Birchbox April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So in true Birch Box fashion I assume the box will contain only "some" of the featured products and not "all" of them?  
This is my guess!  I would be shocked if they actually sent out every one of these products in April's boxes.

Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Found this in Instragram looks like the April video pic! Is that a Pacifica body lotion she's holding in her hand? Looks familiar

Does the white tube iwth the purple bar on it look like some kind of Strivectin product to anyone else?  I have a stretch mark cream that looks slimilar but with a pink bar.

ETA: It looks like the SD eye concentrate maybe?  But the full size looks big for an eye cream to me.

I could be seeing what I want but that golden tube/bottle on the right with a black cap looks like The Caudalie Divine Oil...eithet that or hairspray which isn't as likely.

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could be seeing what I want but that golden tube/bottle on the right with a black cap looks like The Caudalie Divine Oil...eithet that or hairspray which isn't as likely.
Definitely looks the same to me... although I wouldn't be surprised with a hairspray or some kind of hair product in an aerosol can... Seems like they've been sending them out for the last few months!

Definitely looks the same to me... although I wouldn't be surprised with a hairspray or some kind of hair product in an aerosol can... Seems like they've been sending them out for the last few months!
When I looked at the box spoiler photo floating around as a promo picture, it was indeed the oil.

Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Found this in Instragram looks like the April video pic! Is that a Pacifica body lotion she's holding in her hand? Looks familiar
It's not the Pacifica.  It's Ojon's Rare Blend Deep Conditioner.  It's the one that's in the first picture that showed all the items in front of the box.

The only items out of that first box picture I wouldn't want to try are that conditioner, Strivectin and the Kiehl's line cream because one of the first two ingredients in all of them is a silicone, and I don't use them on my skin/hair anymore.  Everything else besides the Whish that I've already received would be interesting!  Anyone have any idea what the purple bottles in the middle are?

Nevermind.  It's probably the Willa moisturizer... that I've got a bottle and a half of and don't use anymore since I discovered face oils...

Originally Posted by decayeddoll82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just signed up for the waitlist. Box addict anonymous for me please! Lol
smile.gif
Ugh yes. I keep thinking the same about Ipsy. I'm going to do it one day, and that will be the day I've truly given up.

I keep thinking I will cancel and they keep sucking me in for another month because I want to see what is in the box! I'm pathetic! LOL

excited about the women's health subscription! I've seen Ojon and Caudalie in prior boxes, but hoping there will be other brands I haven't tried yet!

A little off topic - buttttt...anyone who has been with birchbox for 6 months, have you got your 20% off code? I feel like I should have gotten it by now. 

At first I thought I was on the wrong thread cause I was like "it's not April already."  And yea, it is (next box being April's and April being less than 2 weeks away)

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm finding myself hoping for a blush, which is flat-out *bizarre* since I'm forty-one and had never used blush on my own (that is, excluding makeup counter makeovers) until this month.  Then I found an essence blush at Fred Meyer (the only chain the the US that is carrying that particular essence trend edition), and I liked the way it made my Missha-covered skin not look pasty.  

Then I got the February Starlooks Starbox with the bright pink fluid blush and the Lauren Clark Signature box with the coral fluid blush, then I got the Benetint mini from Birchbox, then I got the January Starlooks Starbox with the peach powder blush, and *then* I just received the 3-in-1 blush/lip/eye color from Beauty Army today.  So that's... six blushes in less than three weeks after more than four decades of not wearing it.  I have *no need* for another blush, but I still find myself hoping, maybe because getting it in a box means I'm not actually *buying* it, so I don't have to feel guilty about yet another one taking up space in my makeup box.  

(But I *am* wearing them all, depending on what I'm wearing.  Well, except for the BA one since I just got it this afternoon, and I'm already wearing the January Starbox powder blush right now.  It's not like I got them and then just let them languish unused.  Except the Benetint.  I haven't used that one yet.  I think I'll play with it tomorrow and see how well we get along.)
That's the thing I love about the beauty subs - it gives us the opportunity to try things we ordinarily wouldn't try, and gets us out of our beauty ruts without breaking the bank.  I'm 52 and I have never used hair styling products except hair spray until I started getting them in my boxes.  I couldn't live without my Orofluido now, and have fallen in love with the Potion 9 that came in my Man Repeller Glossybox a couple of months ago.  I've received 2 cans of dry shampoo that I now know I don't like, however the other day I tried the Lulu Organics hair powder sample I received in a Birchbox over the summer and love it.  It never would have even occurred to me to try these products if I hadn't received them in a beauty sample box.

I'm getting excited for April's box now!  There are several brands/products on the list someone here posted that I would love to try!  I would also welcome a deal on a subscription to Women's Health!

This is off topic, but I just want to share.  I purchased Alessandro's Express Polish Dry with my points.  This stuff is AMAZING!  I've used it twice so far.  The first time was for a quick polish touch-up one day before leaving for work.  I already had on a base coat, 2 coats of polish and a top coat, but it was looking a little worn and I wanted to refresh so just applied another coat of polish. Immediately afterwards I applied the Express Polish Dry.  My nails were dry before I could finish putting it on the last nail!  The 2nd time I used it was for a full polish change - base coat, 2 coats of polish and a top coat.  I waited less than a minute between each layer.  It took a little longer to dry completely than it did the first time, but my nails were completely dry in less than 5 minutes.  It does have a chemical smell in the bottle, but its faint when applied to the nails and dissipates quickly.  The bottle has a push button dropper type of applicator that makes it easy to put just a single drop on each nail, and not a brush that could smear polish like some other quick dry products.  No more smudged polish - yippee!

Ooh, I got the Alessandro matte top coat with my points and loooooove it!!

Originally Posted by gracewilson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does the white tube iwth the purple bar on it look like some kind of Strivectin product to anyone else?  I have a stretch mark cream that looks slimilar but with a pink bar.

ETA: It looks like the SD eye concentrate maybe?  But the full size looks big for an eye cream to me.

The label on the picture you posted says Strivectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles. I

II really hope I don't get anything from that brand, as I had a reaction to it when I tried it previously.  I just know it will be in both my boxes though!

Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, I got the Alessandro matte top coat with my points and loooooove it!!
I really like this brand.  I haven't tried the top coats or polishes but I love the Alessandro Handi-spa hand cream.  I got samples in both my boxes the month BB included it, purchased the full size and got a couple more samples with the Plus Two offer they have. (I go through a lot of hand cream!) I hope they have more Alessandro products in the future! 

Edit:  I just checked out the Alessandro products in the shop.  The matte top coat looks great.  I haven't tried matte nails, but I like the look a lot. 

I used to wear a Sally Hansen base coat/top coat and then switched to separate top and base coats (Essie).  I still use the Essie base coat, but I now use a cheap (as in 99 cents cheap) NYC top coat. It's very shiny and really prolongs the life of my manicures. I like it better than Essie and Sally Hansen top coats.  It's the best one I've tried yet.

Edit #2 - I forgot to mention Essie As Gold As It Gets top coat.  It has gold flakies.  I received it my Teen Vogue Birchbox a year ago.  I've used about half the bottle so far.  I love how it adds a little sparkle to my regular cream polishes.  I sometimes use this when my mani is a couple of days old to change the look without having to change my polish and add a little sparkle.

Latest posts

Back