Best Winter Sweaters

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey MUT ladies,

Do you have any suggestions for some nice affordable $25-50$ sweaters? I like stuff ususally from the GAP, Aeropostale and Alloy. But lately there has been nothing. I feel like when winter comes storers start to lack. I have tons of pins and sashes but I want big sexy off the shoulder sweaters, or some nice thicker turtle necks, or those nice slimming sweaters. Any suggestions?

Gosh, I think you could find sweaters for under $50 in every store in the mall! Or in my mall at least! I always love JC Penny's for affordable pieces, and in years past Maurice's has had some nice sweaters that work for all ages. I would think that any affordable department store like Sears, Kohl's, etc, would have some selection. (In fact I know that in previous winters Kohl's has had a huge selection of sweaters in the Junior's department.)

I also have bought several 3/4-length sleeve, lightweight weave, fitted sweaters from B. Moss. It's a small store and carries more professional and "grown-up" (ie not Juniors!) clothes. Those sweaters are often around $30 regular but I can catch them on sale for $20-25 fairly often. I like to shop there for work clothes! I love it because most of their sweaters come in XS so they actually fit me!
biggrin.gif
(Whereas most of their nice button-up shirts stop at a S and end up looking like a baggy man's shirt on me!
frown.gif
I have way more sweaters than button-up shirts for work, which gets a little hot in the sumer....)

check out The Limited store. they have dressy stuff and they have some Fall stuff in

old navy usually has sweaters for a good price. also if you have these stores in your area Marshall's and Ross.

i saw a great sweater in a gap ad for fall

Originally Posted by xotinkerbellglo Hey MUT ladies,
Do you have any suggestions for some nice affordable $25-50$ sweaters? I like stuff ususally from the GAP, Aeropostale and Alloy. But lately there has been nothing. I feel like when winter comes storers start to lack. I have tons of pins and sashes but I want big sexy off the shoulder sweaters, or some nice thicker turtle necks, or those nice slimming sweaters. Any suggestions?

I second girl-geek (jennifer) JC Penney has great sweaters (sometimes, also sometimes tends to be matronly) but definitely Kohls, Sears, and Devin's suggestion of Old Navy. I usually buy my sweaters from The Limited, but they are expensive, unless they are having a sale. I have a credit card there, and they give you coupons when you have a credit card with them. EXpress also has beautiful sweaters, but also expensive, but again I have a credit card with them too, and you get coupons with a credit card. Gap is also expensive unless they have sales, BUT, if you have a GAP credit card, you can use it at Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic. Have you ever shopped at New York & Company? They have wonderful SALES. I was just there yesterday and they have sales up the wazoo. If you want sweaters that are cheap, that will last you just the season, try Rave, or Charlotte Russe...they are on the cheaper side (not great quality) but are good prices. My daughter loves those clothes, more for the teeny bopper, IMO.

Jen

I have a few sweaters by Liz Claiborne that I got at a department store (Hecht's). The price is always right if you get a sale!

Love both those brands, Liz and American Eagle. Liz sometimes can have matronly styles, you have to pick and choose. How about Ann Taylor Loft...LOVE THOSE SWEATERS. Have to catch those on sale as well.

Back