Bigger Eyes - tips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have tips on making eyes bigger?

i use masacara, eyelash curler, eyeshadow and eyeliner everyday, is there any tips or tricks using these tools that can make my eyes bigger?

Here are some tips that I found online:

After applying your normal eyeliner on the outer rim of your lower lid, finish it off with some white eyeliner on the inner rim. This will give the illusion of your eyes being larger. Apply mascara only to the top lashes.

Eyeliner is the key. As you line your eyes, start in the middle and first go towards your nose. Then start at the middle again and line towards your outer eye, and as you go out this way make the liner bigger (thicker). This gives the illusion of a longer, bigger eye! Then put light eyeshadow on the inside part of the eyelid, darker eyeshadow on the outer part of the eyelid and in the crease of your eyelid. Then lighter underneath your brow. Make sure you blend it all together well so that it doesn't look tacky!

Originally Posted by Marisol Here are some tips that I found online:
After applying your normal eyeliner on the outer rim of your lower lid, finish it off with some white eyeliner on the inner rim. This will give the illusion of your eyes being larger. Apply mascara only to the top lashes.

Eyeliner is the key. As you line your eyes, start in the middle and first go towards your nose. Then start at the middle again and line towards your outer eye, and as you go out this way make the liner bigger (thicker). This gives the illusion of a longer, bigger eye! Then put light eyeshadow on the inside part of the eyelid, darker eyeshadow on the outer part of the eyelid and in the crease of your eyelid. Then lighter underneath your brow. Make sure you blend it all together well so that it doesn't look tacky!

I use this mascara rule all the time (only top lashes). It's very effective, at least for me.

another tip: put some extra mascara on your outer upper lashes and really bring the mascara wand out to the tips of your lashes in that area. I always do that and it does make a huge difference, at least for me

Originally Posted by MAC omg sugar soul, you are so cute....is that you in your avatar?
The mascara on the uppers is the trick!

if that´s really you dunno why you´re asking that question. your eyes are amazingly big-so gorgeous!!

Using concealer to cover dark circles will at least make your eyes brighter and more awake looking which can help make them look bigger. Also wearing an e/s color that makes your eye color pop can help.

Originally Posted by sugersoul Does anyone have tips on making eyes bigger?

i use masacara, eyelash curler, eyeshadow and eyeliner everyday, is there any tips or tricks using these tools that can make my eyes bigger?

Originally Posted by MAC omg sugar soul, you are so cute....is that you in your avatar?
The mascara on the uppers is the trick!

awww thank u
smile.gif
that's such a sweet comment! hehe i look 'small' in that pic, but in reality i am a 5"9, 125 pound giant~!
thanx for the tip
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle if that´s really you dunno why you´re asking that question. your eyes are amazingly big-so gorgeous!! omg!! thnx so much!!
biggrin.gif
hehe cause i use ALOT of eyeliner on my eyes
smile.gif

First of all, your eyes are way bigger than mine, you don't need to make them look bigger! I would LOVE to have your eyes! :icon_love

Anyways, try checking out this thread in the Tutorial section:

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=3055

Some other tips I have learned:

• Eyeliner or eyeshadow on the lower llids always make my eyes look smaller so I never use it. Eyeliner on the upper lids is fine (in fact, when applied right next to your lashline, it can make your eyelashes look thicker!)
  • Light colored shadows open up your eyes, while dark colors will make them look smaller. Too dark of a color in the crease can also make your eyes look a little small.
  • Curling your lashes also really opens up your eyes -- as you probably already know!

I do what Arielle recommended...load up the mascara on the outer upper lashes, and by applying lighter eyeshadow in the inner corners, it really seems elongate my eye and give it a lift.

The white liner on the inner rim works, but I actually like using a beige color instead of a white...it's a little more subtle and natural looking.

Originally Posted by Trisha yeah beige is much more flattering than white! MAC's Tendered Powerpoint is great for this x Aw, now I think I need to get a light beige liner! I have a white kajal that I bought for Halloween last year, and tried it, but it looked just like that; a too-light liner and a bit weird, not like I had bigger eyes! Do you think a pearly pink color would work, or would that make eyes look tired?

I totally agree with the extra mascara on the outer lashes - makes a HUGE difference for me!!

I know what NOT to do: DO NOT connect liner from top line to bottom line in corner of eye--connecting the lines makes eyes look smaller. I also concentrate most of my mascara application at the corners of my eyes.

Originally Posted by sugersoul Does anyone have tips on making eyes bigger?

Hi
A good tip to make your eyes look bigger is to make sure your eyeshadow is darker on the outer corners and to use a white eyeliner on the tearducts on the very inside of the eye. This will give the illusion that the eye is bigger.

Lorraine

www.moving-overseas-guide.com

I have made a recent discovery about eyeliner: eyeliner seems to be okay on the bottom lid, as long as you only apply it to the outer 1/3 to 1/2 of your lid!
smile.gif
Something about eyeliner all the way across the bottom lid is what closes up your eyes!

Latest posts

Back