Best moisturizer for acne-prone skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Up until now, I never had dry skin. But I started getting these dry patches by my nose... and thats not the point.

Anyone know any good moisturizer that won't give me zits? (Nothing with salicylic acid, please. =] )

BTW, I'm only able to buy stuff from Sephora & Walmart.

I have acne prone/sensitive skin and I like squalene oil, camellia oil and Dermalogica's active moist along with Dermalogica's toner. None of those cause me any breakout or redness.

I'm not sure if any of these are found in Sephora or Walmart. I get the products online.

well.....whatever it is.... if you have acne-prone...sensitive skin. Use moisturizer that is GEL base...

smile.gif

I have been using acne medicines that caused my face to feel tight and 'dry' I had just finished reading an interview with Lucy Lu and she mentioned Aquapor (sp) I figured I had nothing to loose so I slathered it on my face and went to bed in the morning my skin felt great. I must also mention that I used Cetaphil instead of the acne medicine.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have acne prone/sensitive skin and I like squalene oil, camellia oil and Dermalogica's active moist along with Dermalogica's toner. None of those cause me any breakout or redness.
I'm not sure if any of these are found in Sephora or Walmart. I get the products online.

i use the dermalogica active moist also, along with sundari neem and avocado but neither is available at sephora. maybe something by philosophy might work and i know sephora carries that line. i've heard good things about hope in a jar.
well, maybe not so good. i just did a search and the thread i read didn't really sound good for acne prone skin. maybe you should check it our for yourself.

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...jar-64578.html

I have acne prone skin & use complex 15. You should only really use something gel based if you have oily skin...so ignore that.

i though of another moisturizer that you might find at walmart. aveeno skin brightening moisturizer with spf15. this is an excellent moisturizer. i break out from just about everything and it did really well for me. btw, it oil free!

neutrogena moisturizers are awesome. I like the oil free version for sensitive skin.

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have acne prone skin & use complex 15. You should only really use something gel based if you have oily skin...so ignore that. you are right solimar....my Beautician advice me that too. acne/prone....oily skin.... GEL BASE moisturizer....or whatever...

Originally Posted by MamaRocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif Burts Bees Marshmallow cream is natural and smells so good! That sounds amazing, I have to find that now.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Are there any cheaper lotions that you all recommend for acne prone skin? I would like to know since winter is approaching.
I was thinking about Pond's dry skin cream, but I hear about ppl breaking out from that.

Complex 15 is awesome. Try it, seriously.

I will recommand Dr. Ci: Labo Basic Black Blemish Control Moisture Gel,

It is the moisturizer for oily skin and acne prone skin.

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is that what the mosturizer called Complex 15? Where can I find it?
Thanks!

You may be able to find it at cvs or something, but drugstore.com is your best bet.

Latest posts

Back