Birchbox Man: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boyfriend got the little speaker pod thing and it worked great the first time we used it but I went to plug in my ipod this morning and it doesn't work anymore. Is this happening to anyone else?

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My boyfriend got the little speaker pod thing and it worked great the first time we used it but I went to plug in my ipod this morning and it doesn't work anymore. Is this happening to anyone else?
I read on the BB web-site that it has to be recharged via the USB cable or something to that effect. We're trying that now as we had the exact same issue!

Here's my husbands box:

Originally Posted by Jessica Stocker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read on the BB web-site that it has to be recharged via the USB cable or something to that effect. We're trying that now as we had the exact same issue!
Haha we realized this later on when we checked the box it came in and found the little charger. I was so bummed because I thought it was already broken. But it's actually a really neat item.

us the usb to speaker to charge, when the light goes out its good to go. then use the 3.5 to 3.5 inch cable for some good tunes!

My boyfriend just got a 3-mo BB man subscription from his brother and future sister-in-law. I think I was more excited than he was! It'll be interesting to see if he actually uses the grooming products - he's a t-shit and jeans kind of a guy. He doesn't even own a comb or brush! I've been trying to convince him to start geling his hair, though, so maybe this will convince him to try it.

He really, really wants the tie this month. Luckily, looking at the box variations on Zadi's blog, I'm thinking he'll get one. The last two (with the ties) look like welcome boxes to me. 

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My boyfriend just got a 3-mo BB man subscription from his brother and future sister-in-law. I think I was more excited than he was! It'll be interesting to see if he actually uses the grooming products - he's a t-shit and jeans kind of a guy. He doesn't even own a comb or brush! I've been trying to convince him to start geling his hair, though, so maybe this will convince him to try it.

He really, really wants the tie this month. Luckily, looking at the box variations on Zadi's blog, I'm thinking he'll get one. The last two (with the ties) look like welcome boxes to me. 
My boyfriend was the same way - before he met me he used bar soap on his face, hair, and body haha. He was always jealous when I would get a package each month so I signed him up for a 3 month trial last summer and it's changed his whole outlook on taking care of his hair and skin. I think he was suprised to find out that there are different products for different parts of your body lol. It's so cute seeing him really get excited about some facewash or cologne and he's actually used his points to purchase a few full size products. He is currently obsessed with the Mr. Natty's Beard Elixir I got him for Christmas. It smells awesome and noticeably softens his beard.

We got the tie last month and it's not really his style at all, if for some reason you don't get one I'm sure he wouldn't mine me trading it.

So, I got my boyfriend a BB Man subscription two months ago.  I was really unsure of what he would think of using high end products (he's used Axe for years), but I decided to give it a shot and see what he thought when he got the box. 

He loved it!  And it actually spurred a bit of a realization that he wanted to grow up a bit with regard to his style.  He got the Proraso shaving cream in his first box and fell in love with it.  So I got him a full-sized tube and he thought it was the coolest, most old school thing ever that it was in all Italian.  He liked it so much in fact, that he then challenged me to find him a good deodorant to replace his Axe deodorant.  Challenge accepted.  I got him Pit Boss from Sephora and he immediately ditched the Axe deodorant. 

It's not that I dislike Axe products, I've actually thought they smelled fairly nice.  But I have to say, this Jack Black Pit Boss has a great smell.  I actually was hugging my boyfriend after he had put it on the first time, not realizing he had just used it, and I asked him what cologne that was he was wearing.  I told him it was really nice.  He got a big grin on his face and told me it was the deodorant and didn't it smell amazing?  Score one for the girlfriend!  I even told him it was $15 deodorant and he was completely ok with that. *shock*

My next challenge: a body wash to replace his Axe body wash.  Still working on that one...

But overall, I'd say hooray for BB Man :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back