Best Foundation For African American Women

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've never tried bobbi brown but i think i might try it now that you suggest it sewamazing. thanks for the suggestion.

i have a friend that uses bobbi brown's entire line, including skin care products. i was quite impressed when she told me what she was using. it looked fantastic.

I mentioned that maybe its was bobbi brown's technique was flawed.

Because some of her makeup done on african american women was none to good.

do you guys use a sponge? foundation brush? or fingers to apply your foundation?

k..

so i tend to use MAC 109 for my liquid foundation.. but sometimes i like to blend even more with my finger(s)... that a no-no?

I'm gonna see if I could get a match from the L'oreal True match... I used the postcard thingie and it looks like I'm a sable...

I thought sable was a dark color, but oh well

Originally Posted by Nubia /img/forum/go_quote.gif k..
so i tend to use MAC 109 for my liquid foundation.. but sometimes i like to blend even more with my finger(s)... that a no-no?

No, its fine if you do it that way.

Kimora Lee Simmons has a makeup line. Have you looked into that? You can take a look on Baby Phat

IMAN - I like

Fashion Fair - ok

Flori Roberts - been too long since I tried it

I don't know what other brands are considered African American makeup, unless you want the drugstore brand Black Opal.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm gonna see if I could get a match from the L'oreal True match... I used the postcard thingie and it looks like I'm a sable...
I thought sable was a dark color, but oh well

i tried the true match in cappuccino. it started out really good, but once it dried it had this strange grey hue. very un-natural looking on me.

Originally Posted by Nubia /img/forum/go_quote.gif do you guys use a sponge? foundation brush? or fingers to apply your foundation? since i switched to the posner foundation stick i use my fingers in a tapping motion. i just apply the stick to the areas i want to cover and tap. i get a very natural looking finish.

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif i tried the true match in cappuccino. it started out really good, but once it dried it had this strange grey hue. very un-natural looking on me.

since i switched to the posner foundation stick i use my fingers in a tapping motion. i just apply the stick to the areas i want to cover and tap. i get a very natural looking finish.

Ugh Undertones....
eviltongue.gif
I was kinda wary on the cream and stick foundation.
stupido.gif

Yes Bobbi Brown has the BEST foundation ever, I use thei oil free foundation in Warm Walnut and it matches my skin to a T, it practically sinks into my skin and leaves a beautiful, natural finish. It has MAC studio fix beat by alot!

Hmmm... I'll hafta stop by Bobbi Brown sometime and get matched...

I tried the mineral lines and I don't really like them that much... I looked either ashy or plasticky... Either way it wasn't natural looking...

Yeah they're a little expensive, like $42 so just ask for a sample to try it out. The samples last a while too.

I loved my Bobbi Brown, but now its starting to look a bit weird. Urrgh i dunno whats wrong. Its the first Foundation i've ever used and i love it. I also LOVE Revlon Colourstay!

Laura Mercier has a small collection.

Now that I think about I don't think she has my color.

Maybe she updated.

Back