Best MMU for dry skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have dry skin and used to use cream or liquid foundation before. I like MMU , but most of them do not stay long, because my skin is to dry.

So far I tried Meow, Lotus minerals and Elegant minerals.

I didn't like Meow a bit as offered no coverage for foundation, and the eyeshadow colors were also not as I expected.

I like the feel and the coverage of the Lotus and the Elegant minerals, but they do not last very long.

I tried them applying wet , which was better , but still not as long lasting as I used to with regular makeup.

Also the lotus foundation seems repel water, so it is really a battle to mix it.

I read the liquid MMu threads but there are no selection. Using the petroleum jelly base for MMu just does not make any sense.

Any brand suggestion for dry skin? Or maybe a special technique?

I am waiting for samples from oceanmist, everyday minerals and signature minerals, but I want to try more.

I do not want anything with bismuth or talc( I know ocenmist has talc, I read it later) .

Thanks for the advice!

Maybe try every day minerals in original glo.

Also make sure you use thin layers and build up to the coverage you want. I have fairly dry skin, and that was the mistake I made.

I am waiting for my everyday mineral samples . I hope I get them soon.

As far the coverage goes , I think Meow has no coverage with 1-2 layers. I do not like to put 3 or more layers, because it start to show up.

The other 2 brand I tried I was satisfied with the coverage but did not last.

Hi, for me, I have very sensitive skin with their problemes (dry, red, etc)

I love "pampered puss" MeowCosmetics, I mix with "undereye concelear" or/and "flawless puss" for more coverage.

What is your care routine for skin ? Me, I made my own organic make-up remover (with no perfume, no alcool, etc), I have a organic cream "Mosqueta's Gold sensity" (with no perfume, no alccol). I have a organic advocat oil for night etc

And my skin is better with this good daily care skin.

I recommand to you the brand "Audrey's organic".

Originally Posted by Ju000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi, for me, I have very sensitive skin with their problemes (dry, red, etc)I love "pampered puss" MeowCosmetics, I mix with "undereye concelear" or/and "flawless puss" for more coverage.

What is your care routine for skin ? Me, I made my own organic make-up remover (with no perfume, no alcool, etc), I have a organic cream "Mosqueta's Gold sensity" (with no perfume, no alccol). I have a organic advocat oil for night etc

And my skin is better with this good daily care skin.

I recommand to you the brand "Audrey's organic".

I 'll check out this Audrey stuff. With Meo I gave up, I ordered over a dozen sample have at least one from each line , none of them was anything close that I would like to wear. I live in Alberta, Canada and the weather crazy here. Dry and windy, and changing frequently. The tempreture change as quickly as 15-20 C in a few hours. Also having a 2-3 winter months when the tempereture is below -30 C constantly very damaging on your skin.

As a result i have rosacea around my nose .and I have a huge eczema patch around my eye. So I need good coverage, but I do not like to look like wearing a mask.

As a skin care , I tried many product , but I do not really see much difference. I use an alcohol-free toner (shoothys is the favorite) and anti-aging day cream (usually olay).

I never tried organic stuff before , maybe I should.

Or maybe I should move, that would solve it
smile.gif

Hi, sorry for my english ^^

Yep, the weather doesn't help you ! Do you wear suncream ? Maybe it's help.

I have a disease, a LED, so my skin is hard too. Really, the organics brands save my skin, but I do need some tests for find the good one.

I don't use alcohol or perfume in my products.

Sometimes, before foundation, I put a organic concelear (Logona), that's help to hide my redness.

I don't know the organics americains brands (except aubrey's organics). But we find a issue !

I don't made a peel (never) or use a acne-cream, I don't put water on my face.

For make-up remover : very simple and very cheap :

I make a "liniment oléocalcaire", for 100ml :

-40ml d'eau de chaux (in pharmacy)

-60 ml d'huile d'olive biologique, première pression (olive'oils organics) find in foodstore

-some drop of de l'huile biologique de nigelle

You put in the clean glass bottle and you sake it. Sake it before every utilisation

Attention : l'eau de chaux (alone) is a acide, don't never put it alone, mix it with a oil (absolutely) and it's make a wonderful cream, make-up remover, anti-scar and calming. Put the l'eau de chaux out of reach children !!!

