Best highlighters?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone used Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl? I have it, but it doesn't seem to do very much. I don't know if I'm just not applying enough or something. The other highlighters I have tend to show up much better.

I use TheBalm's Mary-Loumanizer on the inner corners of my eyes. I used to use white eyeliner there, but the Mary-Loumanizer looks more natural & does a great job.
I got a deluxe sample of it and I have the same issue.  I contacted @benefitbeauty on twitter and they told me to mix it in with my foundation for an overall glow.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a deluxe sample of it and I have the same issue.  I contacted @benefitbeauty on twitter and they told me to mix it in with my foundation for an overall glow.
Thank you!  I'll give that a try.  
smile.gif
  I like it more than Watt's Up (it's a little too flashy for me).  I have also been liking (and using) High Beam and the Stila luminizer I got in one of my Birchbox boxes a few months ago.

What brush do you girls use to apply the MaryLou?  I feel like it's way too obvious when I use mine...

I bought a sample of RMS Living Luminizer from Spirit Beauty (9 or 10 samples for $25) and I love it! I am saving my birchbox points to get it.

What brush do you girls use to apply the MaryLou?  I feel like it's way too obvious when I use mine...
Try tapping off the excess powder or swirling through some loose powder first, so it isn't as bold. I usually use a small fluffy brush and apply it to areas I want featured.

I use a fan brush to highlight my cheeks, but I tap off the excess powder.

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Benefit's Eye Bright on Wednesday and really like it.  It's a nice, soft, non-shimmery, easy to blend highlighter.  I applied it on the inner corners of my eyes, lower waterline, and on my brow bone.  It looked nice and natural and stayed on all day. 

I use a small stippling brush with mine. I just touch the product very lightly (half a swirl), tap off the excess, and gently tap my cheeks, etc. with the brush. That's the great thing about Mary Lou-a tiny little dab will definitely do the trick. I love that girl!!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back