Birchbox Man: The June boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an email from BBMan. Here's what it said:

Hey there,

You may have noticed your June box has a sample of Kérastase Shampoo that is a bit, er, smaller than you would expect from Birchbox Man. Due to a warehouse mixup we mistakenly sent you this packet instead of the larger, trial-size sample we intended to include and Kérastase wanted you to have! This type of error is unacceptable and we will be taking immediate action to fix it. We will ship you the correct sample by June 1st.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you,
Birchbox Man

Oops! Looks like they goofed. And my box is in NJ & nowhere near my house LOL.

Oh & my BF's box weighs 1.0700. I think this will be his last month even though he loved the socks from the last box. I even bought him another pair when fab was having a sale. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Umm...are they offering any different items besides the watch?  I know my boyfriend hates watches, and I don't think the style of that watch is that great so I'm hoping he doesn't get that, but I imagine they probably put the watches in every box =/.   I feel bad because he was so excited about getting the box but it doesn't seem much better than last month's.  The watch seriously reminds of one of those cheap jelly watches I wore when I was 10. I guess we'll just sell it on Ebay (is there a large desire for that watch?).

Yes, there are definitely different boxes. My boyfriend's box came today and he got the John Varvatos cologne sample and the Kerastase shampoo, but he also got a bag of spicy caramel bacon popcorn (yum!), the Zirh shave gel that some people got last month, and two decks of vintage playing cards. So glad he didn't get the watch, haha. The playing cards are fun—they're old fashioned and have drink recipes and word searches, etc., on the back.

My BF thought last month's box was pretty great and he thinks this one is just so-so, so he said it averages out to pretty good. I'm so shocked so many people hated the socks—my BF is a super-chic GQ sorta guy who loves fun socks with his suits so it was perfect for him. 

Someone on another forum received:

- Kerastase Homme Bain Capital Force Anti-Oiliness Shampoo (the foil packet)
- Zirh Shave Gel (small tube)
- John Varvatos Star USA cologne 
- Dan & Dave Playing Cards (two packs)
- Ovenly Spicy Bacon Caramel Corn 

ETA:  Now that someone has said that there are drink recipes and other nifty things on them, I kind of want them!I love fun decks of playing cards.  I have a deck with stills from the _Nightmare on Elm Street_ series, classic cocktails, and (I think.  I actually haven't seen it for five years, but I have a *lot* of stuff in storage) vintage _Playboy_ covers, plus an art deck that was sold with a book (I think there was some sort of contest).  Actually, there's no "kind of" about it.  I'm adding a deck to my cart!  And also:  Simulpost.  I did it again.
I'm guessing the last two items are what this box has instead of AngeBrooklyn's first item.  

Originally Posted by MandyWiltse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My boyfriend's Birchbox just got here about an hour ago, but he won't be home for at least another hour and a half. I will post the contents of it once he's opened everything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
OMG Im dying to know what you got in the box...lol

Originally Posted by loratliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, there are definitely different boxes. My boyfriend's box came today and he got the John Varvatos cologne sample and the Kerastase shampoo, but he also got a bag of spicy caramel bacon popcorn (yum!), the Zirh shave gel that some people got last month, and two decks of vintage playing cards. So glad he didn't get the watch, haha. The playing cards are fun—they're old fashioned and have drink recipes and word searches, etc., on the back.

My BF thought last month's box was pretty great and he thinks this one is just so-so, so he said it averages out to pretty good. I'm so shocked so many people hated the socks—my BF is a super-chic GQ sorta guy who loves fun socks with his suits so it was perfect for him. 

Is this the heavier 1lb box?

Originally Posted by miss6aby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG Im dying to know what you got in the box...lol
Post! Post! Post!

lol

I saw on Birchbox Man twitter they Retweeted a tweet from someone else and they got a Rumba Watch in theirs.

Watches! :)

Cool! Looks like more feedback is up on my account. So the hubby is getting...

• Jack Black Beard Lube Conditioning Shave
  • RumbaTime VanDam GO

I had to join the forum so I could reply.

My husbands box shipped and it says  1.1070

So who knows what's in that one!

His box has the following...

Varvatos Star Cologne ZIRH Shave Gel Playing cards eshu Moisturizer Spicy Bacon Caramel Corn
Just found out what's in his box!

seriously....?? Some men are getting a $35 watch, while my hubby is getting shampoo, shave gel, cologne, playing cards and caramel corn?....

I almost hope he got the playing cards and popcorn, at least we would use those.  He will NEVER wear that watch. 

My BF is getting:

• John Vartos Star USA
  • RumbaTime VanDam GO
  • eshu Shave Gel
  • Kerastase Bain Capital Force Anti-Oiliness Shampoo
Wait. Is there really a watch in some boxes & in some not?
blink.gif

Going by the "Ships Free" I thought my boyfriend was getting a watch, but now that his box is loading I'm less than thrilled to see no watch. Ugh I wanted to like BirchboxMan so much, but I might cancel after this. I was trying to wait for 3 strikes, but that big a difference in value of boxes isn't worth the gamble. 

They just updated his box online. The weight is 1.1180 lbs. I don't know why I get more excited over this than he does...

927.jpg

I just looked online and saw what is going to be in his box:

Playing cards

Caramel Corn

Varvatos cologne

ZIRH Shave Gel and the

Keratase Shampoo

i'm getting the same box and it weighed 1.0950. i really hope the watch fits my wrist!

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They just updated his box online. The weight is 1.1180 lbs. I don't know why I get more excited over this than he does...

927.jpg

Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

seriously....?? Some men are getting a $35 watch, while my hubby is getting shampoo, shave gel, cologne, playing cards and caramel corn?....
Same. I'm getting really annoyed with the difference in value in all Birchboxes (men and women). They were my favorite sub for a LONG time but I think I will be canceling soon.

Back