Big Girls Skinny Jeans

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Insensitive. /img/forum/go_quote.gif i had on 3 inch heels, i aint goin no higher! those were three inches? i couldn't tell from the pic! don't mind me, i have a shoe fetish! lmao~

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif those were three inches? i couldn't tell from the pic! don't mind me, i have a shoe fetish! lmao~ lol me too. But yeah those were 3 inch peep toe steve maddens.I just have fat feet lmao.

Nope you guys i dont know how to sew!

I do have some shorter ones that are more blue jeanish.

But i noticed that these pants looked really nice with my wedges, they didnt see so long.

I'm unsure about whether or not the jeans look good on you, but they sure do look tight.

I own skinny-fit jeans and whenever I put them on, I'm always overanalyzing my hips; but they're my hips. And they're there. I'm 5'7" and wear a U.S. size 4. I like my body, but as an African-American woman, I am aware of the stereotype that African-American men don't like women who are on slender side.

But more important than race, I think culture has more of an impact on preferences. Today, many races and cultures are being affected by MTV and the like, so sub-cultural preferences may change unless they are preserved. Growing up within my immediate family, "American culture" was the standard, growing up with things that were nationally recognized as the norm, without many sub-cultural influences.

I think skinny jeans are really nasty looking. I don't want to offend anyone but I think they only look good on like 90 pound girls. Otherwise they make everyone else look fat.

I prefer boot leg and flared jeans.

Girl, you have inspired me to go out and look for a pair of skinny jeans for myself!! Your confidence is a breath of fresh air...

My sister got some "skinny" jeans the other day... she's a size 12, I'm guessing.

And she really looks dumb in them. Haha.

I'm always telling her ew - because it's like loose on top and bags then gets tighter below her knees and they scrunch up at the bottom. Plus, she wears her damn vans with them. Ugh. She looks like a boy. Anyways, my point is if insensitive where to go a size bigger, it would make the pants look baggier and then the whole fit would look disproportionate. So I think the fit is right... I totally forgot to check old navy for them when I last went. Bah!

On the whole culture thing - I find majority of it true but it's a bit of generalization and I'm sure you all know that. But since I'm a big girl, I'm not going to stay a big girl just because men find it attractive. Pfft. I kinda find that to be pure nonsense in a way. Who cares if one whole culture finds this sexy and that sexy only... when it comes down to it, that person that likes you isn't going to give a shit if your ass is big or not. If that's like a huge priority with them - why the hell be with that person? Kelly said it best that it's all on the eye of beholder - everyone.

And trust me, I've spoken to a lot of white boys who do love curly black or latino chicks - so it's not only "our" thing.

So when some folks say they don't like skinny jeans, I don't think it comes from a place where they believe 'because you're big you shouldn't be wearing'. It's just preference. I don't like capris pants on anyone because it looks like you're going to go sail a boat, not because it's a white people thing and they'd be the only one who looks good in it.

I dunno how we went from skinny jeans to why black men like curves. But hookay.

I voted maybe. I also think they could be a bit shorter and they do make your thighs look really thick. However, I think that outfit overall looks much better than the tenty looking, baggy stuff I see heavier people wear alot. If you're comfortable in them , then wear them. I don't personally like skinny jeans. I don't own any and I'm sure I would look crappy in them. I'm 5'7" and a size 12 and I wear boot cut pretty much all the time. I just prefer that style.

I agree with everyone else that you are kick ass for posting your pic on here and asking for and taking everyone's opinions. That's not easy to do.
worship.gif
7b.gif

I have to say no to that outfit. I just think with your curves you can find something much more flattering.

So I saw a bunch of cool skinny jeans in MNG few days back.. tho i m a size 8/10, i luk hideous in them! i was really tempted to get one afetr seeing my sis (a friggin size 4) wearing, it luked gorge on her! Even when i stepped out of the dressing room, i saw bunch of girls exchanging disapproving glances... MAN! Guess i ll be sticking to my bootcuts!

lol you guys. Thanks for all your comments.

