Birchbox April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything but ojon hair products sounds great. Me and Ojon are not friends. Their products are horrible and made my hair super oily and greasy 

Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Everything but ojon hair products sounds great. Me and Ojon are not friends. Their products are horrible and made my hair super oily and greasy 
They didn't make my hair oily or greasy...they just didn't do anything lol I noticed no difference, at all!

Oooh, this month sounds really nice. I also agree with above, it's never too early to start talking about the next BB month!! 
laughing.gif

I would LOVE to try the Nexxus Hydra-Light Leave in conditioning foam. I really, really hope I don't get another Ojon product, my hair and Ojon just don't mix

You guys can all hand your Ojon products to me lol my hair LOVES Ojon but it's so expensive...

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You guys can all hand your Ojon products to me lol my hair LOVES Ojon but it's so expensive...
Yep Ojons works great for me too.

Just because they didn't work on your hair does not make them horrible products. My favorite shampoo, conditioner, and dry shampoo are all made by Ojon - and I'm clearly not the only person who gets good results from their products.

I'm always hesitant to look at spoilers for beauty boxes so I don't get disappointed if I don't get what I want, but there is so much I want to try in that spoiler list. I don't think there's a great chance of me being all that disappointed in my April box. 

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm always hesitant to look at spoilers for beauty boxes so I don't get disappointed if I don't get what I want, but there is so much I want to try in that spoiler list. I don't think there's a great chance of me being all that disappointed in my April box. 
Yeah there are SO many interesting products that I hope I get at least one of them!

Urgh, March's project turned out to be blush, and now I'm thinking April's will be concealer, so I'm hoping there's one in this box. I don't know anything about the stuff, so I need to try a good-sized sample for several days before I actually buy any. Maybe I'll see if I can sweet talk someone at Sephora into giving me a mini sampler palette so I can compare a few different ones since I probably won't get any from Birchbox.

Ah, I'm not sure what to do now. I got my March box today and was so disappointed. I use less and less samples with each box I receive, it just hasn't seemed worth it lately. I was hoping we wouldn't get a special box for a while, haha. What to do....

Originally Posted by Kaylay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it terrible I'm already so excited for April?
Not at all, as soon as I get my box I'm like so what's next month lol.

Lots of things/brands I wouldn't mind trying. I love Ojon and Kiehl's already, so anything from them would be great. If that blush and some tea came my way, I certainly wouldn't complain. This month's box was probably my biggest dud to date, so I'm really excited for April's box.

I'm finding myself hoping for a blush, which is flat-out *bizarre* since I'm forty-one and had never used blush on my own (that is, excluding makeup counter makeovers) until this month.  Then I found an essence blush at Fred Meyer (the only chain the the US that is carrying that particular essence trend edition), and I liked the way it made my Missha-covered skin not look pasty.  

Then I got the February Starlooks Starbox with the bright pink fluid blush and the Lauren Clark Signature box with the coral fluid blush, then I got the Benetint mini from Birchbox, then I got the January Starlooks Starbox with the peach powder blush, and *then* I just received the 3-in-1 blush/lip/eye color from Beauty Army today.  So that's... six blushes in less than three weeks after more than four decades of not wearing it.  I have *no need* for another blush, but I still find myself hoping, maybe because getting it in a box means I'm not actually *buying* it, so I don't have to feel guilty about yet another one taking up space in my makeup box.  

(But I *am* wearing them all, depending on what I'm wearing.  Well, except for the BA one since I just got it this afternoon, and I'm already wearing the January Starbox powder blush right now.  It's not like I got them and then just let them languish unused.  Except the Benetint.  I haven't used that one yet.  I think I'll play with it tomorrow and see how well we get along.)

Originally Posted by GiggleBlush /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, I'm not sure what to do now. I got my March box today and was so disappointed. I use less and less samples with each box I receive, it just hasn't seemed worth it lately. I was hoping we wouldn't get a special box for a while, haha. What to do....
I know the feeling, at least in some respects. I have so many unused samples (or used once) just laying around, to the point where I debate just cancelling. At least for awhile. But, the prospect of special boxes like this keeps me around. Clever Birchbox.

So in true Birch Box fashion I assume the box will contain only "some" of the featured products and not "all" of them?  

Found this in Instragram looks like the April video pic! Is that a Pacifica body lotion she's holding in her hand? Looks familiar, wait I think it's the Ojon!

Found this in Instragram looks like the April video pic! Is that a Pacifica body lotion she's holding in her hand? Looks familiar

Back