Best foundation for oily, breakout prone skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in need of a new foundation bad, I keep trying the mineral makeups and I'm just so oily so I was thinking of either a liquid or a powder foundation. I'm in a humid climate so I need something that stays put and doesn't emphasize pores. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I just got a sample Of Lancomes Color ID and thought I'd start here and hopefully get some good recs on here.

Clinique Superbalanced Makeup. I'm oily and acne prone, too, and this is by far the best foundation that I've had that actually does help to control oil.

I've been using Makeup Forever's duo mat powder foundation which is really good for people who tend to have oily skin. It doesn't make you break out and it's a matte finish to control shine. I just recently tried Smashbox High Definition liquid foundation and it's oil free. Very lightweight, has SPF, nutrients and vitamins infused, and it hasn't made me break out yet. You should try it out, and see how it goes. The staying power is alright. I usually would use Makeup Forever's mist and fix spray or MAC Fix + to make the foundation set and last all day.

So far my best liquid foundation yet is DiorSkin Forever liquid foundation. It's like a 2nd skin, very blendable and lighweight, goes on smooth, and lasts all day (since it's waterproof) I don't think it's oil-free but I tend to have oily/combo skin and so far I have not broken out yet. It's the best thing since sliced bread! (almost) lol
lol.gif

Check out the Diorskin Forever thread and read the raves. HTH
smile.gif

Has any one tried Prescriptives or Bobbi Brown or Lancome Teint Idole?

Originally Posted by amynyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has any one tried Prescriptives or Bobbi Brown or Lancome Teint Idole? i love my prescriptives custom blend makeup. i've been using it for several years now and, although i've tried (it's pretty pricey), i haven't found anything to works better. they add and oil control lotion to my formula so it helps keep the oil at bay for most of the day (i may have to blot a couple times per day). i also like mineralogie matte gel base foundation. it's a liquid mineral makeup that is the best mineral mu i've tried so far! pm me if you need more info!

Nixie and MakeUp For Ever's Concealers on a daily basis rather than foundation. Foundations tend to be quite heavy on the skin. Also, try using a primer that may help your skin

bareMinerals. This stuff is AMAZING. It's soooo light, stays put ALL day, and goes on evenly and smoothly. It doesn't even look like you're wearing makeup. And it's good for all skin types.

Originally Posted by bellagia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nixie and MakeUp For Ever's Concealers on a daily basis rather than foundation. Foundations tend to be quite heavy on the skin. Also, try using a primer that may help your skin have you tried the nixie foundation and any other products from them, im very curious about their foundation line

Try using apple cider vinegar as a toner, after you wash your face. This really did the trick for me. I used it straight, but it stings a little, so you may want to dilute it with water. Then apply a oily formula

liquid to powder foundation. You should also try some mattifier samples to control the oil..

Latest posts

Back