Celly its my thread, lol if i want to talk about big girls in skinny jeans, and then turn it into why black dudes like curves i can.

Its alot easier for me to wear these in a mainly african american populated area, where men will like how my ass and thighs look, than it is for me to wear it in another area where everyone is like OMG becky look at her FAT ass lol. You get my point? But anyway. Big girls, Skinny girls, White Lovelies, Latina Chicas, Black GURLZ lol. Wear whatever the heck you want to wear.

And goddess, next time they look at you like that in a dressing room. I would just say out loud really loud lol. "Cant A Curvy Girl Have some damned PEACE???" Lmao.

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for different cultures having different ideals for body type--I agree. I've noticed that most Asian people seem to prefer skinny girls, and when you see older Asian relatives, they always notice any weight gain! haha. :|

I've also noticed that most Asian girls are usually very skinny. Most of my friends are under a size 4. I am one of the few in my group of friends who are not. (But they're also petite...around 5')

OMG I completely agree with you!!! Everytime I see my aunt she always comments on how I've gained weight. And at work, everyone always teases me for supposedly being "too tiny". I have gained weight recently...which my bf loves LOL...

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif However, I think that outfit overall looks much better than the tenty looking, baggy stuff I see heavier people wear alot. If you're comfortable in them , then wear them. I completely agree!! I see curvy girls hide their curves too often, and I think that's just wrong. They seem to think that wearing big clothes to hide their curves makes them look better. A total no-no in the WNTW book! Right? Clothes that fit and accent the right places are a way better choice. Insensitive, I love your curves!!! I wish I had 'em! My bf would probably never let me leave the bed...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by la_chinita /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG I completely agree with you!!! Everytime I see my aunt she always comments on how I've gained weight. And at work, everyone always teases me for supposedly being "too tiny". I have gained weight recently...which my bf loves LOL...

I completely agree!! I see curvy girls hide their curves too often, and I think that's just wrong. They seem to think that wearing big clothes to hide their curves makes them look better. A total no-no in the WNTW book! Right? Clothes that fit and accent the right places are a way better choice. Insensitive, I love your curves!!! I wish I had 'em! My bf would probably never let me leave the bed...
wink.gif

I think we all wish we had your boyfriend lmao!!!

At work, all of the black girls (not African-American) watch my thighs like a hawk! In fact, we had a conversation about it a few weeks ago. One of them always ask me, depending on which pants I'm wearing, "Did you lose some weight?" I say to myself, 'Why is she always watching my thighs!' Sheesh.

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif I chose maybe.
For that particular pair, I think they may be a bit too long for you, and too tapered at the end, so around your ankle it looks a little unproportional.

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif maybe some higher heels? they look a bit too long imo. other than that, you're looking good, girl! great thread! I agree with Nox too, take it to a seamstress and get the zipper raised and alter it to fit yr height. Other than that sing in yr jeans!!!

I think they look fine on bigger girls, as long as you wear your size.

Nothing drives me crazy more in fashion than a bigger woman who wears stuff that is just flat out too small.

I think you pull them off just fine!!! It's good you are comfy in your body
smile.gif

Originally Posted by PerfectMistake /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think they look fine on bigger girls, as long as you wear your size.
Nothing drives me crazy more in fashion than a bigger woman who wears stuff that is just flat out too small.

I think you pull them off just fine!!! It's good you are comfy in your body
smile.gif

Girl dont i know it!!

Females wear things two sizes too small.

Looking like a busted can of biscuits.

I think it doesn't have to do with what size you are, but what your body shape is ..I can't see the picture yet, so I can't say much else : /

I just went to Old Navy and bought some skinny jeans - same size... but it didn't really look so skinny. Haha. A bit baggy and long and the bottom. I just folded them up because they were regular size - I really love them. I bought flats to wear them for everyday wear and my mami said it looked good on me.

Thanks for pointing me to get them at that store, insensitive.

Back