Birchbox Man: The June boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has there been any hints to what the next Birchman box will contain? Assuming it will charge today and then be sent out next week.

Originally Posted by StellaSunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought a 3 month sub for my hubby.  I think he had fun opening it but wasn't too thrilled about the contents.  Wait...he was pretty happy with his funky green socks.  Anyway, I asked for feedback so I could post on BB and get points.  (The points actually added into my account.  Yay for me!)

This is what he said about the shave gel.  "Yuck!  The tube was so tiny I couldn't get enough on my face and it wouldn't lubricate well enough.  The shaving cream I have now works awesome and that's the reason Barb-o-sol shave cream has been in business for 100 years!"

LOL
Yeah, I was surprised that the socks were a hit too.  I would have MAYBE bought them as a lark or a gag gift from the clearance table at T.J. Maxx or Marshalls.  But probably not.  So it was great seeing him so happy to get them.  But the face/body products haven't gone over as well.  The exfoliating scrub and the Kiehl's bar soap are sitting on our vanity and he hasn't touched either.  I'm thinking of giving them to one of our guy friends who's a little worried about his complexion and has asked me for help about it before and asked me to bring products back from the States, I think he'd like them.  He stayed with us once when he was moving here and used my cleanser that was in the bathroom and fell in love with it and asked me to stock him up on it.  Funny.  I could/would probably use the scrub myself, but I am swimming in girly products as it is and I love making up personalized gifts, especially when people are least expecting it.  The only problem when I gift the friend with the guy stuff I get is he loves it and then checks to get more and sees how crazy expensive it is, especially considering this isn't the States and people are on a different pay scale.  I'll just keep him swimming in samples, he doesn't mind the unisex cleansers and lotions I give him either.  Cleansers last a long time and I get a lot of good ones through BeautyFix.  As long as someone's happy, I'm interested in seeing what else Birchbox has up their sleeve for the men's boxes.

Bring on the spoilers!  I want to see what's next.

I just checked the man section on BB's website and I don't see anything new posted yet.  I hope the next box is a little better than the first one.  I gifted hubby the three month sub, so I will be sticking it out a little longer in high hopes for something fun in these next two boxes.

Since I was charged for June's Birchbox Man box I realized that those boxes will be shipping out within a week. I've started to hunt for the images of the June boxes but so far nothing yet. Hopefully this month's box will be better than the May one which some of us felt was a little lacking for $20.

Birchbox Man was sneaky this month and changed their format so I couldn't find a thing for sneak peeks until now. First, my husband's June box (box #4) will contain:

1. RumbaTime VanDam GO
  2. John Varvatos Star USA
  3. eshu Shave Gel
  4. Kérastase Bain Capital Force Anti-Oiliness Shampoo
The RumbaTime VanDam GO alone costs $35! The hubby already has had a sample of the Kérastase Bain Capital Force Densifying Shampoo from the limited edition box in November (he actually got his box in December for Christmas) and loved it so much that I went ahead and purchased a full size bottle of it. I think he'll like the Anti-Oiliness shampoo as well. The bottle that came in the LE box was a decent size and looks comparable to what's in the picture, he might have the bottle still (since I don't think he completely finished it before getting the full size bottle). As for the rest of the boxes, in total there are six box variations. Personally, boxes 1 and 5 look to be the least expensive boxes with the playing cards in it. I can imagine the uproar over that.

Birchbox Man: June 2012 Box 1
  1. John Varvatos Star USA
  2. ZIRH Shave Gel
  3. Dan & Dave Plaid Playing Cards
  4. Ovenly Spicy Bacon Caramel Corn
  5. Kérastase Bain Capital Force Anti-Oiliness Shampoo

Birchbox Man: June 2012 Box 2
  1. Anthony Logistics for Men® Shave Cream
  2. RumbaTime VanDam GO
  3. John Varvatos Star USA

Birchbox Man: June 2012 Box 3
  1. Anthony Logistics for Men® Glycolic Facial Cleanser
  2. RumbaTime VanDam GO
  4. eshu Shave Gel 

Birchbox Man: June 2012 Box 4
  1. RumbaTime VanDam GO
  2. John Varvatos Star USA
  3. eshu Shave Gel

Birchbox Man: June 2012 Box 5
  1. John Varvatos Star USA
  2. ZIRH Shave Gel
  3. Dan & Dave Plaid Playing Cards
  4. Ovenly Spicy Bacon Caramel Corn
  5. eshu Moisturiser SPF 30

Birchbox Man: June 2012 Box 6
  1. Anthony Logistics for Men® Glycolic Facial Cleanser
  2. RumbaTime VanDam GO
  4. eshu Moisturiser SPF 30

What was in last months  box? I put myself and my boyfriend on the waiting list he got his email saying if he wants to join he has two days to pay. I set him up up now I am waiting for my invite and to see what he gets.

Last month there were three box variations with five products:

1. Billy Jealousy LiquidSand Exfoliating Facial Cleanser [1] [2] [3]
  2. CoSTUME NATIONAL Scent Intense [2] [3]
  3. Richer Poorer Socks [1] [2] [3]
  4. ZIRH Shave Gel [1]
  5. Kiehl's Ultimate Man Body Scrub Soap [1] [2] [3]

I am excited.  I really want to like this box.  It needs to wow me this month.  

My boyfriend wants me to sign him up as soon as I can. He's extremely jealous of my BB. He always says, "Why can't I get presents every month, too?" But, I just signed up got glossybox so I want to see how this one goes before I shell out another $20 a month. Last month's seemed a little blah. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I signed my boyfriend up for June's box. I will post what is in it . . . Hopefully some goodies he like :)

Originally Posted by Marshie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my shipping confirmation today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
My boyfriend just got his too! Can't wait to see what he got this month, since he loved everything in last months box

Good news:Your Birchbox Man delivery is on its way. This month's shipment is focused on summer and all its potential. The goods inside will help you get the most out of the long days ahead.

Estimated delivery, May 29

Weight: 0.7670

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good news:Your Birchbox Man delivery is on its way. This month's shipment is focused on summer and all its potential. The goods inside will help you get the most out of the long days ahead.

Estimated delivery, May 29

Weight: 0.7670
I really wonder what they will give the men this time...

Latest posts

Back