Best mascara/eyeliner for SENSITIVE eyes?!?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

makeupbyomar

Professional Make-up Artist
Staff member
Reaction score
False eyelashes would be a good choice for special occasions for defined eyes but it is not recommended for a regular use as it could also irritate the eyes.

I disagree with the second part of your comment. I've used false lashes on actors for weeks and months at a time and their lashes and eyes are totally fine. The odd exception is when using individual lashes, when they sometimes unattach slightly and get in their eye.

As for mascaras for sensitive eyes, surprisingly Maybelline, CoverGirl, and Revlon mascaras all work great, As well as mascaras from Lancome, Dior, and Clinique.

Reaction score
Hypoallergenic mascara has the advantage of lowering the risk of allergies. Because the eyelids' thin skin is such a sensitive region, you see a lot of allergic responses there. If you ever apply the eyeliner and mascara on your eyes then always try to use natural products.

Reaction score
I disagree with the second part of your comment. I've used false lashes on actors for weeks and months at a time and their lashes and eyes are totally fine. The odd exception is when using individual lashes, when they sometimes unattach slightly and get in their eye.
Please know that what works for you may not work for me, false eye lashes really did irritate my eyes, so still, it's a no for me.

makeupbyomar

Professional Make-up Artist
Staff member
Reaction score
Please know that what works for you may not work for me, false eye lashes really did irritate my eyes, so still, it's a no for me.

True that. There are eyelash adhesives out there that can cause eye irritation, more so than the lashes themselves.

Reaction score
I have SUPER sensitive eyes!

I've been trying to find a product thats gentle but stays on!

I get occassional stys and I havent found any products that work with me:(

What is the best mascara AND eyeliner to use in my case!??!

Any feedback would be Amazinggg!

-Kassie<3
Sorry, everyone. My first few posts are things I'm currently obsessing about and they happen to be more cosmetic because I have always LOVED makeup, although I've never worn a lot of it and the thought of going through life with naked eyes makes me really depressed. I'm fine with not wearing mascara every day, but I'd like to wear it to work, if possible. I searched these forums and was excited to find a product that seemed to get a lot of praise here, Avon's wash-off waterproof mascara -- come to find out, however, they've discontinued it. Does anybody have any mascara success stories? Also, has anyone tried Blinc? I've heard a lot of great things about it. It's that mascara that supposedly forms tubes. I guess you can get it at Sephora. Lastly, any thoughts on the reg. mascara vs. waterproof? Some dry eye/MGD suffers recommend waterproofing while others say not. Thoughts

Latest posts