Best Foundation For African American Women

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's true Mercier doesn't have the largest deeper shade range out of the list I mentioned, but when I think of AA women, I have to also think about those on the lighter end of the spectrum as well. The other brands I mentioned have more of the deeper shades for sure.

My old foundations either made me look orange (even when they boasted of a yellow undertone) or washed out and ashy. I've recently switched to MUFE and like it so much I've stopped using the rest of my foundations. They have such a broad spectrum of color that any person of color WILL find a shade that matches their skintone PERFECTLY. Not only do they have a vast range of colors , but they go as far as targeting specific undertones that we women of color have (yellow, drk. yellow, beige, drk. beige, coral, olive, ect). Their HD Foundation and powder literally gives me a NO MAKEUP look, even without the HD primer.... so I can only imagine how flawless that would be! You can only get it at Sephora stores, but if you are in the NY area (which I sadly am not) I believe they have a Make Up Forever boutique (The only one in the US).

I used to use MAC's mineralize Satinfinish in NC42, HIP Flawless foundation in#808 (cafe'... yellow undertone), Mary Kay med cov. foundation in beige 402 and they have ALL been replaced by the MUFE HD Foundation/Powder

I hope this helps.

What foundation is the best for covering up small acne scars? My scars aren't that noticeable but I would look even better if you couldnt tell they were there at all. I want that flawless makeup look.

Originally Posted by Mena /img/forum/go_quote.gif What foundation is the best for covering up small acne scars? My scars aren't that noticeable but I would look even better if you couldnt tell they were there at all. I want that flawless makeup look. Personally, I've had the best luck with Revlon ColorStay foundation. I have extremely acneprone skin and I haven't had a problem with it. I have one new pimple but I don't know if its the makeup or not. Usually I break out pretty bad. As far as covering up acne scars, you're gonna wanna use a concealer. I prefer MAC, hands down.

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Revlon? That's the first time I heard it has foundation. Oh heck yeah!!!! It's only $10 at Walmart or Target. I highly recommend it. Everyone talks about here on MUT!

I like to put my vote for Prescriptive. True if you opt for the Custom Blend, it does get pricey but IMO it is worth it.

Originally Posted by ohsoglam /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh heck yeah!!!! It's only $10 at Walmart or Target. I highly recommend it. Everyone talks about here on MUT!
For some reason when I think of Revlon having foundation it reminds me of maxx factor foundation which has no color range whatsoever.
eusa_wall.gif

Girl, where are you?!?!?!?!

Revlon colorstay is the HG of so many women, lol! I liked their old formula, and I haven't tried the new one yet. There's one of them that break ppl out now tho, not sure if it's the oily or normal skin formula. But it's worth a try and you could always return it to Walmart.

I'm on to Black Opal Hazelnut and Pur minerals Deeper foundations now.

I bought the MUFE HD 178 and I fell in love. No more Bobbi Brown. I wear a Warm Walnut from Bobbi Brown and it always looks orangy...so no more.

I have been using MAC studio fix (NC42). I want to find something thats a little less pricey and more natural looking..

Back