Best products you've received from Birchbox?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have to say that my fav products I have received in boxes were:

• Per-fekt Lash (bought a full size)
  • Jouer luminizing tint (bought a full size, but now I want to try the matte)
  • Tarte LipSurgence
  • Juliette Has a gun Lady Vengence
  • BVGARI Mon Jasmine Noir (I'm trying to save my points for this, i'm in love!)
  • Teaforte mints (love those mints enough to buy them from BB)

I've also bought some stuff from BB because I could

• Eyeko liner (I got the fat stick in a box and liked it enough, but with all the raves about the liner, I ended up buying purple and love it)
  • Stila in the Light palette (love the neutral colors)
  • Benefit high beam

I have definitely enjoyed at least one product from each box and BBs point system makes it so easy to spend my money on pretties

theBalm Stainiac

Eyeko skinny liner (I got black, but I'm open to the other colors)

Jouer lip enhancer (I got the lip gloss, but ended up getting the enhancer through BB)

BB is a hit or miss for me but I have found some great products through them, enough so that I've purchased full sizes of a few (though through different outlets like the company's online store...better deals that way).  I signed up really for makeup but have been very surprised at the stuff that has impressed me.  Anyways, here are some of my faves.

• Atelier Colognes: Ambre Nue and Vanille Insensee
  • Harvey Prince Eau Flirt  ..(Atelier's Ambre Nue and HP Eau Flirt combo is so yummy...love!)
  • Eyeko skinny liner, purple
  • Ahava Dermud Intensive Foot Cream (not too keen on the scent but this foot cream rocks!)
  • Zoya (love this polish brand!)
  • Kerastase Elixir Ultime
  • Tarte LipSurgence
  • Fresh Sugar lip treatment

My top 5 Birchbox finds are:

5. DDF Brightening Cleanser

4. Scalisi Anti-Aging Moisturizer

3. Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls

2. Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB Cream

1. TheBalm Stainiac

I bought full sizes of Stainiac and Dr. Jart...I plan to buy full sizes of the rest eventually.  (I need to run out of a ton of Aveda products before purchasing any more hair stuff, the Scalisi is soooo expensive it's hard to rationalize but I really liked it, and the DDF I received a few of and haven't run out yet.)

I loved the blinc mascara, Wei CC cream, the Vasanti Brighten Up, Eyeko Skinny liner (the purple is AWESOME), and the Alterna Bamboo Fluide.

Blinc Mascara

Orofluido

Klorane Chamomile Shampoo

Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume

theBalm Stainiac

Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee

By far my favorite, like many others have posted here, was the Eyeko London Skinny Liquid Liner.  I also really liked the Staniac we got in June, as well as the Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer which I bought full-sized with my points.

Originally Posted by Adrigirl81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My top 5 Birchbox finds are:

5. DDF Brightening Cleanser

4. Scalisi Anti-Aging Moisturizer

3. Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls

2. Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB Cream

1. TheBalm Stainiac

I bought full sizes of Stainiac and Dr. Jart...I plan to buy full sizes of the rest eventually.  (I need to run out of a ton of Aveda products before purchasing any more hair stuff, the Scalisi is soooo expensive it's hard to rationalize but I really liked it, and the DDF I received a few of and haven't run out yet.)
I was beginning to think I was alone with the Scalisi..that stuff is amazing!

In case anyone is interested..LA Fresh and Pangea Organics is on that sneakpeeq website.

A few of the things I loved and bought:

• POREfessional
  • Bvlgari Mon Jasmine Noir (I've gone through 2 bottles already)
  • Zoya polishes
  • Jouer lip gloss
  • Teaforte Mints
  • Philosophy's Purity
  • Caudalie Sorbet-Creme (it was a different product, but it introduced me to the brand, which I now love)
  • Twistband
  • Shaveworks
  • Lipstick Queen in Medieval (this wasn't a sample, but it caught my attention and I bit. Excellent choice; I've been through 3 tubes since!).

I also really liked the Dior Extase Mascara, Yogini perfume, and the Eyeko fat stick they sent, but I've yet to purchase them.

Not to mention a lot of my purchases were through promos and my points so I definitely feel that I've gotten a great value. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my favourites:

-Nuxe oil (july 2011) This is my favourite Birchbox find. period.

Also loved:

-redken shineflash(july 2011)

-purity made simple(I use this regularly, but was happy to get it in a box for a travel size - july 2011)

-algenist anti-aging cream(not sure what month. may 2012?)

-borghese mud mask (november 2011. maybe it was october 2011?)

-full size Laura Geller blush n brighten (I didn't use it, since I don't like mineralizers, but I sold it on ebay for a nice bit of change. lol June 2011? maybe May 2011?)

-the Laura Geller duo lipstick we got a few months ago. So pretty!

