Best products you've received from Birchbox?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got 300 Birchbox points burning a hole in my digital wallet and I want to take advantage of the current 20% off code. I'm not sure what I want to get though. So, I am curious, what are the best products you've received from Birchbox, either in your monthly box or from the store?

Here are some of my favorites:

- Willa face wash - my HG! It has a light lavender scent that is wonderful, it actually tastes good (so when I inevitably get a bit in my mouth it is not a soapy taste), it is gentle and effective for removing makeup, I love anything that goes from liquid to foam, and it's only $11 (super cheap for a Birchbox item).

- Oscar Blandi Jasmine Conditioner - amazing smell.

- Pangea Lip Balm in Orange and Fennel - really unique taste, my HG lip balm.

- Essie Luxeffects collection - I own the Shine of the Times and Set in Stone and they are both really pretty.

Ok, ladies, your turn!

I just spent 23.00 after my points on

Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift
Makeup Remover Wipes from LA Fresh
and
A lip balm from CO Bigalow.

Off the top of my head, I was impressed by the Olofluido hair oil, the Fresh lip balm, One Love waterless moisturizer, the Eyeko liquid eyeliner, and the boscia bb cream.

Of course, I also used my points to get the Clarisonic Mia 2 and that's been very impressive!

I just bought the CC cream from WEI. I got the WEI to go sleepover kit this month and that stuff is incredible! I took had 300 points to spend along with the 20% off so I got the WEI cream ($30) and the pick 2 sample pack Jouer and polish ($10). After the 300 points and the 20% I paid $2! This was the first sample I received in my box that I actually wanted!

I've only been a subscriber for 3 months, and there's been at least 1 item from each month that either I or my mum have loved, and that's enough to keep me happy for only $10 a month.

-Eyeko liquid eyeliner. Even though I got it in Olive and I usually only use black eyeliner, I love it because it's dark enough to suit my taste.

-Pixi eyeshadow stick. My mum's been using it almost daily because it's so pigmented and convenient.

-Soy body whip. I love how it smells and it does a great job at moisturizing.

I've kind of been hoping I'll get a lip product because that's the one thing I haven't seen yet in my BB. I'm a creature of habit when it comes to eye makeup (black, black, and more black! or at least a really dark/black based blue, purple, or green) and I don't wear anything on my face, but I love trying out new lipsticks/glosses and I'm more adventurous with colours for that.

Oscar Blandi jasmine oil

BeautyBlender

Miracle Skin Transformer Treat & Conceal (best concealer I've EVER used!) - not in a box but at their site

Melvita Floral Spray (I spritz this on my face daily to freshen my makeup)

Harvey Prince Ageless perfume 

Jouer Lip Treatment

i am absolutely in LOVE  with the wei cc cream! I am super super pale and i really like a full coverage foundation, but this is like the miracle i've been waiting for! i actually emailed the company and asked if they could send me another small sample of the cc cream, but they sent me 4 samples of other products instead. i am such a cheapskate that i'm still trying to reason spending 30 on a foundation, but i have 400 pts and i'm just gonna go for it! i wish this stuff came in a bigger size and not just the little packet, thought the packet did last me over  a week, i scraped that thing dry! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oops, i also love love love the melvita facial mist! i've been with bb for about  for 7 months and nothing has really jumped out at me other than the wei cc cream, the melvita face spray, and the yube japanese cream. everything else was kinda blah for me, i'm giving them maybe one more month to improve:)

I've had the same experience as norther and have loved at least one product from each of the boxes I have received.

So far, I really love:

• theBalm Stainiac
  • Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
  • CO Bigelow Lip Cream
  • Dr. Jart BB Cream

Here's my favorites. I've only been a subscriber for 3 months though.

• TheBalm Stainiac
  • Jouer Lip Treatment
  • Ada Cosmetics Bronzer
  • DDF Brightening Cleanser

I've only gotten two, but honestly I haven't received a single thing that's a favorite yet.  I enjoyed trying the stuff, though!  And I did enjoy the makeup remover swabs and could see myself buying some in the future - but I would probably just try Almay's version I that can get at Walgreens for $5.

I got 10 boxes from Birchbox and the only sample that I received that I actually purchased full size is the Jouer lipgloss in Birchbox Pink.  I got some horrible boxes and I have purchased other items from Birchbox, but not any that I got a sample of except the gloss.  I finally cancelled BB this month as I've decided that it's just not for me. 

Best products you've received from Birchbox?

1. June 2011 - Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten - loved it so much I bought another from Birchbox.
  2. August 2011 - Pangea Organics Cleanser for Oily to Combination Skin - hated it at first but all the Pangea Organics I ended up loving... just wish it was less expensive so I can buy it.
  3. October 2011 - Pangea Organics Facial Scrub.
  4. December 2011 - Benefit The POREfessional - ended up using my points to get the full size for free.
  5. January 2012 - stila smudge stick waterproof eye liner - I've used it several times but have yet to use it up simply because I have others that I use as well. Still once I run out I will buy it.
  6. February 2012 - Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant® - okay, I moaned and groaned about it at first but after getting a 2nd sample from Sample Society in March I did end up liking it and ended up buying one from Beauty Bar.
  7. May 2012 - fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 - ok, it wasn't my first experience with Fresh's Sugar. I have one from New Beauty, that one plus two more
  8. July 2012 - Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - love it, stole my daughter's as well since she got a blue one and I got a black one.

If you have extra points and want to try it, I really liked the klorane papyrus leave in conditioner in the BB shop. it's cheap and gets my hair pretty straight and soft without having to do anything. 

favorite product in my boxes? My lipsurgence and the stila bronzer.

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you have extra points and want to try it, I really liked the klorane papyrus leave in conditioner in the BB shop. it's cheap and gets my hair pretty straight and soft without having to do anything. 

favorite product in my boxes? My lipsurgence and the stila bronzer.
Lucky with the lipsurgence. I wasnt a member until the next month. But lipsurgences are amazing. Stila bronzer is amazing, I wish the store had more selection.

I have so many but off the top of my head: beautyblender, eyeko eyeliner, jouer lip gloss in Wind, Wei cc cream and ketastase liquide from May. I have bought these at least once from the bb shop.

I am absolutely in love with the Scalisi Moisturizer from the June box.  I can't afford the full size at $110 for a 1.7 oz bottle, but it feels great and I will probably buy it when I feel I need it lol.  I also liked the Borghese Botanical Eye Compresses from the same box.

Latest posts

Back