Best Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what would be a good foundation for someone who doesn't normally wear makeup. something lightweight that doesn't look like caked on makeup. also, something affordable. thanks!

i think i probably posted this in the wrong forum. sorry i'm new at this.
sheep.gif

I always prefer liquid foundation for my dry skin. Giorgio Armani 'Face Fabric is one of the lightness foundation cream try it.

Originally Posted by likenothing /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what would be a good foundation for someone who doesn't normally wear makeup. something lightweight that doesn't look like caked on makeup. also, something affordable. thanks!
There are a hundred brands out there that have what you're looking for, it's just a matter of finding out which one is right for you and how it feels on you. To narrow down your search a bit, I suggest going to a department store's cosmetic department and browse through the brands and maybe book a consult, you'll find what you're looking for.

I really like hello flawless oxygen wow from benefit as a liquid foundation and as a powder bare minerals foundation. If you are not someone who likes to wear foundation or much makeup at all, I would suggest a tinted moisturizer. It wont give you much coverage, but it wont feel cakey.

Actually, the cakey thing is when people over apply their makeup. I would suggest the hello flawless for you because its really lightweight, but then again its a preference thing. I would suggest going to somewhere like sephora to help you find one. but if you are looking for a little coverage, go with a tinted moisturizer or a bb cream.

I use a TM and a mineral powder. My TM is MAC Studio Moisture Tint and the mineral powder I use is by ELF. You can always spray your makeup with something like MAC Fix+ so that it won't be cakey.

I'd try a BB cream.  They give sheer coverage and provide benefits like sunscreen and anti-aging properties so you will get into the routine of putting it on in the morning and also get the benefit of skin that looks like yours but just a little bit better.  They usually blend in to a variety of shades of skin and you can buy them at the drugstore for not too much money.  Way before the BB cream talk, I always used a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20, anti-aging retinols and a slight tint from Neutrogena.  I still use it in rotation with my other foundations, I like to play around with different formulas.  Here's the info on the Neutrogena one, it's called Healthy Skin Enhancer, I buy it at Target and it's $10.49 and you can find it on sale or get a coupon for it occasionally too.

Healthy Skin Enhancer is an alternative to foundation that provides everything you need for softer, healthier and younger-looking skin in one beautiful step.This dermatologist-developed formula contains a vitamin-rich Retinol treatment to visibly smooth fine lines and reduce signs of aging. It nourishes skin and protects against future sun damage with a weightless SPF 20 moisturizer. Each skin-enhancing shade provides a sheer tint of color for a more even, naturally beautiful look.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back