Big Girls Skinny Jeans

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they look cute. What I personally dislike is the type of pants that taper at the ankle, hate it! yours don't do that so I think it helps balance out your figure. I think they'd look hot with slouch boots!

not everyone can rock the skinny jean, but they look good on you! so go ahead and rock them!

Other than the jeans being a tad too tight, I think you look pretty fashionable (I'm liking the whole outfit).
smile.gif

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif I chose maybe.
For that particular pair, I think they may be a bit too long for you, and too tapered at the end, so around your ankle it looks a little unproportional.

I agree. I really like how they look on your thighs, but IMO they´re too long and they could be a tad wider from the knee down to balance out the thigh area.
I used to hate skinny jeans and thought I would never wear them, but now I own 2 pairs and love them, especially the low cut ones. I feel sexy in them!

GIRL....you betta work them damn jeans!!! Let me tell you, I'm a BIG girl, 5 ft 7, size 22/24 and I wear mine, break out the red stiletto's and you can't tell me SHIT...especially if my makeup and accessories are on POINT! Honestly, you have to wear what you feel comfortable and CONFIDENT in. Everything isn't for everybody, hell no, I wouldn't wear booty shorts, but hell yea, I'd rock skinny jeans even though the skinnest thing on me are my fingers, BUT, my swag is on when I rock them, because you already know that someone is gonna disagree with the I look. I'm fat not in a force field why, should I be limited to looking like a plain Jane...LOL

Great for you for wearing them, and showing us! I think they look fine, but personally I hate skinny jeans on everyone. Especially if they are tapered to the ankle, and you wear a big pair of heels with them. I know it's "in fashion" but I'd much rather jeans that are skinny in the thighs... tight (not to tight) to show off your butt, but then more of a boot cut at the bottom. Heels to finish off the look. I think it's more flattering on everyone.

Originally Posted by EyeCandyDiva /img/forum/go_quote.gif GIRL....you betta work them damn jeans!!! Let me tell you, I'm a BIG girl, 5 ft 7, size 22/24 and I wear mine, break out the red stiletto's and you can't tell me SHIT...especially if my makeup and accessories are on POINT! Honestly, you have to wear what you feel comfortable and CONFIDENT in. Everything isn't for everybody, hell no, I wouldn't wear booty shorts, but hell yea, I'd rock skinny jeans even though the skinnest thing on me are my fingers, BUT, my swag is on when I rock them, because you already know that someone is gonna disagree with the I look. I'm fat not in a force field why, should I be limited to looking like a plain Jane...LOL Lmao. So true...
I do think it depends on the style of jeans and fit. And I think skinny jeans are cute on anyone - except I don't like so much paired with nikes and stuff. Ew.

Yours are fine - but I'd pair it up with a longer shirt or something.

I agree with most of you guys about a bigger girl wearing them.... but I think short girls look cute in skinny jeans, ESPECIALLY with heels. I've seen lots of shorties pull them off and I tried it too and I don't think I look any shorter, I think I look even a couple inches taller.

I just have to applaud you for coming on Make up Talk with the larger size body shape. I am 5ft. 3 in. and weigh about 170 pounds and I was just reading a forum about losing weight and everyone was like 5ft 9 in at 130 pounds and trying hard to lose weight or less! I felt very fat reading it! You go girl!! I wear tight sexy clothes and my husband says I am the most beautiful girl in the world!!

I think you rock them, but I personally would prefer a more flowy top on you, since the jeans are tight already. I think this would balance off this look more. And for them to be a lil shorter. And def. try it out with boots as well. Just keep playing with this look.

Actually I think porportion is more attractive than weight. I love the color of those jeans BTW, I think I might get some.
biggrin.gif

I always think people should be free to wear whatever they want.

However, I always think when it comes to fashion you have to really think about the whole image. I tried on a pair of skinny jeans once, the denim was thin and it fit more like a legging. Were talking skin tight even round the calf. As much as I like how skinny they where I knew looking in the mirror it just didn't work. I'm not saying skinny jeans are not for you, just make certain to look at the big picture.

