Birchbox Men: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received an email with my tracking code, but still no update on the site in regards to which box my fiance will be receiving...

This is definitely a first! Normally I am impatiently waiting for the tracking so he can get what he's not so patiently waiting for!

p.s. Hi! I've been watching these forums for months now but just now joined! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ughhh he got the 1 box I was dreading... Box 6. And yes he got the shampoo for thinning hair when his profile says thick, unruly and hard to manage

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ughhh he got the 1 box I was dreading... Box 6. And yes he got the shampoo for thinning hair when his profile says thick, unruly and hard to manage
Ditto.

The dreaded Box 6...  That's the same box my bf is getting!  I'm so disappointed!  His profile has the same thing - thick and hard to manage - not thinning!  The first boxes look amazing so I was really hoping he would get one, but of course that is not the case.  I hate to sound like such a curmudgeon.  I mean, I'm happy that the box value is well over the price I paid because of the tie, but I really wish they would pay attention to the answers given to the profile questions.  Plus the fact that some boxes have six items while others four...but that's another story!

updated this morning! he's getting box 7 which I know he'll be happy with. He was disappointed he didn't get the tie the last time around. Bummed there are only 4 items instead of 5/6. He also likes getting shampoo to try but foil packets again?

I posted on their facebook wall and sent an email about it. They said they try to match up according to the profile and to contact them if something was sent in error. Ummm yeah I think there is an error when you are sending shampoo for thinning/balding hair to guys who state they have thick hair. what the heck bbox man

Box 5. The boxes before 5 seem to be loaded with nice sized samples, and after that the boxes either have smaller samples or less samples. I know he would have preferred boxes 1-4, but at least box 5 contains items he can and will use (except the tie!). 

Looks like my hubby is getting box 5 too.This is his second bbman box so I guess they decided he needed a tie this time. Not too sure if he will use it but it is at least in a color that he can match a shirt with.He enjoys trying different shampoos just wish this was in a bottle not a packet.The shaving cream well I will get use out of it lol.

So I was right about him getting one of these four boxes - his is box 1.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was going to cancel but forgot so he's getting a box. I've narrowed down the hubby's box to one of these four boxes since the other boxes contain one or more items he's already received.

December Birchbox Man Box 1

December Birchbox Man Box 3

December Birchbox Man Box 4

December Birchbox Man Box 5
He will be getting:

1. The Knottery Knit Tie in Navy/Ivory - useless to him
  2. The Essentials Travel Kit from American Crew* - which is fine
  3. Lucky Tiger Face Scrub - he might not use
  4. Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer - he might not use
  5. PRORASO Shaving Cream - hope it's not like First Aid Beauty's shaving cream which clogs the blades
  6. Lucky Tiger Natural Peppermint Lip Balm - he might not use.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I was right about him getting one of these four boxes - his is box 1.

He will be getting:

1. The Knottery Knit Tie in Navy/Ivory - useless to him
  2. The Essentials Travel Kit from American Crew* - which is fine
  3. Lucky Tiger Face Scrub - he might not use
  4. Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer - he might not use
  5. PRORASO Shaving Cream - hope it's not like First Aid Beauty's shaving cream which clogs the blades
  6. Lucky Tiger Natural Peppermint Lip Balm - he might not use.
That is a great box! At least he isn't getting the men's punishment Box 6

I know this varies completely from person to person, but I cancelled last month because I just wasn't seeing the value in the boxes. Seeing this month's boxes, I'm glad I did. Yes, last month that silly wallet retailed for $25 and I'm sure that's the approximate price point for the tie this month. Even the months that I have been extremely happy with the boxes (the ones with the t-shirt and boxers), I'm still left thinking I'm not exactly getting my money's worth. Again, I realize this is highly subjective.

I know this is discussed on every sub thread, value vs cost or whatever, but for $20 I want a full size product and an awesome lifestyle extra. Is that asking too much (and I'm sincerely asking this)? The sizes in BB man are definitely better than BB woman, but it's double the cost so I expect that. I feel like they sort of pull the bait and switch with the lifestyle extra, like sending a wallet (read: two pieces of sewn together wool) that retails for $25. So in theory, you're getting you money's worth, but in reality (to me at least) not so much.

I wasn't altogether unhappy with this sub, it was just time to cut some spending and this was the easiest to let go. I will miss the extra points I got for feedback! I could rack up 300 points in just a couple months it seemed!

My husband will also be getting Box #6.  He's pretty laid back though, so he won't be overly upset.  I try to look at these subscriptions for what they are.  A grab bag.  You win some, you lose some.  He's already got one of the ties (bought thru Birchbox - you think they'd note this stuff), so we'll gift one.  Box 6 weighs 1.1150 pounds and ours should be here on 12/3.

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I posted on their facebook wall and sent an email about it. They said they try to match up according to the profile and to contact them if something was sent in error. Ummm yeah I think there is an error when you are sending shampoo for thinning/balding hair to guys who state they have thick hair. what the heck bbox man
I plan on emailing them too.  I'm really disappointed and I know the bf will be as well.  

I am so glad that I didn't get my fiancé a BB mens sub - it really doesn't seem worth it.  

That tie is beyond dumb (imho) and the stuff doesn't really seem to be for my guy.

Maybe if I start seeing stuff that he is more into I might consider it. 

Do you ladies think BB Men is worth the money? 

Back