me because: they truly supressed my appetite and eliminated cravings, they sped up my metabolism, and they cleansed my system of toxins. I did experience side effects, tho. I would have awful hot flashes every day at 3 pm; my coworkers actually started making fun of me b/c my sweats would come on like clockwork! 3pm must have been when the herbs or whatever were at their peak in my system? Anyway, I also had "almost" diarrhea every morning, meaning...I HAD to go at a certain time, and if I couldn't get to a bathroom, it was not a good thing. I didn't actually have the runs but it was definetly loose, you know? It was one of the supplements that was taken at night and it was supposed to cleanse the system. Boy did it! Well, I put up with the side effects, because I was really big and the negatives of the supplements were far outnumbered by the negatives of being that overweight. After losing the 25 lbs, I was eating healthier, more whole grains, more fruits and veggies, and drinking lots of water. These things were unheard of for me. I had shifted into a healthier lifestyle, almost without meaning to. The supplements had given me that "edge" I needed, and even tho there were side effects, I don't regret using them. I stopped taking Release b/c my dr. put me on something (for a whole 'nother problem) and I couldn't mix them with anything like Release. I kept the weight off for a year then gained it all back when I went through a really stressfull time and ate to cope with it. *sigh*

Now, if you aren't that overweight, the possible side effects of a diet supplement might not be justafiable. But they were for me...my blood pressure went down and my terrible knee pain disappeared. So like I said, I put up with the side effects.

Ok, I just had to put my 2 cents in! Again, I agree with the basic principles of healthy eating and exercise... just wanna make that clear. Good luck!

I would recommend Cortisol- hunger control not to be confused with Cortislim or Cortisol that are far more expensive. I used ephedra successfully for years to control my weight. Even with ephedra, running 20 miles a week, and watching what I ate, I was 10-15 pounds overweight. Without ephedra, I am 25 pounds overweight. I was really sad personally when it was banned although I understood the greater need. I have been searching for two years now for a good replacement. I have tried Xendedrine, Hydroxycut, and several other top brands. They all made me dizzy and did nothing to give me extra energy. I recently in the last month have found a system I love that is cheap. It is a three part system each product costs $5 or $6 dollars. You take the Cortisol Hunger Control liquid gel tab in the morning, green tea fat burners morning and early afternoon (not late or you won't sleep) and liquid carb blockers when you consume carbs. I have lost 6 pounds in a month and I have not even worked out. The weight seems to come off without you really needing to a lot above and beyond taking the pills.

I wish there was a magic pill,i like fast results ,i want my tummy back where it was, its flat but i want definition.

Originally Posted by Naturally If your tummy is flat ..than crunches are what will give it definition. The bicycle ones are really good, reverse ones ..or better yet working with a ball is good too. As women though ...I don't think we get the washboard definition that men do in their abs because of our bodies. I dont want to be to defined just harder.my stomach is flat but not hard,since having kids,,thanks for the tips

Latest posts

Back