I always ask myself, what does this outfit say? What message am I trying to convey? Is there a name for the look this projects? I have some pants I only wear with certain shirts, and certain shoes I only wear with a dark dressy denim, you get the idea.

I also feel that anyone can wear just about anything when paired with the right clothing. It's also learned how to selectively buy versitile clothing.

For example, I'm a guy who loves skinny jeans, and many people say guys shouldn't wear skinny jeans. But I do. I wear girls skinny jeans ( cause guys skinny jeans are not skinny ) along with a black or white button up shirt, the kind that is made to be worn untucked. I then pair that tan or argyle socks and shoes with a 2inch heel. I also carry a messenger bag. Might sound a bit fruity if you will. But with careful selection it actually works. I've had strangers come up to me and tell me how fantastic I look.

So my own personal taste is to look good all of the time. I'm drifting off topic. If you like them and you feel they look good on you. Enjoy.

i think people should wear what they feel comfortable in but i don't really like skinny jeans on bigger girls but i think short people are nice in them

I wear skinny jeans and i'm small

I voted no just because I don't like jeans at all!! If you had asked do skinny jeans work for skinny girls.... same answer....

lol whats funny is most of you dont like skinny jeans PERIOD. And the differences between cultures is so obvious. lol i cant respond to all of you because that would take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. But thanks so much to my fellow curvy girls for your support. I would also like to address the proportional things. I want you to take a look up(Google it!) someone named Buffie The Body. I wont post the pic here because she is a video model and most of her pics are in underwear only. I also want you to look up Angel Lola Luv. Now you will most likely say OMG her but is so big it looks fake, or she's too fat to be wearing that. Who knows. But this is what Most ethnic cultures, mainly african american or Latino, find attractive. Maybe not to this extreme, but most people WANT wide hips and a huge nice round but lol. There are always people who dont. But if you look at the rap and latino videos. They are always curvy, you never see very skinny people in those videos because while you say jessica alba has a nice butt, we think she has a flat ass lol. SUPER curves are whats in. Ive seen so many youtube videos saying that skinny jeans bring attention to Unsightly areas such as a big butt or big hips or big thighs, Those are the parts of my body men love about me lol. Those are the parts of my body i want to be seen. I just wanted to call attention to that. Because everything isnt always propotioned. And in some areas thats attractive.

Isnt that weird how different we all think?

Lmao one last thing!

This isnt an outfit, Its just to show off the jeans, I actually would never wear that outfit outside because i dont like my jiggly armsssssss!

One more last thing.

You'd be suprised how many black guys say i have a flat ass.

But it does feel good to live in a culture where you can be any size you want and be still found attractive, unlike other places where if your over a size 4 your morbidly obese.

Ok. Heres buffy. Look at her body, it is in by no means perfect, see the cellulite on the back of her legs? But why do so many african american men find her so attractive?

l_46b3c565855acd09217ed972e8467c1f.jpg

l_16ec1d71b0fc6a6250ab524ce6b6cb0b.jpg

Heres angel:

1536750989_23690c1205_o.jpg

This one dont make no D*** sense:

l_778cf64db06236b692f13f00b4aefdb4.jpg

l_a34da5ec20dc0969990ee2ee86096474.jpg

They look great on you. I personally think it's more slimming if you are slightly larger to wear form fitted stuff =)

While I think you should wear what makes you feel good and/or sexy, Skinny jeans are not for me. I am 5'2 and wear a size 12. I like boot cut on me b/c I think It balances my hips. I'm fairly well proportioned. I also wear lower cut jeans b/c I can't stand anything around my waist................As far as the women above, They are beautiful women. big asses or not. I do not pay attention to people's weight so much. I think being as nurse desensitizes me to big or little, ugly or beautiful. I just dont think about it much. Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder or beerholder depending on where you are and what time it is............

Back