Best Nail Colors And Why You Like Them

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fall 2005 trends not only include luxe fabrics (including fur) and tweeds <NOBR>--</NOBR> which demand high-gloss nail color <NOBR>--</NOBR> but designs are inspired by such disparate yet demanding styles of the 1950s, the 1980s, the Far East and old Russia.

<O
tongue.gif

"There is nothing like a well-manicured hand with rich, deep color. "It makes a FASHION statement, even if you don't go out and buy a new wardrobe.

dark chocolate truffle, pecan, bitter chocolate, toffee and raspberry cream.<O
tongue.gif

"These as well as other luscious, rich and deep shades are particularly complimentary to browns and the subtle, bright yarns in tweeds," . "The tweeds on the runway were exciting, and I loved all the browns. Brown is the new basic for<O
tongue.gif
</O
tongue.gif

If you wear dark polish, keep these tips in mind:<O
tongue.gif
</O
tongue.gif

Think of dark polish as an accessory, and don't overdo it by wearing lots of jewelry<O
tongue.gif
</O
tongue.gif

Be sure to apply a base coat, because dark polish can stain nails yellow<O
tongue.gif
</O
tongue.gif

If you get a manicure at the salon, purchase the dark shade they use so you can touch up your polish as needed (even the tiniest chips are unsightly when your polish is dark)
<Ohttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif</Ohttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Meanwhile, if you love nude and pink polishes, go for it, says These shades never go out of style. Just remember to apply a base coat, as the lighter polishes show every nail flaw, nook and cranny. And you might want to try layer in two different pale shades to create your own color.

Originally Posted by MARIAN HOT COLORS PAULINE!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=550 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=80>http://pro.opi.com/t/smallNLS58.jpg</TD><TD class=search vAlign=top>Lacquer Cool in the Pool</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

two new collections for fall 2005 from china glaze and orly

CHINA GLAZE

1. GREAT BARRIER BEIGE

2. DOWN UNDER DUSK

ORLY

1. STRIP DOWN

2. GRIMME THE SCOOP

3. CLOSE YOUR EYES

Originally Posted by elljmz For a clean look I love OPI's Hopelessly in Love. I always get compliments on my nails when I wear this color.

I don't own a lot of nail polish, but the ones I do like are:

OPI Our Song (cream-nude with gold sheen)

OPI First Dance (sheer cream-pink)

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Cinnabar Opal (corally with gold sheen) I love how shimmery the Nail Prisms look in the sun! I don't own it, but my friend has the medium purple one, and that is a beautiful color for toes

Mary Kay Luminous Nails Opal - I don't even know if they make this anymore, but I love the sparkles in this one

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds in a cherry red with silver sparkles (the name sticker is rubbed off)

Maybelleine Express Finish in Pink Shock - hot Barbie pink!

I really like essie a lot, because they never get streaky. But the Opi Chicago Fall line is gorgeous too: I really like Lincon Park after Dark->a dark (bit of Pulp Fiction Uma-but only purplish) purple hue...sexay...

China Glaze has some amazing colors, so has Creative...

Back