Best highlighters?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what the difference is in color for benefit high beam and nars Copacabana illuminator?

and the highlighters I have are:

jemma kidd is the best cream highlight ive ever used. simply perfect

i had the urban decay one and quickly returned it after seeing how fast it wore off and that it leaves glitter on your face after its gone (which looks cheap looking)

i have very oily skin btw

mary lou i like when im more pale

albatross is nice all year round but sometimes can look a little yellow

amber diamond from dior is gorgeous

nars copacabana is so nice for nighttime all year round. leaves a sexy glow

Originally Posted by Esther Eddi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

and the highlighters I have are:

jemma kidd is the best cream highlight ive ever used. simply perfect

i had the urban decay one and quickly returned it after seeing how fast it wore off and that it leaves glitter on your face after its gone (which looks cheap looking)

i have very oily skin btw

mary lou i like when im more pale

albatross is nice all year round but sometimes can look a little yellow

amber diamond from dior is gorgeous

nars copacabana is so nice for nighttime all year round. leaves a sexy glow
I have the Amber Diamond too and it's so gorgeous, I love it but at the same it's so pretty I hate using it lol.

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ok, dumb question. Where does one PUT highligher? How do I use it?
Anywhere you want to draw light.....remember, highlights bring forward and dark tones recede...

I have the marylou that I got for half price on hautelook, which I love.  But another great one that I probably use more often is the Baked Highlighter duo by Laura Geller. The portfino is similiar to marylou but maybe a little more peachy and the baked vanilla is a matte highlighter which is nice helping contouring  places that you may not want to appear shiny or for occasions when you don't want a shimmery look.

Benefit has Moon Beam on sale for $16.99 with free shipping on their website.  (Free shipping code is SALETIME)

My favorite is definitely No7 highlights illuminating lotion from target! It's like 13 dollars for a HUGE bottle, and a dupe for benefit's highbeam. I think it might even be better than benefit....and it's half the price. 

I use Hard Candy's So Baked Bronzer in Tiki. It's a gorgeous goldie color and I use it to highlight my browbones and cheek bones. I got it at Walmart for 8 bucks I think. I bought NARS' Machu Pichu to use as a highlighter but it has too much glittery sparkle to it. I have some of the cream highlighters from ELF but now I'm dying to try the powder one everyone has been talking about on here.

I love ELF's All Over Cover Stick in Spotlight, and ELF's Gotta Glow blush. A matte highlighter that I use in the tear ducts and on the brow bone is Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadow in Bone.

I love Benefit Watt's Up! It has a nice, light shimmer. I'm not a fan of the sponge but the product is really easy to apply sans sponge so it works out fine. The consistency is amazing. Highly recommended.

I love high beam too - it actually works awesome if you blend with some moisturizer for illuminating your shoulders and collarbone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I gotta try the elf one, their stuff is always good and inexpensive. I've also really liked Paula Dorf's highlighting stick - its great for under the eyebrows and even as a creamy shadow sometimes.  

Still looking for a good bronzing highlighter that doesn't smell or rub off on everything!

Has anyone used Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl? I have it, but it doesn't seem to do very much. I don't know if I'm just not applying enough or something. The other highlighters I have tend to show up much better. I use TheBalm's Mary-Loumanizer on the inner corners of my eyes. I used to use white eyeliner there, but the Mary-Loumanizer looks more natural & does a great job.

The Body Shop's Radiant Highlighter is a great dupe for Benefit's High Beam, and it comes in a tube (with like 2x more product for 1/2 the price). I still prefer powder highlighters though, nothing beats Mary-Lou Manizer imo :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've only recently included highlighter in my makeup routine, but I'm in LOVE with high beam.  I have more pink undertones, and it works perfectly on my skin.  A little goes a long way, so I'm thinking the bottle will last me for quite a while.  I also bought the Lorac TANtalizer Highlighter and Matte Bronzer Duo, and am not a fan of the highlighter.  I swipe it on a few times, and hardly notice anything on my skin.  The bronzer on the other hand I use to contour, and I think it works fabulously!

I'm looking for a new highlighter. I was wondering which one you guys love the most! It can be drugstore or high end :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm looking for a new highlighter. I was wondering which one you guys love the most! It can be drugstore or high end :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You have to give the Mary Lou Manizer by theBalm a try!!! It is not only a very silky smooth, finely milled powder, but it also provides you with one of the softest glowing highlights you will find on the market. I've tried a million different highlighters (high end and drug store brands) and just keep reaching for this one. It moisturized your skin and feels like butter going on. You won't even know you're wearing it! Give it a shot- you won't be disappointed!!

Mac lightscapade n extra dimension skinfinish in superb and whisper of gilt

Back