Best prevention eye cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doe

Reaction score
Hi

I'm 15 and i really dont want wrinkles when i get older.

What is the best eye cream i can use before i sleep or something like that to prevent wrinkles?

If this helps my mum has quite alot of wrinkles but not so much my dad even thought he is way older,but maybe its because of his darker skin.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Price is no problem for me,the only problem i have is that i dont live in the US so i cant get many diff brands.

Originally Posted by doe HiI'm 15 and i really dont want wrinkles when i get older.

What is the best eye cream i can use before i sleep or something like that to prevent wrinkles?

If this helps my mum has quite alot of wrinkles but not so much my dad even thought he is way older,but maybe its because of his darker skin.

Price is no problem for me,the only problem i have is that i dont live in the US so i cant get many diff brands.

icon_surprised.gif
Oh Doe your so young to put any eye cream on your eyes!!But if you want to try one use one which only hydrates your eye area and don't worry about wrinkles you're too young to worry about that!! Maybe you should try Estee Lauder's Hydra Complete!

icon_lol.gif
doe, at your age the best thing to use is sunblock and plenty of it. i am 50 and have avoided the sun for 30 years and i am reaping the benefits now. if you start using creams before you need them, you will get milia under your eyes and they must removed by a dermie. a tinted moisturizer w/uva and uvb protection for your eyes, neck and hands will do more for you than a thousand creams. products will not prevent lines, wrinkles and sagging. these are a function of heredity. most of what people suffer is sun damage and it cannot be reversed; only prevented. always your friend, genie hth
smile.gif

I agree --use sunblock now. Daily, even in winter. You won't regret it.

Only use an eyecream if you really need one, otherwise like the other's said, sunscreen should be ok. And be careful, eye creams do give you tons of millia.

I started to use it spordically when I was 15, it gave me millia, so I stopped.

Started using Burt's Bee's repair serum, when I remember to and love it. But I only started using one because I had dark cirles and fine lines from lack of sleep and rubbing my eyes so much.

I agree, if you must use a cream, I would recommend the hydracomplete eye from EL or they also have a Daywear Plus eye cream. Either of those would be good.

Nobody believes me, but I swear by pure vitamin e oil. I use it only at night because the kind I get is super thick. I dab it on problem areas(dry or irritated) and leave it until I wash my face in the morning. I've used eye creams in addition to that because I'm a paranoid freak when it comes to my skin, but anything else really isn't necessary. For daytime I go between a couple different brands of eye treatments, but no matter what I always use the E oil at night.

Originally Posted by shiso Only use an eyecream if you really need one, otherwise like the other's said, sunscreen should be ok. And be careful, eye creams do give you tons of millia.
I started to use it spordically when I was 15, it gave me millia, so I stopped.

Started using Burt's Bee's repair serum, when I remember to and love it. But I only started using one because I had dark cirles and fine lines from lack of sleep and rubbing my eyes so much.

what is millia? and why would eyecream cause this?

Originally Posted by sofiaj what is millia? and why would eyecream cause this? I believe milia are clogged pores that have white heads (pretty sure about this, but correct me if I'm wrong), and cannot be squeezed out, so you should NEVER try to, especially since the undereye skin is so delicate. Eye creams can give you milia because they are so emollient and rich.

Originally Posted by sofiaj okedoke so i better go slow with the eyecream lol Make sure you use a moisturiser with SPF in it (even in our less than sunny country) and make sure you wear sun glasses when it's sunny (I always have a pair in my bag even in December) squinting into the sun can cause wrinkles. If you want to use an eye cream put it on before you go to bed. If you can get hold of it I like Boots Botanicals skincare stuff, it's pretty good for a high street brand.
But sweetie, don't worry. I didn't use moisturiser and stuff till I was 21 and I don't think I look too bad, but still prevention is better than a cure.

To kind of help with not getting big baggy eyes when you're older, NEVER rub your eyes..this is an area on the face where there is NO elasticity, so it can stretch the skin. Also, if you do decide to use eye cream make sure you dot it along outwards to the inner part, not the other way around. And as i said before, dab don't rub. I'd suggest burts bees www.burtsbees.com because their products are naturally derived so contain no harsh chemicals like most other brands (they're not expensive either
claps.gif
). try looking for the royal jelly eye cream, it's supposed to be excellent. have fun while you can and don't worry about getting old..yet
icon_cheesygrin.gif

~YourOneAndOnly

For the eye contour area :

Eye Contour Gel AND Eye Revive Beauty Flash OR Skin-Smoothing Eye Mask OR Eye Contour Balm

good products to try

also look for a good sun screen

For a radiant, beautiful complexion, as a regular or time - specific treatment :

Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate

To refine facial contours for a beautiful, youthful appearance :

UV Plus Protective Day Screen SPF 40

Use an exfoliating treatment or facial mask once / twice a week :

Gentle Facial Peeling AND Beauty Flash Balm

For the eye contour area :

Eye Contour Gel AND Eye Revive Beauty Flash OR Skin-Smoothing Eye Mask OR Eye Contour Balm

Originally Posted by doe HiI'm 15 and i really dont want wrinkles when i get older.

Latest posts

Back