Best microdermabrasion cream/kit for oily skin!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a microdermabration cream or kit, preferably from a drugstore brand, for oily/acne prone skin with lots of blackheads and huge pores.

Any recs?

I have used the Neutrogena microderm kit, and it never caused any breakouts for me, and I am acne prone.

If you decide to go cheap--buy a box of baking soda, and wash your face with that a couple of times a week. It exfoliates really well. Between that and apple cider vinegar as toner, I saved my skin..

Baking soda is too mild as an exfoliator for me. I really like to scrub my face hard because my skin is not sensitive and it really improves the texture of my skin.

I didn´t like the L´Oreal kit (not enough scrubbing grains)

MAC microfine refinisher is good stuff!

Mary Kay´s microdermabrasion is the the best though, but MAC comes right in 2nd place!

I've used the Olay Microderm Kit and loved it- worked really well and it lasts forever cause you just need a little bit

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Baking soda is too mild as an exfoliator for me. I really like to scrub my face hard because my skin is not sensitive and it really improves the texture of my skin. Andi, you may be a good candidate for a professional microdermabrasion job. I have tough skin (oily skin is thicker and greasy) and initially I was using too much baking soda and got some scabs that took several days to soften and peel. I talked to the dermatologist, and he suggested that is what a pro microderm process does. So now I use a little of the baking soda regularly and it does a good job. It took me years to find what works for my skin. P.S. The Mary Kay people here hate me!!

derma e makes a pretty good microdermabrasion scrub. personally, i like the dermalogica daily microfoliant.

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif Andi, you may be a good candidate for a professional microdermabrasion job. I have tough skin (oily skin is thicker and greasy) and initially I was using too much baking soda and got some scabs that took several days to soften and peel. I talked to the dermatologist, and he suggested that is what a pro microderm process does. So now I use a little of the baking soda regularly and it does a good job. It took me years to find what works for my skin. P.S. The Mary Kay people here hate me!! I`ve been thinking about getting microdermabrasion done professionally. Still wondering if I should spend so much money on it though

Does scrubbing your face hard with baking soda or other

abrasives damage your skin and create more wrinkles?

Hello first post on here -

I have oily skin too, and have used EpidermxII (cream based, doesn't leave oily residue) but it isn't aggresive enough for problem areas. I also bought a 1lb pure microdermabrasion crystal package and mix in either aloe vera or water for a very thorough exfoliation.

I have also tried baking soda, but since it is a high pH it caused a lot of irritation on my skin, the texture itself is good but again not grainy enough to remove any dead skin.

I also use a microderm cloth for mild daily exfoliation.

HTH

Mary kay timewise, I used it one time and my skin was so much smoother and glowy.

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've used the Olay Microderm Kit and loved it- worked really well and it lasts forever cause you just need a little bit Oohh, agreed!!! I LOOOOVE the Olay kit. You'll be amazed at how satiny smooth your skin feels when you're done.

Originally Posted by Dena M /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does scrubbing your face hard with baking soda or other abrasives damage your skin and create more wrinkles?

You can expect removal of some uneven skin colors, superficial hyper pigmentation, dead skin cells, superficial stretch marks and fine facial lines. Also expect softening of acne scars that are saucer type and opening of blackheads. This procedure will not make any change to skin damage that is deep (baking soda)

Latest posts

Back