Best Skin Care Products- Rated!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Best Skin Care Products

The products you’ll want to use time and time again

[Excerpted from May 2004 Town & Country]

A team of well known makeup artists and stylists as well as the beauty editors of Town & Country and other beauty magazines compiled this “best of†list.

Cleansers and Toners

• Jo Malone Eucalyptus & Mint Frothing Cleansing Cream. A wakeup call in an invigorating, soap-free lather.

• Shiseido deep Cleansing Foam. Removes makeup and oil with purifying microbeads.

• Kiehl’s Ultra Moisturizing Cleansing Cream. A decadent whipped formula for very dry skin.

• Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser. Talk about multitasking: this cleans, exfoliates, detoxifies and tones.

• Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. Recommended by dermatologists because it’s gently enough for sensitive skin.

• Yon-Ka Lotion PNG. Refreshing botanical mist toner that even calms irritation, sunburn and shaving rash.

Eye Creams

• Sisley Sisleya Eye and Lip Contour Cream. Quickly diminishes signs of fatigue and telltale fine lines.

• Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex. The secret to waking up looking refreshed.

• ReVive Intensite les Yeux. Banishes dark circles and plumps fine lines.

Moisturizers

• Crème de la Mer. The precious sea-kelp formulation with legions of followers.

• Jo Malone Vitamin E Gel. Legendary: this panacea treats ultradry skin everywhere- lips, cuticles, hands and feet.

• Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Vitamin Complex. A seven-vitamin/mineral cocktail with SPF 15.

• Estee Lauder DayWear Plus Multi-Protection Moisturizer SPF 15. Shields your complexion from exposure to the sun and pollution.

• Clarins radiance-Plus Self Tanning Cream-Gel. Contains a smidgen of self-tanner to imbue skin with a subtle glow while it moisturizes.

• Sisley Lisley day cream. A botanical infusion that’s lightweight and elegant.

• Natura Bisse Diamond. A superluxe energy booster for your skin.

• Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Crème. Need extra moisturizing? This rich formula is tops for nighttime.

Wrinkle Fighters, Skin Enhancers, Treatments and More

• Chanel Precision Lift Serum Extreme. Your first line of defense against fine lines and wrinkles.

• Remede Sweep. This nonabrasive facial exfoliator has a cult following and even inspired a body polish.

• Darphin Aromatic Care. Essential oils for the face that purify, nourish and detoxify skin.

• Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Intensive Treatment Ampoules. A seven-night copper-peptide regimen to improve firmness and hydration. Ideal for soothing skin following sun damage and laser or peel treatments.

• B. Kamins Booster Blue Rosacea Treatment. Neutralizes the blotchy, red inflammation of rosacea.

• MD Skincare Alpha-Beta Home Facial System. An uncomplicated, not too aggressive, at-home chemical peel.

• Guerlain Issima Midnight Secret Late night? A few drops erase signs of fatigue by morning.

• Astara Blue Flame Purification Mask. Zaps oiliness and breakouts. Also a great spot treatment.

• Valmont Nature Moisturizing Mask. Staves off the early signs of aging.

• Cle de Peau Beaute Facial Contour Treatment. A quick pick-me-up in a box.

• Aquaphor. Apply it on dry or cracked skin, diaper rash, cuticles, sunburn, burns, lips, eczema, scrapes and shaving bumps. Its uses are endless.

I've used one product from this list: Shiseido Deep Cleansing Foam. It's from the Benefiance line and its a thick, foaming cleanser. I think anyone with dry skin would find this stripping, but it would be good for normal/combo skins.