My favorites:

• Various Zoya nail polishes (I had never heard of them before Birchbox, but they've totally turned me on to the formula and now they're my go-to).
  • Oscar Blandi Wet Volumizing Shampoo/Conditioner (I have thin/fine and dry hair)
  • LMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything Eye Serum (pricey but it was a big enough sample that I got a few months worth, and I actually noticed a real difference in the skin around my eyes, so I bought some)
  • stila One Step Bronzer

Hm I guess many people didn't get it which is why there's no mention but Pixi Beauty Lid Last Shadow Pen. it works really well as a light eyeshadow and a primer. I'm usually too freaking lazy to put on eyeshadow and primer, but I just use this and my eyeliner doesn't even smudge like it usually does -- after 12+ hours! I've already gone through half of the one they sent me, got another through trade, and am getting more with my points and 3-mo coupon.

- Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm

- SHU UEMURA Art of Hair Moisture Velvet Nourishing Treatment

- Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

Kerastase Elixer Ultime

Don't see me buying a full size any time soon though.  Too pricey.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   But I sure did love that stuff...............

Stila glitter liquid liner (full size!)

and Jouer Lip Enhancer

I really like a lot of products I've received.

Jurlique Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer is awesome

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner (black from my mom & olive in my own box)

Stila Sparkle Liner (sister in law got this and gave it to me)

Dior Extase mascara

Jouer lip enhancer

Jouer LMT in pearl

Juliette Has a Gun perfumes

Twistbands (inspired me to make my own and actually seal the ends! lol)

Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer

Miss Jessie's Quick Curls

Probably more that I can't think of. I do a lot of trading with my mom and sisters.

I have a huge list. Birch box has paved the way for most of my HG beauty products, so as much as they are disappointing me right now, I will probably never leave until they go out of business (Knock on wood!).

Through my monthly Birchboxes:

1) October '12: DDF Brightening Cleanser (only 2 uses so far, but I think I already love it).

2) August '12: SHU UEMURA Art of Hair Full Shimmer Illuminating shampoo and conditioner. Waiting for the right time to spend $100.00 on these :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

3) July '12: Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner: received black but will be purchasing in Olive soon. HG liquid liner.

4) July '12: LARABAR Uber: Cherry Cobbler. Soooo delish. bought full size.

5) July '12: Alterna BAMBOO UV+ Color Protection Fade-Proof Fluid (HG hair serum, but I have a feeling Orofluido from this month will be a close match once I try it). Bought full size

6) June '12: theBalm Cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen. ABSOLUTE HG lip product. so beautiful. Bought full size. Will purchase for the rest of my life!

7) May '12: Dior Diorshow Extase

8) May '12: SHU UEMURA Art of Hair Cleansing Oil Shampoo. Again, waiting to spend big $$$ on this :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

9) May '12 Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm. My HG eye balm. Boyfran received this in a BBman and gave to me too, yay.

10) April '12: Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil. Bought full size. Makes my skin sooo soft.

11) March '12: Harvey Prince Ageless Pink Grapefruit. Bought full size and need to re-buy. The most amazing scent i have ever smelled, and I've smelled a lot.

12) February '12: Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum

13) February '12: Dermologica Daily Microfoliant. STILL using the generous sample. Will probably purchase eventually.

14) January '12 (first box): Zoya in Megan. I have bought many full size.. I probably have 12 or more Zoyas thanks to this sample :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

15) January '12: Archipelago Pomegranate Body Soap: Well i didn't buy the soap, but the Pomegranate Body Wash because of the scent of the soap. It is now my HG body wash.

Looking back, it seems the only month I didn't like ANYTHING was September! Though, my boyfriend received Balla Deodorizing Powder in his September Birchbox Man. It is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING for my stinky flats! Way better than Odor Eaters. And also amazing for his...er......well read the name :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Bought 2 full size.

Through browsing the site and deciding I would risk purchasing before trying and loved:

1) YBF Eyebrow Pencil in Universal Toupe. My absolute HG eyebrow pencil. Have bought multiples, and will continue to forever!

2) The above mentioned Archipelago Pomegranate Body wash. To die for.. my HG Bodywash.

3) Zoya Remove+ Nail polish remover. MY HG polish remover.

4) Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara. My HG mascara unless I need it day-of and can't order.

I think that's it!

Wow, pretty crazy to look back at how much of my paycheck goes to BB each month! Thank the BB gods for the points system and 20% off codes!

eyeko skinny liquid liner in purple

stila one step bronze

thebalm staniac

atelier cologne vanilla insensee

dr. jart+ water fuse bb cream

fresh sugar rose tinted lip balm

orofludo hair elixer

vasanti brighten up!

these are all the products I LOVED but I have also gotten plenty more I liked.

Back