best makeup tips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masque

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What's been the best makeup advice you've ever read/received?

I stumbled in an online makeup shop a few days ago, it has several articles that offer some makeup advices, which I think is quite practical. You can check it out here: Beauty Secrets for Makeup and Skincare | Angel Epoch

The best makeup advice I've ever got was that I should definitely wear makeup to match my eye shape. Btw girls, you can check to make up videos of celebrities in Vogue and also, Jean Watts on Youtube.

This industry article sums it up to a T.

BIPOC actors share industry wide make-up grievances

So big make-up tip…

Make sure you know your darker skin tones, their ranges, and correctors when working on Black, Indigenous and people of colour! Including covering up tattoos on darker skin tones. Most MuA’s have no clue!

Once you get it wrong, and the actor critiques themselves in the mirror… There really is no way of coming back from that.

Last edited:

From a recent discussion I had with a Hair stylist on a film I am working on. (regarding our work in the H/MU Departments in the film and television industry...)

You can't teach experience.

We both laughed. But it is the best advice we've both heard in a long time.

No matter what kind of makeup you choose to wear during the day, it's crucial to remember who will always be looking back at you in the mirror after you remove your makeup. It's always better to display your actual self, even though we use cosmetics to meet our standards of beauty.

No matter what kind of makeup you choose to wear during the day, it's crucial to remember who will always be looking back at you in the mirror after you remove your makeup. It's always better to display your actual self, even though we use cosmetics to meet our standards of beauty.
Makeup is to enhance what we have, isn't it?

Makeup is to enhance what we have, isn't it?
This is the best advice - discover what we have!
I absolutely believe that there is no such thing as a "appearance flaw." For me, a makeup artist, at least.
There are several features worth concentrating on. There are some traits that warrant attention-diversion at the expense of other ones. There are advantages.
Because of this, the right faces are, in a sense, the most uninteresting. Thankfully, nature almost does not produce them.☺

To never be nervous about using bold colours on your eyes. Do not be shy to use bright colours mixed with neutrals, this look not only wakes up the eyes but definitely gives you a base to start from. I always use oranges, reds mixed in with golds on my eyes and I love it.

The best makeup advice I've come across is to focus on enhancing natural features rather than trying to completely alter one's appearance. This advice encourages individuals to embrace their unique beauty, emphasizing subtle enhancements that highlight their best attributes. By prioritizing a skincare routine, blending makeup seamlessly, choosing the right foundation shade, and investing in quality tools, one can achieve a polished and natural look that accentuates their innate beauty. Additionally, the tip to play up one feature at a time allows for a balanced and striking overall appearance.

The best makeup advice I've come across is to focus on enhancing natural features rather than trying to completely alter one's appearance. This advice encourages individuals to embrace their unique beauty, emphasizing subtle enhancements that highlight their best attributes. By prioritizing a skincare routine, blending makeup seamlessly, choosing the right foundation shade, and investing in quality tools, one can achieve a polished and natural look that accentuates their innate beauty. Additionally, the tip to play up one feature at a time allows for a balanced and striking overall appearance.
Certainly! Here's a response for the beauty forum question:

"The best makeup advice I've ever received is to prioritize skincare before applying any makeup. A flawless makeup application starts with a healthy and well-prepped canvas. Investing time in a solid skincare routine not only enhances the natural beauty of your skin but also ensures that makeup goes on more smoothly and lasts longer.

Another valuable tip I've learned is the importance of blending. Whether it's foundation, eyeshadow, or blush, proper blending is key to achieving a seamless and natural look. It's amazing how the right blending techniques can elevate your makeup game and make it look professionally done.

Lastly, I've embraced the idea that makeup is a form of self-expression and creativity. There are no strict rules, and it's okay to experiment with different colors, styles, and techniques. The more I've allowed myself to have fun and play with makeup, the more I've discovered what works best for me and enhances my unique features.

In essence, combining good skincare, effective blending, and a touch of creative experimentation has truly transformed my approach to makeup, making it an enjoyable and empowering part of my daily routine."

To never be nervous about using bold colours on your eyes. Do not be shy to use bright colours mixed with neutrals, this look not only wakes up the eyes but definitely gives you a base to start from. I always use oranges, reds mixed in with golds on my eyes and I love it.
The most invaluable makeup advice I've ever received is undoubtedly centered around the importance of understanding and embracing my own features. It's not just about following trends or copying looks; it's about recognizing and enhancing what makes me unique.

One crucial aspect of this advice is mastering the art of color matching. Rather than blindly following the latest trends, I learned to choose makeup shades that complement my skin tone, eye color, and facial undertones. This not only ensures a more harmonious and natural look but also boosts my confidence by accentuating my individual beauty.

Moreover, the advice to invest in quality tools and products has been a game-changer. Good brushes and high-quality makeup not only make the application process smoother but also contribute to a more polished and professional finish. It's not about having an extensive collection but rather about having the right tools that work for me.

Lastly, the concept of less is more has been transformative. Understanding that a subtle touch can often be more impactful than heavy application has refined my approach to makeup. It's about enhancing, not masking, and allowing my natural beauty to shine through.

In essence, the best makeup advice I've ever received revolves around self-discovery, embracing individuality, investing wisely in products, and mastering the art of subtlety. This advice has not only elevated my makeup skills but has also fostered a positive relationship with beauty as a form of self-expression.

Back