Birchbox Men: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The December boxes will be shipping soon. I've moved the discussion of the December Gift Subscription Welcome Box contents to a different thread so this one will be about the regular boxes.

There appears to be at least 12 box variations this month for the Men's boxes. At this time the pages are simply 404ing. No images yet.

December Birchbox Man Box 1
  1. The Knottery Knit Tie in Navy/Ivory
  2. The Essentials Travel Kit from American Crew*
  3. Lucky Tiger Face Scrub
  4. Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
  5. PRORASO Shaving Cream
  6. Lucky Tiger Natural Peppermint Lip Balm

December Birchbox Man Box 2
  1. Richer Poorer Socks
  2. The Essentials Travel Kit from American Crew
  3. PRORASO Shaving Cream
  4. Lucky Tiger Face Scrub
  5. Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer

December Birchbox Man Box 3
  2. Guythority by Jock Soap Tall Drink Body Hydrator
  3. TORO Shave Oil

December Birchbox Man Box 4
  2. The Essentials Travel Kit from American Crew
  3. Mr. Natty Presents Frank's Beard Elixir

December Birchbox Man Box 5

2. Guythority by Jock Soap Tall Drink Body Hydrator
  3. TORO Shave Oil
  4. TOWELDRY Mid-Styler

December Birchbox Man Box 6

2. Kérastase Bain Capital Force Densifying Shampoo
  3. C.O. BIGELOW Mentha Lip Balm Stick SPF 15
  4. The Art of Shaving® After-Shave Balm

December Birchbox Man Box 7

3. Guythority by Jock Soap Tall Drink Body Hydrator
  4. PRORASO Shaving Cream

December Birchbox Man Box 8

2. John Varvatos Artisan 4.2 oz
  4. BENTA BERRY Super Moisturizing Face Cream for Men
  5. TOWELDRY Mid-Styler

December Birchbox Man Box 9

3. C.O. BIGELOW My Favorite Lip Balm
  5. PRORASO Shaving Cream

December Birchbox Man Box 10

4. Kiehl's Creme de Corps

December Birchbox Man Box 11

2. John Varvatos Artisan
  3. Billy Jealousy Combination Code Face Moisturizer
  4. Mr. Natty Presents Frank's Beard Elixir
  5. TOWELDRY Mid-Styler

December Birchbox Man Box 12

2. John Varvatos Artisan
  3. TOWELDRY Mid-Styler
  5. The Art of Shaving® Pre-Shave Oil

The boxes look pretty good this month for the boys... although some seem sparse compared to others. For example box 1 compared to box 5. Although I know they did say that there would

gyms bags (which are not shown in the box pics) included with the shampoo for thinning hair

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The boxes look pretty good this month for the boys... although some seem sparse compared to others. For example box 1 compared to box 5. Although I know they did say that there would

gyms bags (which are not shown in the box pics) included with the shampoo for thinning hair
Not too bad.  I'm trying to think of ways I could get some use out of the tie, since I'm not too sure he would use it.  Hopefully he lucks out and gets the box with the socks.  Those looked fun!

Well if they actually assign boxes according to profiles this month I am thinking my fiance'  will be getting 1,2,3 or 5. All the others contain items he already received or  things that don't fit into his profile at all. For example,

his profile on facial hair states that he is either clean shaven or has stubble, so hopefully no beard elixer. And his hair profile states his hair is thick & generally unruly, so hopefully that means no shampoo for thinning hair.
But we shall see if the profile is taken into account!

Just got my boyfriend a subscription to BB man.  He doesn't know it yet.  Figure I'll let it be a surprise and see what he thinks.  We've gotten him some other sub boxes for health and fitness items, but not a "beauty" or "style" related box.  If he doesn't like it, I can always cancel easily.

Plus, by getting him the subscription, my BB points went up over 300 and I reedemed them for the Kiehl's body wash.  I'd say that's a win-win :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

icon_cheers.gif

I am pretty sure nothing is taken into account. My husband is bald and got hair styling creme last month. Is that creme the same one from Towel Dry? I hope we don't get it if it is just a variation on the last one.

Originally Posted by dlynncoates /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got my boyfriend a subscription to BB man.  He doesn't know it yet.  Figure I'll let it be a surprise and see what he thinks.  We've gotten him some other sub boxes for health and fitness items, but not a "beauty" or "style" related box.  If he doesn't like it, I can always cancel easily.

Plus, by getting him the subscription, my BB points went up over 300 and I reedemed them for the Kiehl's body wash.  I'd say that's a win-win :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

icon_cheers.gif
What health and fitness boxes do you recommend for men?

I see the knit tie is back as the big ticket item this month. My fiance will never wear it, but perhaps my brother-in-law would like it. He is more into fashion, so we will probably gift it to him. Box 6 ,7, and 10 seem to have less samples, and a packet sample this month.It seems weird that a lot of the other boxes have more samples, and better sized samples as well.  I wish Kerastase was doing a small bottle vs a packet like they did back in June. At first I thought my fiance wouldn't be able to get box 6, 7, or 10 and now I realize it is a different shampoo than the one from June. Now I think he will end up with one of those boxes because that is the way his boxes seem to go. 

Originally Posted by starfighter82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I see the knit tie is back as the big ticket item this month. My fiance will never wear it, but perhaps my brother-in-law would like it. He is more into fashion, so we will probably gift it to him. Box 6 ,7, and 10 seem to have less samples, and a packet sample this month.It seems weird that a lot of the other boxes have more samples, and better sized samples as well.  I wish Kerastase was doing a small bottle vs a packet like they did back in June. At first I thought my fiance wouldn't be able to get box 6, 7, or 10 and now I realize it is a different shampoo than the one from June. Now I think he will end up with one of those boxes because that is the way his boxes seem to go. 
Keep in mind that all the boxes with Keratase also receive a duffle gym bag (per the spoiler video), but it isnt in the pic

I wonder if it's the same bag that was in the LE box last year. I have that still, it's small but good for a guy going to the gym and is large enough for one set of clothes but not necessarily shoes. I need to see that video.

Oh yeah, that's the same bag from the men's LE boxes last year. The hubby uses his not for his stuff but for the boys stuff when we go to the gym.

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What health and fitness boxes do you recommend for men?
We enjoy Kona Kase and Bulu Box.  They've had a lot of great protein bars, energy shots, etc.  Good quality stuff.  Especially Kona Kase, but it is $15 and Bulu Box is $10.

Originally Posted by dlynncoates /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We enjoy Kona Kase and Bulu Box.  They've had a lot of great protein bars, energy shots, etc.  Good quality stuff.  Especially Kona Kase, but it is $15 and Bulu Box is $10.
Cool - I'll show hubby!  Thanks!

Latest posts

Back