In Germany, the women use the "liniment oléocalcaire" for to clean and calm the buttocks of the babies and for themselves, like a face/body cream or a make-up remover.

Some of them add essentuals oils (huiles essentielles), but not me. For oils, you put your favorite organics oils, every organics oils are good for the recipe (jojoba, amande douce, calendula etc).

I hope I'm clear and that's help you a litlle.

interesting recipe ! (though the word chaux gives me the creeps ). i agree with Ju organic products saved my skin. i should look for that logona concealer next time i hang in a healthfood store.

i like to use a spritz of thermal water to set my mineral makeup, it gives a nice finish and allows my skin to "breathe" (mine is dehydrated). i also use one spritz before applying moisturizer. honestly i never tried a face primer so i concentrate on putting the good amount of moisturizer and let it be absorbed by the skin. that seems to work with me, so far my mineral makeup has stayed 10 hours on my face, i just had to use some veil at the end of the day(i use lily lolo stuff btw).

rather than the brand, i think you have first to concentrate on creating a good canvas on which you can apply your foundation.

Hi Magosienne,

I take the Logona cream concelear (the ligthest one), not the stick. I have fair skin and the good color for me is the ligthest Logona or the ligthest Dr.Hauschka. Really good products. Logona has more coverage I think and it's cheapier ^^

I agree with you for the terms "eau de chaux", I wait few month before tested it, I was nervous, but I'm glad to test the recipe, it's really amazing !

The liniment is yellow, it's normal, it's because of the organic olive oil, and the olive smell is ok for me. It's is rather fat necessarily, but it does not disturb me, and the liniment take off all the makeup (waterproof or not) with a wet cotton of floral water.

Some girls make the recipe with 50% "eau de chaux" and 50% organic oils, but I prefer 40% "eau de chaux" and 60 % organics oils.

Somes recipes here : (in french sorry for english women)

transitionaturel.canalblog.com/archives/2005/11/04/961842.html

maisonbio.free.fr

fr.ekopedia.org

I found my recipe here : atelier-naturel.over-blog.com/article-2415034.html

wink.gif

I have slightly dry skin also, and a few fine lines. I've had the problem of mineral makeup making the lines more visible. I recently got some samples from MAD Minerals, and it's the brand I've liked most so far. I plan to order full-size products. None of those ingredients you're looking to avoid. Good luck!

Originally Posted by peachycheeks /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have dry skin and used to use cream or liquid foundation before. I like MMU , but most of them do not stay long, because my skin is to dry. So far I tried Meow, Lotus minerals and Elegant minerals.

I didn't like Meow a bit as offered no coverage for foundation, and the eyeshadow colors were also not as I expected.

I like the feel and the coverage of the Lotus and the Elegant minerals, but they do not last very long.

I tried them applying wet , which was better , but still not as long lasting as I used to with regular makeup.

Also the lotus foundation seems repel water, so it is really a battle to mix it.

I read the liquid MMu threads but there are no selection. Using the petroleum jelly base for MMu just does not make any sense.

Any brand suggestion for dry skin? Or maybe a special technique?

I am waiting for samples from oceanmist, everyday minerals and signature minerals, but I want to try more.

I do not want anything with bismuth or talc( I know ocenmist has talc, I read it later) .

Thanks for the advice!

Hi, there are great tips for foundation on the brand "SignatureMinerals" :

Copy-Collé of the page : signatureminerals.com/tips-foundation.html

Mineral Foundation Tips

finding your shade, application and troubleshooting

With the correct shade and proper application, you will find that your mineral foundation really is the 'foundation' of a beautiful and natural complexion.

Finding your shade:

It is very important that your foundation matches your skin tone very closely. Foundation that is too dark may accentuate fine lines and even give you an orangey appearance. Foundation that is too light may give you a grayish, chalky cast.

Because of the nature of minerals, the same foundation shade may look very different on different people. By the same token, many people find 2 or 3 shades that ALL work great! For this reason it is really best not to make a choice based on what looks good on someone else.

