Best Foundation For African American Women

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What brands of foundation offer African American women flawless coverage and enough different shades for all of our numerous complexions?

laughing.gif

Prescriptives makes great foundations for a variety of skintones. They also custom blend for a perfect match. I really like their Flawless Skin formula. MAC also makes a HUGE variety of colors and finishes for every skintone.

Astarte Cosmetics makes excellent makeup for Women of Color. My complexion range in similar to that between Gabrielle Union and Missy Elliot. This line was especially designed for and by women of color.

ASTARTE

Another great line of foundation for women is Milan Minerals Makeup. Minerals are light in weight. This line is owned by an African American woman

Welcome

Originally Posted by L281173 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Astarte Cosmetics makes excellent makeup for Women of Color. My complexion range in similar to that between Gabrielle Union and Missy Elliot. This line was especially designed for and by women of color.
ASTARTE

Another great line of foundation for women is Milan Minerals Makeup. Minerals are light in weight. This line is owned by an African American woman

Welcome

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Astarte foundation. This is my favorite Brand!!

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif What brands of foundation offer African American women flawless coverage and enough different shades for all of our numerous complexions?

laughing.gif

Without a doubt Astarte Cosmetics?

I have always used MAC foundation and concealer, I think they have great shades. But if you want something customized to your unique skin tone, I wuld think Perscriptives would be the way to go. I am a light-skinned African American, by the way
smile.gif

i'm a perscriptives custom blend fan. takes all the guess work out of matching. i also love posner corrective cover creme.

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard that prescriptives is good.Very pricey though....

i just had my foundation mixed and it cost me $62, but i have enough makeup to last 4 to 6 months depending on how it use it. i tried to go with other brands, they just don't work as well for me. i should also add that it matches my complexion exactly, they added an oil control additive, and it doesn't break me out. well worth the expense in my opinion.

I have tried many - MAC, Clinique, the list goes on! I always find my way back the Prescriptives counter.

i love l'oreal true match...it doesn't have the "i have on foundation look" and i found a dead match for my skintone..i'm milk chocolate complexed...

Latest posts

Back