Best Hair Dryer for Babyfine Blonde Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have to blow dry my hair cause I am growing it out and having babyfine hair I got to add body to it! I use Catwalk to add fullness but it takes FOREVER to dry it!!

But I don't want to spend 100's of dollars for one. I want to best I can get for under $50.00 The one I have now I have forever and its over 15 years old. Any good ideas?
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by OverallBeauty I have to blow dry my hair cause I am growing it out and having babyfine hair I got to add body to it! I use Catwalk to add fullness but it takes FOREVER to dry it!!
But I don't want to spend 100's of dollars for one. I want to best I can get for under $50.00 The one I have now I have forever and its over 15 years old. Any good ideas?
icon_cool.gif

I love the one I have... it's from Vidal Sassoon - It came with a brush and also a flat iron... It's a ceramic ionic dryer... silver & pink & says "Ionizer" on it. I got it at Ulta for like $25. You can smell the 'ions' and it works great! The flat iron might not be the best (haven't used it, but it's just a regular one w/ the 2 large plates.. nothing fancy, but it's free!) Make sure it has that and the brush w/ it, so you know its the same one I'm talking about. 3 Heat settings, cool shot and 2 speeds (1875 watts)& detachable round ceramic diffuser. A few of my friends use them at their salons - they are really good !! A good comparison to a more expensive dryer...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

(ok.. it's actually on sale at Ulta now for $19.99 - & you can buy online if you like it & don't have a store nearby... )

2092886.jpg

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I love the one I have... it's from Vidal Sassoon - It came with a brush and also a flat iron... It's a ceramic ionic dryer... silver & pink & says "Ionizer" on it. I got it at Ulta for like $25. You can smell the 'ions' and it works great! The flat iron might not be the best (haven't used it, but it's just a regular one w/ the 2 large plates.. nothing fancy, but it's free!) Make sure it has that and the brush w/ it, so you know its the same one I'm talking about. 3 Heat settings, cool shot and 2 speeds (1875 watts)& detachable round ceramic diffuser. A few of my friends use them at their salons - they are really good !! A good comparison to a more expensive dryer...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

(ok.. it's actually on sale at Ulta now for $19.99 - & you can buy online if you like it & don't have a store nearby... )

2092886.jpg

Now this is the best idea I have ever seen! Thanks for sharing this with me! I even have that 20% off any one item for Ulta still, been sitting on the coupon till I have a good idea and a money..Now I know this might be a silly question, but what is a flat iron for? I have never used one so I have no idea what its for , what it does, how to use it..geees I think I need I might have no idea...LOL
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by OverallBeauty Now this is the best idea I have ever seen! Thanks for sharing this with me! I even have that 20% off any one item for Ulta still, been sitting on the coupon till I have a good idea and a money..Now I know this might be a silly question, but what is a flat iron for? I have never used one so I have no idea what its for , what it does, how to use it..geees I think I need I might have no idea...LOL
biggrin.gif
Honestly, you're probably better off without the iron! They are SOOO drying on hair. And actually, I've never used it... the dryer & a round ceramic brush are all you really need!
wink.gif
But the iron is to straighten hair (to PIN straight) you run it from root to end on dry hair and it flattens it out. If you already have fine hair... you probably already have smooth hair - so I really wouldn't recommend it. But that's pretty much what it does. It's kinda like using a regular clothing iron on your hair, only more portable!
icon_confused.gif
They have ceramic ones, and one that are "gentle"... but they are all damaging. I would get a good brush and switch on the ion setting on the dryer, and you'll be fine.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back