Bio oil is great under mmu

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i had to share this with anyone who uses mmu,bio oil (found at walgreens or on ebay)my mmu melted right into my skin with this oil ,no greasy feeling at all it absorbed quickly,this oil is great for acne scars,freckles and aging skin ,ive heard all the raves about it and had to try it,so glad i did ,and i had no breakouts,i have been using it for a week already ,so it seems to agree with my senseitive skin,and its only 11.00 for a 2oz bottle only a tiny amout is needed so this bottle should last me along time,oh and it smells so good
smile.gif

sorry for the crappy pic,just learning how to do this
smile.gif
bear with me,i will try and take a better picture with the list of ingredients !

Does it work like a primer or in place of a moisturizer ? Dangit, I'm a sucker for skin treatments. I don't have time to apply what I have :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

moa.gif
Ok, Going to find how to access my wishlist now. But I'm not buying it THIS month

I have Bio Oil and I have been using it on a scar. I am going to start using it as a MMU Primer=) Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have Bio Oil and I have been using it on a scar. I am going to start using it as a MMU Primer=) Thanks for the heads up! did it fade the scar? ive only been using it for a week so i really didnt notice a difference yet,but i love the way it makes the mmu melt into my skin,very natural looking
smile.gif
and also good for the skin,love the multi tasking!

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does it work like a primer or in place of a moisturizer ? Dangit, I'm a sucker for skin treatments. I don't have time to apply what I have :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> in place of a moisturizer and then apply a touch of primer ,finally got this mmu thing down
smile.gif

This site .: Bio Oil :. says:

Paraffinum Liquidum

Triisononanoin

Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate

Isopropyl Myristate

Retinyl Palmitate

Tocopheryl Acetate

Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil

Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil

Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil

Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil

Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil

BHT

Bisabolol

Parfum

Amyl Cinnamal

Benzyl Salicylate

Citronellol

Coumarin

Eugenol

Geraniol

Hydroxycitronellal

Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde

Limonene

Linalool

Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

CI 26100

PurCellin Oilâ„¢

PurCellin Oilâ„¢ is a laboratory recreation of the preen gland oil of ducks. During preening, a duck secretes oil from its preen gland and distributes it over its entire plumage in the familiar twisted-neck action that one often associates with ducks. This oil creates a thin, non-greasy layer on the surface of the feathers without which water would not pearl off and the bird would struggle to swim.

It is interesting to note that water birds, which inspired the development of PurCellin OilTM have been repaid the favor…

PurCellin Oilâ„¢ forms the basis for the method recommended by the National Wildlife Health Foundation for rapid restoration of oil-soiled water birds.

Thanks for the great information about Bio Oil's ingredients. I should have been using Bio Oil since after my surgery January 2007. But even using it now makes the scar appear less raised.

Bio Oil hella broke me out.. same thing with my friend. I think it works really well for some people only.

Bio Oil contains Paraffinum Liquidum which is know for its commendogenic proprties, and I would not recommend it for a person which has acne prone skin. It may do more bad than good.

I've been using Bio-oil as a nightime moisturizer and I really slather it on my skin! I was quite worried it would make me breakout since it has paraffinum liquidum in it, but I was luckily surprised to notice it didn't. It's a really good moisturizer...my skin is so soft in the morning when it has absorbed in my skin at night. I've also noticed it does fade scars (acne scars in my case), but you have to use it for a while to see the difference.

Never thought of using it under my MMU, since I want to wear an spf-moisturizer. Besides, Bio-oil can look a bit greasy if applied too much on skin.

I never thought of using Bio-oil on my face, I've been using it for years as a body moisturiser, and it's been great! I've got fairly dry skin on my face, and will now be trying it out as a moisturiser instead of my usual stuff. Thanks for the tip!

I don't like the feeling of oils on my face.

can someone recommend on something to put under my mineral makeup and wil not clogs the pores?

or will break out?
frown.gif

I had to try this after reading raves about it on several spots. Unfortunately it broke me out. I do like the idea of Lysette's Rose oil. I'm going to try that next.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't like the feeling of oils on my face. can someone recommend on something to put under my mineral makeup and wil not clogs the pores?

or will break out?
frown.gif

Try Korres Pomegranate Moisturizer. It's light formula is made for people with oily/acne-prone skin, plus it contains SPF (bonus!).

Originally Posted by GirlPaint.com /img/forum/go_quote.gif Try Korres Pomegranate Moisturizer. It's light formula is made for people with oily/acne-prone skin, plus it contains SPF (bonus!). I like this! Thanks

Latest posts

Back