Best Foundation For African American Women

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prescriptives and mac....hairbykaren, wats ur color in true match?...if u dnt mind my asking.

I WILL DIE FOR Sacha Cosmetics brand of makeup colors, natural foundations.

It's a line that was designed for the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant, it's yellow-based and there's shades to compliment a wide range of skintones including darker ones.

My friends and I got it at home(Trinidad and Tobago) for what I guess would be our senior prom? and it matched all of our complexions perfectly.

You could order foundation testers on the site I listed above according to yr range and see how it works for you.

I also found a foundation that shocked the **** outta me. Milani's Honey Amber foundation and pressed powder also matched me. Other ones from L'oreal and MAC either make me look gray, or red...

Their skincare line is amazing... I'm sorry they don't have it on their website
frown.gif

Originally Posted by L281173 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Astarte Cosmetics makes excellent makeup for Women of Color. My complexion range in similar to that between Gabrielle Union and Missy Elliot. This line was especially designed for and by women of color.
ASTARTE

Another great line of foundation for women is Milan Minerals Makeup. Minerals are light in weight. This line is owned by an African American woman

Welcome

I've been a HUUUGE fan of Sacha Cosmetics for yrs now, but I guess I'll hafta check these 2 out.

Thanks for this info!
smile.gif

i'm dark skinned and i just use reegular brands that everyone uses

what makes my foundation look good is the fact that i blend it well (i use 3 diff foundations) and a good powder (its so underrated) most women with dark skin WON'T find their "perfect" shade since its more likely thee'yll be lighter or darker in some areas of the face so just get a foundation that's *1 shade lighter, *close to your complexion and *3 shades lighter(to cover-up facial discoloration)

invest in a good powder (black radiance is a good drugstore brand ) and a good primer (i love lorac n smashbox)

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif What do you think of the concealer?(If you've tried it)

i like it alot! yes, i use the level 5 and my only issue is that it's a bit oily. now, this is great for coverage because the creamy texture makes is blend easily, but as the day goes on it creates a bit of shine. no breakouts, though, so i just blot more often.

Originally Posted by enyadoresme /img/forum/go_quote.gif most women with dark skin WON'T find their "perfect" shade since its more likely thee'yll be lighter or darker in some areas of the face so just get a foundation that's *1 shade lighter, *close to your complexion and *3 shades lighter(to cover-up facial discoloration)invest in a good powder (black radiance is a good drugstore brand ) and a good primer (i love lorac n smashbox) great advice! this is exactly the reason why i go with a custom blend!

Originally Posted by redcreme /img/forum/go_quote.gif prescriptives and mac....hairbykaren, wats ur color in true match?...if u dnt mind my asking. i don't mind at all..i wear sable

I also use Loreal True Match. I guess it matches my skin pretty well because most people don't know I wear foundation.

I love Iman creme to powder foundation, Cover girl queen liquid foundation OR PRescriptives custom blend.

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard of Sacha cosmetics. i think they use this line for the miss universe contest.

I use MAC (NC45) but I also do a tinted mositurizer so I don't have that foundation look...

Cover girl queen collection, MAC studio fix, and Iman. I haven't tried Posner in a while, but it use to work well for me.

After years and years of trying every line to match my skin, Bobbi Brown has a stick foundation in a color called Warm Walnut that is my shade exactly. Mac had me looking "masky" so I had to move on from their foundation. My complexion is somewhere between Oprah and Patti Labelle.

Latest posts

Back