Best mascara/eyeliner for SENSITIVE eyes?!?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by kaybee01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still looking for eyeliner and mascara for my very sensitive eyes that are allergic to any eyeliner I have used.  Eyeliner seems to cause problems with my eyelashes.  Anybody have any new suggestions?
Have you tried anything thats organic/all-natural? It may be chemicals in certain products that are causing the reactions. You should also be looking for something that's hypo-allergenic, and something that is super smudge proof so it's less likely to run down into your eyes. Vapour Organics makes a really good eyeliner pencil, great pigment and smooth application. blinc's liners are also great, those puppies won't budge once you put them on. They have liquid and now pencils available. blinc's mascara is also great, and again, that stuff won't budge when you put it on, and it's super waterproof, cry-proof, nap-proof.....it holds up for sure, which means its less likely to run into your eyes at some point while wearing it. With eyeliners, try to avoid putting it on your waterline until you find one that doesn't irritate your eyes at all. 

I have allergic conjunctivitis so constantly an issue. I use Tarte lights, camera & Korres liner that I don't think they make anymore, a pencil. I'm allergic to all the waterproof gels,etc.

And I'm leery of organic as I'm afraid they don't have the chemicals to keep it bacteria free. Not sure on it but I do buy organic skin care.

I have sensitive skin as well.

Tarte, Urban Decay and Too Faced don't make me have a reaction. I've used a lot of their products. 

I've only had one allergic reaction to Physcians Formula mascara, and it was the mascara mentioned here as someone above mentioned http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/02/review-physicians-formula-organic-wear.html My eyes itched whenever I used it. I've tried the one that has a leaf top only, and I had no reaction to it and liked it. I haven't used the pink bottle that they make yet. I haven't had a reaction to any other of their products.

Eco Bella is another great brand. They try to use limited ingredients in their products. 

Maybellines products give me reactions whether it's lip or eye products. I've switched to cruelty free makeup since then, and to me it seems that I'm having less reaction to makeup. Maybe the giant corporations that sell world wide are willing to use more questionable ingredients. 

I have been using Almay lately. I have severe problems with eye makeup allergies developing. My eyes water and burn, then the mascara ends up on my face in stead of my eyelashes, In a short amount of time! It works OK. I LOVE other mascaras more with their length, volume, and separation and everything else! I don't even wear mascara lot of the times now and I think people are just about used to me, no matter how bad I look! LOL

Clinique was my brand for nearly 30 years, then they changed the formula on most products I use.  Now I can't use Clinique because they don't have as good of quality in there products as before.

I don't know how much you're willing to spend on mascara, but in my case, I use Blinc's mascara. I don't really have sensitive eyes, but I have really sensitive skin. What attracted me to Blinc was that it won the 2008 Best of Sephora award, and that its ingredients are supposed to be non-irritating. I didn't want any problems when I put on mascara because I have enough with going through different foundations haha. I know it's a lot to pay for mascara, but this stuff literally stays on all day long :)

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P46017
nice sharing!!

I don't really have sensitive eyes, but I have really sensitive skin.
check out the list of some Best Liquid Eyeliners

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how much you're willing to spend on mascara, but in my case, I use Blinc's mascara. I don't really have sensitive eyes, but I have really sensitive skin. What attracted me to Blinc was that it won the 2008 Best of Sephora award, and that its ingredients are supposed to be non-irritating. I didn't want any problems when I put on mascara because I have enough with going through different foundations haha. I know it's a lot to pay for mascara, but this stuff literally stays on all day long :)

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P46017
Thank you, I will try :)

As for eyeliner, are you talking liquid or pencil? or both?
icon_smile.gif
Both :)

Thank you, I will try :)
OHHHHHHH, luckyyy youuu Janet! I have sensitive, eyes, face, skin - like everything!! I usually use this: "https://virginic.com/collections/cleansers/products/sweet-almond-cleanser-2-phase-makeup-remover" to get rid of my makeup, especially after a long day and after I apply mascara. Definitely does the job and worth the look at as I feel less guilty buying products that are tested on animals etc, plus its a bonus that it's 100% natural and vegan!!! Can you already tell that I am in love with virginic products ???? LOL 

Here are the mascaras I’ve used that cause irritation -

L’Oreal Lash Paradise

L’Oreal Telescopic

L’Oreal Voluminous

L’Oreal Miss Manga

Covergirl Clump Crusher

I’ve tried a couple Physician’s Formula mascaras and the Clinique High Impact that are supposed to be good for sensitive eyes, and I noticed that they didn’t cause any reactions which is awesome. However, I notice they smudge easily and don’t give a ton of length/volume or drama!

I’d love a mascara with a comb like the Telescopic, but I’m down to try anything 

Eye liner can be applied above the upper lashes, below the lower lashes, or both, as well as along the waterlines of the eyes. Its main function is to make the lashes seem thicker, but it also draws attention to the eye and can modify the contour of the eye.

Latest posts

Back