The best way to find your shade is to try smaller jars or samples of several shades in your range (light, med-light, med, deep) to see how they look on your own skin. Always try the foundation on your face, never try it on your wrist or forearm - it does not work!

If by some chance you don't find a shade that works for your skin tone, BLEND! Mineral foundation is actually intended to be blended, so don't be afraid to try your own recipes until you find the perfect signature blend for your complexion! Just don't forget to write down your recipes!

Applying your foundation:

Wash your face, exfoliate if needed, moisturize, apply your concelear or a finishing veil (if you prefer), then apply your foundation.

Less is More. I can't express this enough. You just need the tiniest amount of mineral foundation to achieve a beautiful and natural complexion.

1. Place a small amount of foundation into the lid (or container of your choice).
  2. Load your bristles by swirling or tapping your buki in the foundation.
  3. Remove the excess foundation by tapping your brush on the side of the lid or container.
  4. Using a circular motion, gently buff the foundation onto your entire face. For the most natural results make sure to blend into your hairline and upward along your neck and jaw line.
  5. Build your coverage. Apply one light layer at a time until you achieve your desired coverage. If you feel it takes too many layers to achieve your desired coverage, you might consider applying Concealer or Finishing veil before your foundation.
Foundation troubleshooting:When you first start using mineral makeup, it may take a few applications to really get the hang of it. Hopefully these tips will help you overcome or avoid some problems that many people have when they first make the switch to minerals.

Problem: Chalky, mask-like or too heavy?

Possible Causes: Over-application; Color is too light; Wrong brush or not enough buffing; Too much moisturizer or moisturizer hasn't set in enough.

Solution: Use less; Use a darker shade or custom blend; use your Buki Brush and buff, buff, buff!; Use less moisturizer and/or let your moisturizer set in more before applying your makeup.

Problem: Orangey Appearance?

Possible Causes: Over-application; Shade is too dark.

Solution: Apply less; Use a lighter shade or custom blend.

Problem: Dry Appearance?

Possible Causes: Surface of the skin is too dry and/or needs exfoliation.

Solution: Exfoliate as needed; Use moisturizer

If your skin is REALLY dry, you might want to try blending your foundation in with your moisturizer.

Problem: Large Pores and/or Fine Lines Accentuated?

Possible Causes: Over-application; Not buffed in enough; Wrong Brush; Need veil.

Solution: Use less; Use your Buki Brush and buff well; Try a dusting of Finishing Veil to reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines.

Problem: Shiny or oily Appearance?

Possible Causes: Moisturizer contains oil; Over-application; Not using finishing veil.

Solution: Use oil free moisturizer; Apply less foundation and/or buff more; Apply Finishing Veil (before and/or after foundation) to control oil and reduce shine.

If you have "uncontrollable oily" skin, please consider trying using Angel Wings, Petal Pink or Tawny Tan finishing veil under your foundation. The kaolin clay in these 3 veils really helps absorb and control oil (helps heal acne too)!

Problem: Streaked, blotchy or uneven appearance?

Possible Causes: Over-application; Moisturizer is too heavy; Moisturizer hasn't set in enough.

Solutions: Apply less foundation and buff more; Use less moisturizer; Allow moisturizer to set in more before applying makeup.

So great info, thanks!

I'll try to mix my foundation with my moisturizer next time. Also I'll try to exfoliate my skin

I'm glad that's help you
satisfied.gif

I think it's great tricks (there are helping me too)
wink.gif

Meow applies very smoothly, especially flawless feline with boron nitride but it tends to dry the skin out a bit. It seems Lumiere's foundations with squalene might be a better option for dry skin. It works for me. Mixing MF with foundation or squalene should also work and prevent a chalky looking result.

Originally Posted by peachycheeks /img/forum/go_quote.gif So great info, thanks!I'll try to mix my foundation with my moisturizer next time. Also I'll try to exfoliate my skin

Usually, I'm ok applying my MMU right after applying my moisturizer, but on days when it's been windy and my skin is extra dry, I use a moisturizer intensifier, moisturizer, then mix my foundation with a bit of my moisturizer and apply. Stays all day, doesn't cake, doesn't soak in. Just make sure you don't have any bismuth, parabens or talc in there.

Latest posts

Back