Big eyes :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Grr. I have really big, ugly, dull, poo brown eyes. I heard that black makes them look smaller, but i look really bad with black eyeliner especially when it smudges all under my eye. I look quite scary. And when i put on black eyeshadow for some reason my eye looks swollen, like i just got punched
icon_rolleyes.gif
. Now i usually just wear mascara, but i still look horrible. What colours woulld work

Dark shades of e/s makes big eyes look smaller!

Originally Posted by Tears_Of_Blood Grr. I have really big, ugly, dull, poo brown eyes. I heard that black makes them look smaller, but i look really bad with black eyeliner especially when it smudges all under my eye. I look quite scary. And when i put on black eyeshadow for some reason my eye looks swollen, like i just got punched
icon_rolleyes.gif
. Now i usually just wear mascara, but i still look horrible. What colours woulld work

Do you have a picture to post? I think really pretty coppery browns look nice on big eyes. The new palette from Benefit looks really good on everyone, and I think you would love those colors, they make the eyes stand out like glittering jewels! They are called Roadside Attractions and the palettes come with three shadows for $20 bucks.. check it out on www.benefitcosmetics.com in the catalog. They are limited edition and selling really fast! The gold shade would go under your eyebrow on the brow bone and the darker colors can go on the bottom lid, and in the crease. SOO pretty.. you gotta try em!

if you could post a pic, that would help.

but people say that brown eyes are great because they work well with any color eye shadow
biggrin.gif
because with blue or green eyes, sometimes people think that shadows clash with their eye shadow.

ToB, maybe try a dark brown instead od the black? Pretsige waterproof eyeliners are really nice, and they don't smudge as easy as kohl liners. they are about $5 I think. Look at the charcoal brown. Also, as scarlette mentioned, some nice bronze/copper browns are very nice, I reaaally like MAC's Teddy. Their website doesn't give the color justice, cause it has much more copper/bronze in it. Wet N Wild has a similar coppery brown liner, and I tried it. It is somewhat lighter than the MAC's and doesn't apply as nice, but it is worth $1 to try out the color.

I used to hate my big round eyes! But now that I am a makeup artist I realize how many people complain about having SMALL eyes. Big Eyes are a makeup artists dream, lot's of space to work with. I also think brown eyes are so soulful and beautiful! I say embrace your eyes and enhance them with lovely shades of bronze, purple and green!
icon_biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back