Birchbox January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually will use darker foundations for contouring.. works great! Preferably, I'd want a perfect match, but that's a veeeeery long shot lol!

Maybe they will roll out some more specific profile questions. (Doubt it though haha)

i just realized out of my two boxes this month i got 5 out of the 6 products they had in the sneak peek video, 4 from the month before.  I wonder if this month will be the same...

The profile questions don't seem to have any influence on my box except for the color of the cc cream. I have on my profile that my splurge item would be polish. The only polish I've recvieved this whole year are two Color Club minis. They aren't supposed to send repeats but I guess it doesn't count if it is a different color huh. I don't know whether to go ahead and cancel or wait a while longer. I may get a polish next month, lol!

Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The profile questions don't seem to have any influence on my box except for the color of the cc cream. I have on my profile that my splurge item would be polish. The only polish I've recvieved this whole year are two Color Club minis. They aren't supposed to send repeats but I guess it doesn't count if it is a different color huh. I don't know whether to go ahead and cancel or wait a while longer. I may get a polish next month, lol!
I just leave my splurge item blank. I've gotten better (at least to me) boxes since. I think this was mentioned elsewhere a while ago, but it might seem like BB doesn't give you the splurge items in your boxes because you've stated that you'll spend money on that type of item - you'll buy those items anyway. So they might try to send you items other than your splurge items to get you to spend money on other things as well, items that you typically wouldn't splurge on.

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just leave my splurge item blank. I've gotten better (at least to me) boxes since. I think this was mentioned elsewhere a while ago, but it might seem like BB doesn't give you the splurge items in your boxes because you've stated that you'll spend money on that type of item - you'll buy those items anyway. So they might try to send you items other than your splurge items to get you to spend money on other things as well, items that you typically wouldn't splurge on.
 by that logic, if I put hair products I'll never get another damn hair mask again. Guh I hate those.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

by that logic, if I put hair products I'll never get another damn hair mask again. Guh I hate those.
i left mine blank for the first time last month and i got the punishment box 
frown.gif

I have foundations as my splurge item and I always get the face samples like Jouer, Miracle Skin transformer, various other face creams and serums, and this month the CC cream.

Originally Posted by wishinstar777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have foundations as my splurge item and I always get the face samples like Jouer, Miracle Skin transformer, various other face creams and serums, and this month the CC cream.
then there is definitely no method to the madness. I had a splurge item before and I never got items related to what I had put down.

then there is definitely no method to the madness. I had a splurge item before and I never got items related to what I had put down.
I think they try but can't guarantee anything.

Originally Posted by wishinstar777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here!  Dr. Jart in Sept, Joanna Vargas serum in Oct, Miracle Skin Transformer in Nov, and the Juice CC cream this month for me, with face cream as my splurge (wouldn't be surprised if they lump that and foundation in the same category).

Same here!  Dr. Jart in Sept, Joanna Vargas serum in Oct, Miracle Skin Transformer in Nov, and the Juice CC cream this month for me, with face cream as my splurge (wouldn't be surprised if they lump that and foundation in the same category).
When I saw the CC cream in the preview video, I knew I would get it and I did! Haha!

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YAY it works for you too!, I am fairly sure I was the one who started this trend, most people said to pick something you dislike as your splurge, I found out accidently that my account that had a lot of blank answers was getting tons of awesome stuff (as in the coveted samples and nearly 1 full size item each month) 

Now both accounts have blank splurges, and they both get really great boxes each month.

Back