Best ways to learn makeup for yourself?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, that's true
frown.gif
I don't know i Don't believe so much in collage, there takes about 2 years and would be cheaper, but think best way learn from pro ( be great if I would have some friends pro lol )

well my advice to you is not only PRACTICE,PRATICE,PRACTICE but have a good range of brushes as well.I would always have problem applying to my creases,i bout a 2pc crease brush set.I ran home and tried it and now i got that part down
smile.gif
But MUT had alot of hand in it.Study tutorial and FOTD picks and youll be there in no time.

I agree with practising but what helps is to have someone show you how to do it then it's easy to recreate the look yourself, also you can get tips on what you can do to improve...books are always good for advice.

Tutorials, tutorials, tutorials. Try Pressedbuzz and Verdge, for example, also Amy B on YouTube.

Originally Posted by CorpseFLOW3R /img/forum/go_quote.gif I spend hours of practicing till I get it just right then I start all over again.Also sometimes I write down what I do to remember.

Does taking off your makeup take a toll on your skin?

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does taking off your makeup take a toll on your skin? Be gentle, use a gently eye makeup remover for sensitive eyes, and cleansers that are good for your skin, and moisturize.
I have been practicing for years and still kind of suck lol but all I do is practice and practice some more. I stepped it up a little and have a small book just for writing down good looks that work for me (I often get stuck in a rut, I also need looks for my green eyes or my blue eyes when I wear contacts) This really helped! Im really broke (unemployed student) So if I have sometimes nothing to do I go to the library and look at makeup books lol I know I sound like a loser but I enjoy it and it teaches me stuff.

And also MUT is the best place to learn. You can start a thread here just to ask people what to pair a color of eyeshadow with, or how to place it. And there are proffesional MA's here which is so much help lol, we are all makeup junkies here lol of course your in the perfect place.

I also think practicing on other people would help too, but I dont have anybody for that. Sorry to ramble...

Sephora Girl...i totally agree with you. Why can't they make you look good as them? Doesn't make any sense to me.

I only have problems with eyes..and because of my eye shape i can't pull off dramatic looks so well..

I stick with one colour at a time. That's what look the best. Its great cuz i don't have to spend too much time in the mirror with too many colours or layers..so i'm pretty lucky with that.

Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Be gentle, use a gently eye makeup remover for sensitive eyes, and cleansers that are good for your skin, and moisturize.
I have been practicing for years and still kind of suck lol but all I do is practice and practice some more. I stepped it up a little and have a small book just for writing down good looks that work for me (I often get stuck in a rut, I also need looks for my green eyes or my blue eyes when I wear contacts) This really helped! Im really broke (unemployed student) So if I have sometimes nothing to do I go to the library and look at makeup books lol I know I sound like a loser but I enjoy it and it teaches me stuff.

And also MUT is the best place to learn. You can start a thread here just to ask people what to pair a color of eyeshadow with, or how to place it. And there are proffesional MA's here which is so much help lol, we are all makeup junkies here lol of course your in the perfect place.

I also think practicing on other people would help too, but I dont have anybody for that. Sorry to ramble...

Thanks!

I think the only thing left for me is the eyeliner.

I can't do that to save my life.

kopfkratz.gif

Originally Posted by lummerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sephora Girl...i totally agree with you. Why can't they make you look good as them? Doesn't make any sense to me.
I only have problems with eyes..and because of my eye shape i can't pull off dramatic looks so well..

I stick with one colour at a time. That's what look the best. Its great cuz i don't have to spend too much time in the mirror with too many colours or layers..so i'm pretty lucky with that.

I think its a combination of they don't want to do it/doing makeup in a rush/they just know how to do theirs.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I gotta do everything.

Well I taught myself and it's definately not professional but good enough for me... I used makeup books, videos from online and purdhased a couple dvd's... Should have gone in and had a makeover but never did... I'd like to take a makeup class or two when I get time someday...

i practice and teach myself. i think most of it is intuitive, and when it's not i google it or look up a video on youtube.

I bought two great dvd's on makeup application online. They are helping me to polish my application processes. Also, if you are a Netflix member rent the makeup dvds. They have several that I have watched. Get books and videos from the library too. They are always a great resource for everything, when you are low on funds after spending at Barnes & Noble or Border's.

Man, I looked on Netflix I really didn't find any dvds I like.

Also some of the dvd I've already seen from the library.

Well, I've recently discovered that You Tube has millions of make-up tutorials & some of them are really really good. I sat down with a mirror in front of my laptop on Saturday & tried out some of the looks. They were surprisingly easy to apply. Just goto the site & type in your search ...like "dramatic eye toturial" or whatever.

Back