Big Girls Skinny Jeans

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know as a size 12 ish girl of Italian descent I have gotta say rock it.

The only people who truely say 'no way over a size 2' are either bigger like myself but not self assured, or are skinny and feel special. lol.

Men of ALL etnicities find women with curves attractive. I have found it is not in any way distinctive to one paticular race.

While men tend to gravitate towards what society will approve of it has been found in many studies(if you like I will google for stats) that rarely do men find the zero body fat waif look to be sexy.

Now put a girl in front of them with hips, thighs, and booty to spare and the jaws hit the floor.

All women are stunning in thier own right, but to assume ones with curves are somehow less desirable doesn't really hold water.

I have been a size 5 most of my life, got attention then.

But I have to say I get more from Hubby and passers by than I did before.

Skinny chicks be proud, be healthy and do your thing.

Big girls enjoy them curves and be healthy as well!

Skinny doesn't naturally = healthy.
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just went to Old Navy and bought some skinny jeans - same size... but it didn't really look so skinny. Haha. A bit baggy and long and the bottom. I just folded them up because they were regular size - I really love them. I bought flats to wear them for everyday wear and my mami said it looked good on me.
Thanks for pointing me to get them at that store, insensitive.

No prob celly.

I say it's okay to wear skinny jeans if you're a big girl. As long as you are comfy in your own body and you feel good wearing something, then by all means do it!

I'm 5'3 and a size 16-18. I only wear athletic clothes anymore, but I am working out and trying to shed some pounds, but I'll never be that "perfect" size 2. I'd like to get to a size 9 but would be happy in a size 12. The last pair of skinny jeans I wore were a size 14 and I think I looked hot in them. Just MHO.

Here is a pic of me in them. Remember, they are a size 14 and I'm only 5'3. Oh, yeah, and you can't really see the pants all that well, but it does show the booty & hips. LoL

*This pic is about a year and a half old... my hair is down to my waist now and back to it's natural color. LoL*

Attachment 38115

I think as women we should celebrate our curves but at the same time still dress to flatter. With that said skinny jeans on a plus size woman is not flattering. Yes of course this is America and you should wear whatever you want to. But you did ask for opinions. I think one should still practice the art that is dressing to flatter your body type.

I'm not fond of this style even on a 6 ft size 2 model. But, I will even go as far as to say that once a skinny jean goes into the plus size arena it ceases to be a skinny jean and just looks like someone's wearing the wrong size jeans. We larger girls fill out those jeans and just make them look like they are the wrong size as if we had to lay on the bed to zip em' up. That's not flattering to anyone. Check out some old late seventies/early eighties photos for reference of this.

You have some fabulous tata's and a lil' waist. That same top and heels would be hot in a pair of trouser jeans with a bootleg cut. You could rock that style all over the place and look completely chic and pulled together.

I'm not sure of your age but I will say that getting the look of being completely pulled together can have a lot to do with trial and error and so the older you are the more you come to realize this. Rather than proving to the world you can grab onto the current trend and wear it even if it's not your best look you could start now focusing on what you know works and stick to it. I have lots of pics of my trial and errors LOL!!! But you have a fabulous figure and there is no reason you couldn't be using it to its fullest advantage
smile.gif

I'd like to try them too..lol but I'm a size 15/17 curvy body type..

40-31-46

so..idk how it would look

plus it's hard to find my size in stores..most don't even have my size T_T

Hey, great to hear your confidence and that you love showing off your curves and are so comfortable in them. BIG CONGRATS TO YOU, HON! However, I voted no, and I'll tell you why. And keep in mind this is coming from a size 18 girl herself. I wouldn't wear skinny jeans, not because I'm not proud of my curves, but because of the disproportionate affect I think they create. Because my hips are so much wider than my ankles, and the jeans draw the eye in a visual line straight down from the hips to the ankles, they emphasize this difference, in effect making me look like an orange supported by toothpicks. And since I'm also an artist, I'm not a fan of this. So I tend to prefer skirts/jeans that hug the hips but flare at or just past the knee to help balance things out. This creates a slimmer visual line overall. However, I know odd angles can be big hits in the fashion industry, and if you love them & feel stunning and traffic-stopping in them, then I'd say go for it girl, and WORK THOSE PANTS! ;-)

P.S. - Bellagigi, you made some great points too!!

i think if you are confident enough to wear them, and style them nicely they look good on anysize.

ps. i really like those jeans on you i shoudl prob start looking at old navy for jeans

I love my skinny jeans, and I am 5'1 and I wear size 20, this is by the way, UK size. I am an Asian girl (Bangladeshi) and most asian big ladies do not attempt to wear skinnys coz they are so fitted and shows all the lumps and bumps. But I think they look quite good on me. I wear it with dresses or longish tops so it doesn't show too much of how big my thighs look. I also have a big butt that although I really don't have a huge problem with, I just don't have the confidence to walk out with waist length tops. My hubby personally likes my big backside, so I'm happy with that.
smile.gif

I think it looks great on you, you should be happy with what you wear unlike myself I wouldn't go out with my thighs and butt showing because I don't have the confidence. If I did have your confidence then I probably would have gone out wearing it with shorter tops but right now it's not for me. Maybe if I was 2 sizes smaller, maybe...

I love wearing my jeans with flats or heels, heels help to make short legs appear longer and also helps the jeans to drop better on us bigger girls. Never wear it with any boots longer than the ankle it will only make you look shorter as it cuts your legs short.

But yeah, I think you look fab.
smile.gif

My 2 cents. It depends on your type of figure. Apple shape...maybe not, it depends on the length of your legs and where they hit you in the waist. Too low, probably a bad look (and this is true from size zero to 42. Pear shape. That's tricky. Do you have long or short legs? How skinny are they? If you are a pear with skinny legs....you'll proably look like an ice cream cone. And a bit out of proportion. If you have skinny legs, no hips and no butt skinny jeans can look cute. If you have hips, no butt and skinny legs...not really cute. If you have long legs, hips and a butt, skinny jeans can work. It is a little harder depending on where you are on the drumstick leg scale, and what your hip/waist ratio is on how the look will work. Most importantly, pick jeans that fit well in the waist, so you don't have plumber crack or cupcake.

For the record, I am about a size 18 short torsoed pear shaped girl (my figure is much like a bigger version of Beyonce, but I have big breasts.) I have tried on about a dozen pairs of these skinny jeans. Half of them were really cute and the other half made my legs look like super drumsticks. So I think you can rock them...with the appropriate caveats.

Latest posts

Back