Almost all the others I haven't tried. It just staggers my mind how many different products are out there! This list is just a teeny fraction of what is available...whew! Lists like these are nice to use as a starting point for shopping. Though IMHO, this list is better than the one in Allure. Speaking of which, I find the reader's picks in Allure to be interesting! Besides it's paid advertisements, Allure puts a lot of focus on high-end, trendy cosmetics. When poll-time comes out, it's readers consistently pick products that are mainstream and have been on the market some time. It's like Allure offers 31 flavors and all it's readers want is vanilla!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I've used one product from this list: Shiseido Deep Cleansing Foam. It's from the Benefiance line and its a thick, foaming cleanser. I think anyone with dry skin would find this stripping, but it would be good for normal/combo skins.
Almost all the others I haven't tried. It just staggers my mind how many different products are out there! This list is just a teeny fraction of what is available...whew! Lists like these are nice to use as a starting point for shopping. Though IMHO, this list is better than the one in Allure. Speaking of which, I find the reader's picks in Allure to be interesting! Besides it's paid advertisements, Allure puts a lot of focus on high-end, trendy cosmetics. When poll-time comes out, it's readers consistently pick products that are mainstream and have been on the market some time. It's like Allure offers 31 flavors and all it's readers want is vanilla!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yeah since this best of list is from "Town and Country" magazine, it is a bit more "alternative" but it was interesting to see that they had some "low end" products listed as well. Sometimes you shouldn't mess with the best! I know that Almay has some HIGH quality foundations that are just as good or better than many more expensive brands. I liked the picks these artists and editors chose and I have more to post from this article too. They have a makeup tools "best of" that I will post soon.
Allure caters to a lot of vanillas, yes! LOL. Into each life a little 'butter pecan' must fall. Although if I were you, I'd steer clear of the gummi bear ice cream. It's a "don't."

hhbanner2.jpg

Gummi bear ice cream sounds as appealing as Gumball ice cream. Baskin Robbins used to sell that in the 80's. Okay, while eating ice cream, what do you DO with all the gum that's collecting in your mouth??

I love Town and Country, especially for the jewelry ads. I may not have a huge house or a yacht, but I can dream through their pages...lol!

My favorite mascara for daytime use is Maybelline's Full n' Soft. Also Prestige pencils are a really good value. But I'm a sucker for YSL foundation...it's so luxurious and looks pretty on my vanity.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Yeah since this best of list is from "Town and Country" magazine, it is a bit more "alternative" but it was interesting to see that they had some "low end" products listed as well. Sometimes you shouldn't mess with the best! I know that Almay has some HIGH quality foundations that are just as good or better than many more expensive brands. I liked the picks these artists and editors chose and I have more to post from this article too. They have a makeup tools "best of" that I will post soon.
Allure caters to a lot of vanillas, yes! LOL. Into each life a little 'butter pecan' must fall. Although if I were you, I'd steer clear of the gummi bear ice cream. It's a "don't."

hhbanner2.jpg

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Gummi bear ice cream sounds as appealing as Gumball ice cream. Baskin Robbins used to sell that in the 80's. Okay, while eating ice cream, what do you DO with all the gum that's collecting in your mouth??
I love Town and Country, especially for the jewelry ads. I may not have a huge house or a yacht, but I can dream through their pages...lol!

My favorite mascara for daytime use is Maybelline's Full n' Soft. Also Prestige pencils are a really good value. But I'm a sucker for YSL foundation...it's so luxurious and looks pretty on my vanity.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'd love to sample many Joey New York products. After trying their foundation, I'm convinced there is nothing better. But like you, I am good at dreaming until next spring when the money starts replacing the lemons on our tree.
As I recall, you have several options when eating gumball ice cream. When I was 10, I did it like this:

Lick up the ice cream, spit out the gumballs into a napkin. Eat the cone up and then chew a few gumballs until they lose their flavor and throw the rest out.

Or, if you are really adventurous, you can chew on the gumballs while you lick up the icecream and hope that you swallow the right one.

I haven't had fumball icecream since I hit puberty though. I guess I outgrew it. Sort of. Now I like cookies 'n cream and I don't save the chunks of Oreo. I'm "crazy' like that and manage to eat them while I am eating the ice cream. I have better motor skills now.

bbgarfield.gif

Latest posts

Back