Best Volumizing/root-lifting/teasing Spray

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what is your opinion on the best spray to give more "oomph!" to your hair?

i have naturally wavy/coarse hair, that is big- literally like an afro, so i straighten it- after i do that, though, all the volume is gone. what do you guys use that you feel works best for keeping the volume up there? i've tried what seems to be everything! i'm constantly asking the pros, but i feel like since i have such different hair than they do, they can't tell me what will be good for ME. any suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks in advance, ladies! <3

I use ION root lifting spray, but the only reason why I use that is because I can buy it at work. I also have the tigi catwalk stuff...I think that's the name of it it's in a blue bottle. The both work pretty good, but those are the only ones I've tried so I'm sure there's better ones out there. Do you try blowdrying your hair upside down, and using the lift sray? Or you could use a few of those humongus rollers just around your crown to create lift.

I have this great product by CHI which is called Volume Booster. And boy does it give volume! I spray it in and around my roots when my hair is wet before I blow dry and it gives amazing volume and body. I naturally have very fine hair, that if I don't style it, it just sits limp, so this stuff was a god send for me.

Kiehl's Thick Volumizer works great for me.

613_L.jpg

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif Aveda Volumizing Tonic is amazing! I'll second that!
Woops, I meant to second the "Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion", but i'm sure the volumizing tonic is also awesome!

I flip my head over and root spray with Kera Spray Lift then flip it back and style with a pick and my hands.

I love Big Sexy Hair Backcomb in a Bottle. Amazing stuff. I tease and then spray that on. Your hair will stay put all night. Also, before I blow dry I use the Paul Mitchell Root Lift.

Latest posts

Back