Birchbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is how I go about subscribing to threads, but where is the front page stream? I don't think I'm using this website correctly or to it's full potential.
lol it's just the stream on the front page of all your subscriptions. If you hover over the thread, you should see something ilek "subscriptions:  Birchbox February 2013 " And you can click the X to unsubscribe.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know on the bottom of the page, before the reply box there is "unread posts / subscribe / search this thread / preference"? If you click the subscribe, you can set your subscription/notification options and it'll add it to your front page stream.

It's also one way to remove your subscription if you're done following a thread 
There is actually a subscribe button at the top of the thread. It's a black box with a yellow star and it says subscriptions :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel like CSI. 

I believe the red bottles on the left are Serge Normant Dry Oil and Dry Shampoo

The blue might be the Evolvh products

and the single eyeshadows look like the stila single shadows.
exciting!
I'm probably wrong, but the bottles on the right look like Manna Kadar's Illuminator bottle - they have a tall lid like that. But they're not that skinny, so probably not. Please let there be shadows! !!

I figured I would come over here and stalk the thread while still waiting for my 2nd Feb. box.

You know, 5 months ago I thought the ladies with 2-3 boxes were a bit crazy.
stupid.gif
Now I have joined you and regret not doing it sooner.
4.gif

the blue bottles also look like the st. tropez tanning mouse. but im not sure BB would go that route.

I think this isn't  fair assessment. for the past 26 months the samples have been both large and small, in sort of a random way, since it really depends on the marketing budgets of the companies they partner with that month.  And the subscription service is what makes up the bulk of their earnings. They have received 12 million in funding, and I believe they have somewhere upwards of 200k subscribers, at $10 a month, is 2 million a month, 24 million a year, I highly doubt the e commerce end of things makes even close to that. 
I didn't realize all the samples were given to BB for free.  12 million in funding?   I'd say it's a close call between the revenue of the sub service and their direct commerce business at this point.  I've read that half of the 200k subscribers buy full-sized items.  If that 100k is anything like me, I've definitely spent more in the shop than I have on the subscription service alone.  I imagine their goal is to keep increasing the shop, giving us incentives to spend and to ultimately make that their biggest source of revenue.   The box is like a fishing tackle to get us to buy.  I've read that since they started they've become the leading retailer of Benta Berry in the states and even one of the leading retailers of Color Club.  They charge $8 a pop for one of those polishes you could probably find elsewhere for cheaper, but you buy it in their shop because you want to reach the limit to get their promotions, and it's a low priced item.  
The shop is probably close to 90 percent of Birchbox's revenue. On a side note, my TJ Maxx has Color Club box sets of 7 from like Spring 2012 for 9 bucks. I bought Blue-Ming off the Birchbox website, it's included in the set at TJ Maxx, and I could have gotten 6 other polishes on the set for only a buck more than I spent for 1.

the blue bottles also look like the st. tropez tanning mouse. but im not sure BB would go that route.
I saw this and first thing I thought was, 'Uh oh. Oh, yes, they would.' I've never heard of St. Tropez Tanning Mousse, but if it has anything to do with fake tanning, Birchbox loves that kinda thing way too much.

I saw this and first thing I thought was, 'Uh oh. Oh, yes, they would.' I've never heard of St. Tropez Tanning Mousse, but if it has anything to do with fake tanning, Birchbox loves that kinda thing way too much.
I looooove the tanning mousse! I also have the mitt, which i think is key, your fingers don't the fake tanner darkness and it spreads easily and totally evenly. I am pretty pale so I love that I don't have to use much product to look like i have had some sun. It's very natural looking on me.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh wow really? im new to BB so I wasnt sure but yes the St. Tropez Line you can buy at Sephora and its pretty pricey. They have a variation of what the bottle looks like depending on what type of tanning product it is:

the black bottle is what made me think of it. they also have normal square like lotion bottles too. but looking back at the picture it doesnt match quite well so maybe it isnt, hehe.

Oh man I can't wait. I've been checking my email like there is going to be a shipping code sent.. but then I realize that it is only the 20th. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I've gone mad. I signed up mid-January and have only received two boxes, but have already spent over 150 bucks in the shop and I have 75 dollars of stuff in my cart at the moment and I am itching to click "checkout." I'm pretty sure I need that The Balm NUDE palette... Decisions. I think I'd be completely happy to get a second part time job just to fund my new-found makeup obsession. I can't believe I was using crappy stuff for so long. I really look forward to doing my makeup every day now. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I think I'll wait though and see if they send eyeshadow for March. *Crossing my fingers!*

Originally Posted by Brainwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh man I can't wait. I've been checking my email like there is going to be a shipping code sent.. but then I realize that it is only the 20th. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I've gone mad. I signed up mid-January and have only received two boxes, but have already spent over 150 bucks in the shop and I have 75 dollars of stuff in my cart at the moment and I am itching to click "checkout." I'm pretty sure I need that The Balm NUDE palette... Decisions. I think I'd be completely happy to get a second part time job just to fund my new-found makeup obsession. I can't believe I was using crappy stuff for so long. I really look forward to doing my makeup every day now. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I think I'll wait though and see if they send eyeshadow for March. *Crossing my fingers!*
I'd sign up for Hautelook! I picked up Nude Tude for like $16 when it was on there. Whenever theBalm goes on HL, it's always 50% off and I'm pretty sure every time they have had NudeTude!

Back